Bold Product Options

by BOLD

Product Options & Customization w/ Conditional Logic & Pricing

Based on 1913 reviews

Midsummer Star

Don't recommend. Maybe the app works well, maybe not. They installed 4 seperate times and each time install broke my site, the last install meant customer could not add to cart. Will no longer do business with these cowboys.

November 5, 2019

Hi there, I just wanted to sincerely apologize for the issues you ran into with having the app properly installed on your store. It looks like things were fixed, however we understand that at that point, you were no longer interested in trying the app, and understandably so.

Should you decide you want to try Product Options out while it's working properly on your store, please let us know - our expert, Sam, has attempted to reach out to you via email and is hoping to speak with you over the phone in order to get everything resolved, should you want to try again.

HipFlaskPlus

We have been using the app for a few months with our products having engraving options and we looked today and all of our engraving options were gone. The main point for the 1 star review is that you have to select all your products one by one for the options. you cant select entire groups of products which takes way too much time. If they fix it so you can select entire groups of products I will change my review to 5 stars. for now the app is useless.

October 15, 2019

Hi there, thank you for the feedback about our app. We're so sorry to hear that you ran into issues with the engraving options showing up on your products.

I saw that one of our product experts attempted to give you a call to discuss this better on Friday, however wasn't able to reach you. I was informed that by creating a collection of products that will have the engraving option on it, you can easily assign your options to that entire collection rather than selecting all products individually.

If you're able to, please respond to our latest email from our specialist, Nick, and let us know how we can better reach you! We'd love to be able to help you get Product Options working better - and more easily - on your store.

TOPSTRING

After a year being with the app and managing lots of frustration with previous bad experience with BOLD, I'm now actually trying to come away from this app mainly due to the poor level of customer service I have experienced over the last 2 weeks when requesting a copy, paste and check process.

The service model is friendly and personable but lacks the attentiveness, knowledge and support experience for delivery success and management of customer expectations.

This is just my experience but work does not get checked, communication has to be chased and most important in service support, customer expectations are not managed and customer success management is very poor.

I appreciate everything that has been attempted to deliver service but at the premium I am paying for their product, the service level is poor. I am now seeking an alternative product with a stronger support model.

In my opinion, a stronger focus on service delivery would help BOLD rather than a strong focus on being nice and passing the ball around. The very nice part should always be there but the customers needs professionally should come first followed by the nice engagement. I will be removing the app once i have found a more suitable vendor.

I hope my review helps Bold aspire to be the service delivery vendor they consistently aim to be.

September 13, 2019

Hello there! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback; it really helps us evaluate what we are doing and where we need to improve, and completely understand where your frustration lies.

We certainly aim to do the best we can in providing consistent communication with our merchants, especially when their theme is being worked on. Unfortunately, sometimes the ball is dropped and we absolutely take full responsibility for it.

We're very sorry that the installation of Product Options onto your new theme didn't go as smoothly as hoped - we very much wanted to rectify the situation and ensured that the placement of the options was correct after it was pointed out that it was done improperly.

We understand that you need to do what's best for your business, even if that means finding a different app. Should you decide to continue using our app, we'd be more than happy to work with you. However, as mentioned, we understand you need to do what's best for your business, and we wish you all the best if you decide to use another solution.

Wearabelle

Very bad app. Full of bugs, complicated to operate, not working properly.
If you want to add one simple field to several products, it will do the job. But if you need a little more sophisticated options than that, the mess starts.
Highly not recommended

RYTE Sport

We have used this app for about 6 months now to handle additional product options to personalize our products. Worked great initially, something happened at the beginning of this year, the product options are becoming unlinked from the products after they are setup. Customer support continues to blame us even when we walked through a screen share. Then radio silence. Then I the owner had to contact the company again and the support team needed us to start from the beginning with explanations. To this day we are still having issues with products we setup yesterday. HIGHLY SUGGEST NOT USING THIS APPLICATION.

July 25, 2019

Hi there. I just wanted to sincerely apologize about the issues you have run into using Product Options. It certainly should not have taken such a long time to reach a resolution, however I can assure you that Samuel is currently in the midst of writing a reply to further help you with the product options unlinking from your products.

I can promise you that we are dedicated to solving this for you and will do everything in our power to get it working correctly.

Luxury Playstyle

Update 2019-06-21: Lowering from 2 stars to 1 star.

Well, not only did they leave a lot of worthless code slowing down the pageload of my site (they offer in the reply below to log in and remove them if I want), but they have been spamming me since my 2-star review. (I'm just not that into you, guys...)

