Every product option & custom field imaginable. Swatches, file uploads, text areas, date pickers, conditional logic, radio buttons & more!
Cross-Sell Other Products
Product options can be linked to other products, bundling in related items as a proven strategy to increase average order value.
Streamline the Order Process
Insert tooltips or use custom language and directions. Customers can even edit options once they add items to their cart.
About Bold Product Options
Add any, and as many, product options or custom fields to create an ideal shopping experience, no matter how customizable your products are.
Sell your products your way with Bold Product Options. Trusted by over 11,000 stores, we provide the flexibility and customization you’re looking for to create a selling experience tailored to your store, products, and customers’ needs.
Provide unlimited options across your entire store
Our app provides the customization you’re looking for beyond Shopify’s 100-variant limit, including any type of custom field imaginable:
- Dropdown menus
- Radio buttons
- Color swatches
- Image / file uploads
- Text boxes (single and multi-line)
- Image swatches
- And more!
No additional variants are created for non-priced options, keeping inventory in check and reducing admin clutter.
Increase conversion and average order value with these exclusive features
- Charge for product upsells like monograms, engraving, or gift wrapping through your options. (Premium)
- Allow customers to choose premium options that increase the base price of an item. Or simply add to the price when any option is selected, even basic Yes/No options. (Premium)
- Link options to products that, when selected, actually add additional products to the cart. For example: 'Add the matching bracelet' or 'Add extended warranty' etc. (Premium)
Streamline your custom order process
- Use conditional logic to show or hide options based on what is (or isn't) selected. This is a great way to not overwhelm customers and only show only what they need as they work through your customization. (Premium)
- Build a custom order form using flexible options to provide a quote.
- Customers can easily upload custom designs, mockups, photos, and logos, including robust file sizes.
- Access customer uploads and custom field info right from the Shopify order screen to make fulfillment easy.
- Let customers edit their options in the cart for a smooth and easy checkout. (Premium)
Customize your app’s design and function
- Use Bold Product Options as a jumping off point for your imagination.
- Style your app to match your site’s branding using CSS.
- Work with a developer to create unique applications, like a custom product builder or live option previews.
- Create option sets and apply them to multiple products.
- Bold Subscriptions,
- Bold Upsell
See the app in action
Explore how the app works in an example store.View example store
Pricing 14-day free trial
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Most recent reviews
Black Trident® - Special Purpose Gear
This is probably the most useful app on Shopify. The option menues that are available for configuration are great. What I like most about Bold Product Options is the support SUPPORT TEAM - awesome guys & girls. Jeff from the support Team did a great job to help my problem come to life. helped me in many circumstances when I had questions or encountered a problem. Thank you very much!
Appreciate the review. Passed along the kind words to Jeff, and the team.
Thanks for choosing Bold.
Appreciate the kind words! Thank you for the review. We've passed your message along to Jade.
Can't apply options modularly; have to make a whole new set for an item if it has just one tiny difference. If you have a large catalogue with variations expect to be reinventing the wheel over... and over... and over. Changes made in app can take 30 minutes to appear on the site, or not appear ever and require developer intervention (this is a showstopping problem! Especially combined with...) Conditional logic stops working on random widgets of random products and need to be caught, unset/reset in app, typically when a customer takes the time to notify us that something isn't working right. Setting up conditional logic requires visiting two separate places in the app, which is slow and tedious. Ridiculous design choice really. Why two stars? We came from Infinite options, and this was a huge step up from that. We used this and dealt with its shortcomings for over a year. For those weighing options, give W3 Product Options a shot. The staff replied to us within minutes while they were open, with a well thought-out response, and a comprehensive fix from the get-go. Since getting everything situated just right we've had absolutely zero snags that weren't us setting something wrong (redoing the logic on our site was a >24 hour effort, we were exhausted). Their backend is better designed, widgets more functional, whole system works faster. They allow options to be assigned to products a la carte, which has netted us insane gains on upsell efforts, enough to pay for their monthly subscription ,multiple times over, daily.
Appreciate the feedback. Sorry for the time spent adjusting options, as well as any delay experienced with changes generating on your front end. We've passed your message along to our developers. We're always working on ways to improve our apps.