Bold Product Options

Bold Product Options

by BOLD

Product Options & Customization w/ Conditional Logic & Pricing

Wearabelle

Very bad app. Full of bugs, complicated to operate, not working properly.
If you want to add one simple field to several products, it will do the job. But if you need a little more sophisticated options than that, the mess starts.
Highly not recommended

RYTE Sport

We have used this app for about 6 months now to handle additional product options to personalize our products. Worked great initially, something happened at the beginning of this year, the product options are becoming unlinked from the products after they are setup. Customer support continues to blame us even when we walked through a screen share. Then radio silence. Then I the owner had to contact the company again and the support team needed us to start from the beginning with explanations. To this day we are still having issues with products we setup yesterday. HIGHLY SUGGEST NOT USING THIS APPLICATION.

July 25, 2019

Hi there. I just wanted to sincerely apologize about the issues you have run into using Product Options. It certainly should not have taken such a long time to reach a resolution, however I can assure you that Samuel is currently in the midst of writing a reply to further help you with the product options unlinking from your products.

I can promise you that we are dedicated to solving this for you and will do everything in our power to get it working correctly.

Luxury Playstyle

Update 2019-06-21: Lowering from 2 stars to 1 star.

Well, not only did they leave a lot of worthless code slowing down the pageload of my site (they offer in the reply below to log in and remove them if I want), but they have been spamming me since my 2-star review. (I'm just not that into you, guys...)

Email #1 from them: "Please don't leave us."
Email #2 from them: "Regarding your review..."
Email #3 from them: "How are we doing?" ?? A support survey for the message they sent me about the review?
Email #4 from them: "Sorry for the delay" ?? Leave me be, please!
Then they replied to the review... and I got notified of that response.

And.. then they called us about the review!

In the call, they didn't address any of my concerns, nor seemed sympathetic. They basically indicated the product direction would never include customizing options based on a user's Shopify variant selection (maybe a new "app" they want to sell eventually so they don't want to enhance this one too much?)

All in all-- I spent a lot of money, got negative value (huge waste of my time and some slowdowns) from their app, and then was pretty much harassed by them about leaving a 2-star review, with no desire to improve their product. Before giving up, I swear I went back to the app like 3-4 times over months to give it another try but I just couldn't make it work. Maybe if I sold t-shirts it'd be the bees knees... but anything more complex? Nah, shop around for another addon.

Or if you're feeling lonely, leave them a low review and they'll want to talk to you plenty...

-----
ORIGINAL REVIEW:

They helped me set this up initially and it never worked very well even after. View never ended up showing the total price with options combined, even after they helped. Sounds like they thought they fixed it but it wasn't working in our browsers. Just was too much hassle to bother with them again and I hoped to get around to working with it. In addition, I really needed it to be aware of the selected variant (e.g. if the person chose variant 2, then the options should change conditionally for that item, including maybe adding a different variant to cart if they selected the option). To their credit they were fairly responsive, and told me they didn't support that use-case. But I've paid months of this and never used it because it's a pain to use and never showed up properly. They make money because they've been around for a while but it feels like they're just coasting with this app and not really trying to improve anything. If they gave me any impression they were looking to improve the app. Now I'm going to uninstall it but their uninstall process says "oh, we'll leave a bunch of junk in your liquid files but it should be harmless" rather than having a professional approach to install/uninstall. I recommend shopping really hard for an alternative options app before trying this one.

June 20, 2019

Hi there! We're so sorry to hear about the troubles you're having with Product Options. We've tried to get in touch a couple of times but we understand that you may have found an alternative. If interested in speaking with an expert we'd be happy to accommodate a time to talk. Thank you, we'll try to get in touch once more.

Fonds Photo by Pastryandtravel

Tried to make it work on our website and when we checked "automatic install", it broke our theme. Really not cool - hopefully you can fix this ASAP. In the meantime : uninstalled!

May 28, 2019

Hi there! We have reached out through email to try and sort things out as soon as possible. We can always schedule a call and help you with the installation. Whenever you run the auto-install, please note to always make a duplicate theme. We will continue to try and get in touch. Thank you for your time.

The Stampers Box

After paying for the app I was sent the following from them when asking for a refund due to them not able to work on my particular theme.

We are afraid and Sorry to inform you that, it's not possible to answer your question perfectly because we do not have any idea about any third party app or third party theme compatibility.

We do not 100% guarantee any App will work on any theme as there are various factors.

Such as hundreds of themes and apps are getting released and it is not possible for our team to check if which App works in which of them.

Sometimes even in tested themes, some scripts, js errors from the site's existing scripts or other third party plugins, apps may cause issues in the website already which may cause troubles in the App's scripts also.

We are really very sorry for all the inconveniences.

So please try to understand the limitations.

Just remove the App from your store's admin panel's Apps section and the subscription charge will be cancelled automatically.

Mokado

Terrible app, doesn't even offer a preview of the uploaded photo. Requires "extra customization" for that. You can't install a Bold app without encoutering problems and having to contact support, they are really the worst app company by far. And as if that's not enough, when you uninstall a Bold app from your store, its stays on your site because it's still in the code, so you have to waste even more time with support to get rid of it. Avoid Bold apps like the plague unless you want to waste your time with support and mess up your site's code. Most apps out there install in one click, and you're done. Not Bold apps.

June 11, 2019

Hi there. We're very sorry to hear about the issue that you've been having; we attempted to reach out via email but we'd absolutely love to discuss this further over the phone if you'd like! We hope that things are in a better place now, but please let us know if there's anything further that we can do to help out.

Paislee'sboutique

NOTHING IS SHOWING UP IN MY STORE NO TELLING HOW LONG IT HAS BEEN LIKE THIS SO WHAT AM I PAYING FOR? EMAILED SUPPORT AND DOESN'T SEEM TO BE WORRIED ABOUT GETTING IT FIXED!

May 22, 2019

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about issues you're having and the frustration this has caused. Please know we're doing what we can to get in contact with you. We hope that over the phone or email we can help you show the options on the storefront. It may be related to Liquid code that is missing, or caching of the app. Please contact us by replying or emailing support@boldcommerce.com. We will try and get in contact once more shortly, and look forward to helping solve this issue for you.

So-Solar Ltd

It doesnt work how its supposed to and they have charged me for the service during my trial! I have requested 5 times to tech support that this be fixed and yet they do Nothing! 2 Months I have been waiting for them to fix this and all they do is message you back to say its fixed when you only have to look at my site to see it isnt fixed! They have cost me thousands of £ in lost business! The tech team could not care less! What a joke!!!!!

May 22, 2019

Hi there, I'm so sorry to hear about the lack of support and frustration you have experienced. Please know we're doing what we can to get in contact with you! We hope that over the phone or email we can clarify a few things, including making sure that you are refunded or credited appropriately. We've sent a couple of emails and will try once more to get in touch!

Gym Experts™

The app did not work and after uninstalling it left a bunch of random code at the top of my website... BEWARE!!

May 22, 2019

Hello there! We are very sorry to hear that there are issues with code appearing on your store after you've uninstalled. We would be happy to discuss further via email or phone if you'd like! Hope to hear from you soon.

snackbears

Extremely poor customer service! Emailed them several times in the past 2 weeks!!! I have been really patient to hear back from Bold, probably more than I should have. Time is very critical in business and we cannot wait for weeks to solve the issue happened in the checkout.

May 7, 2019

Hi there, I'm very sorry to hear that there are issues going on with the installation of our app to your store! We'd love to book a time to give you a call so we can discuss this further; please let us know when you are available! In the meantime, you can let us know which theme you'd like the code installed on so our experts can have the code installed properly!

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7