Email #1 from them: "Please don't leave us."
Email #2 from them: "Regarding your review..."
Email #3 from them: "How are we doing?" ?? A support survey for the message they sent me about the review?
Email #4 from them: "Sorry for the delay" ?? Leave me be, please!
Then they replied to the review... and I got notified of that response.

And.. then they called us about the review!

In the call, they didn't address any of my concerns, nor seemed sympathetic. They basically indicated the product direction would never include customizing options based on a user's Shopify variant selection (maybe a new "app" they want to sell eventually so they don't want to enhance this one too much?)

All in all-- I spent a lot of money, got negative value (huge waste of my time and some slowdowns) from their app, and then was pretty much harassed by them about leaving a 2-star review, with no desire to improve their product. Before giving up, I swear I went back to the app like 3-4 times over months to give it another try but I just couldn't make it work. Maybe if I sold t-shirts it'd be the bees knees... but anything more complex? Nah, shop around for another addon.

Or if you're feeling lonely, leave them a low review and they'll want to talk to you plenty...

-----
ORIGINAL REVIEW:

They helped me set this up initially and it never worked very well even after. View never ended up showing the total price with options combined, even after they helped. Sounds like they thought they fixed it but it wasn't working in our browsers. Just was too much hassle to bother with them again and I hoped to get around to working with it. In addition, I really needed it to be aware of the selected variant (e.g. if the person chose variant 2, then the options should change conditionally for that item, including maybe adding a different variant to cart if they selected the option). To their credit they were fairly responsive, and told me they didn't support that use-case. But I've paid months of this and never used it because it's a pain to use and never showed up properly. They make money because they've been around for a while but it feels like they're just coasting with this app and not really trying to improve anything. If they gave me any impression they were looking to improve the app. Now I'm going to uninstall it but their uninstall process says "oh, we'll leave a bunch of junk in your liquid files but it should be harmless" rather than having a professional approach to install/uninstall. I recommend shopping really hard for an alternative options app before trying this one.

June 20, 2019

Hi there! We're so sorry to hear about the troubles you're having with Product Options. We've tried to get in touch a couple of times but we understand that you may have found an alternative. If interested in speaking with an expert we'd be happy to accommodate a time to talk. Thank you, we'll try to get in touch once more.

Fonds Photo by Pastryandtravel

Tried to make it work on our website and when we checked "automatic install", it broke our theme. Really not cool - hopefully you can fix this ASAP. In the meantime : uninstalled!

May 28, 2019

Hi there! We have reached out through email to try and sort things out as soon as possible. We can always schedule a call and help you with the installation. Whenever you run the auto-install, please note to always make a duplicate theme. We will continue to try and get in touch. Thank you for your time.

The Stampers Box

After paying for the app I was sent the following from them when asking for a refund due to them not able to work on my particular theme.

We are afraid and Sorry to inform you that, it's not possible to answer your question perfectly because we do not have any idea about any third party app or third party theme compatibility.

We do not 100% guarantee any App will work on any theme as there are various factors.

Such as hundreds of themes and apps are getting released and it is not possible for our team to check if which App works in which of them.

Sometimes even in tested themes, some scripts, js errors from the site's existing scripts or other third party plugins, apps may cause issues in the website already which may cause troubles in the App's scripts also.

We are really very sorry for all the inconveniences.

So please try to understand the limitations.

Just remove the App from your store's admin panel's Apps section and the subscription charge will be cancelled automatically.

Mokado

Terrible app, doesn't even offer a preview of the uploaded photo. Requires "extra customization" for that. You can't install a Bold app without encoutering problems and having to contact support, they are really the worst app company by far. And as if that's not enough, when you uninstall a Bold app from your store, its stays on your site because it's still in the code, so you have to waste even more time with support to get rid of it. Avoid Bold apps like the plague unless you want to waste your time with support and mess up your site's code. Most apps out there install in one click, and you're done. Not Bold apps.

June 11, 2019

Hi there. We're very sorry to hear about the issue that you've been having; we attempted to reach out via email but we'd absolutely love to discuss this further over the phone if you'd like! We hope that things are in a better place now, but please let us know if there's anything further that we can do to help out.

Paislee'sboutique

NOTHING IS SHOWING UP IN MY STORE NO TELLING HOW LONG IT HAS BEEN LIKE THIS SO WHAT AM I PAYING FOR? EMAILED SUPPORT AND DOESN'T SEEM TO BE WORRIED ABOUT GETTING IT FIXED!

May 22, 2019

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about issues you're having and the frustration this has caused. Please know we're doing what we can to get in contact with you. We hope that over the phone or email we can help you show the options on the storefront. It may be related to Liquid code that is missing, or caching of the app. Please contact us by replying or emailing support@boldcommerce.com. We will try and get in contact once more shortly, and look forward to helping solve this issue for you.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7