Product Reviews

Product Reviews

by Shopify

The simplest way to share your customers' experiences.

Maison 15

Can I add this line

{% if customer.email != nil %}{{ customer.email }}{% else %}john.smith@example.com {% endif %}

inside email text of form reviews?

Shoreline 2

Decent app.

PROS:

It's free. Shopify should have a built-in review engine, anyway, but it's hard to argue with free.

Easy to use.

Easy to install.

Looks great—better, actually—on mobile.

CONS

Slow loading. This is not unique to this app—most Shopify apps, even the really good ones, take a few extra seconds to load. I just figure if it's Shopify native, it should load a little more quickly. We keep it at the bottom of the page so it doesn't hurt user experience too much.

MISSING FEATURES

Display Limits + Pagination for reviews. This is an obvious feature. We should be able to set how many reviews display at once, such that users can scroll or click to the next bunch of reviews.

"Verified Buyer" badges. Most modern review engines have these. If Shopify is also the order processor, this should be the easiest thing in the world to implement.

Conditional tag displays. Another easy one—if the product has no reviews, why clutter up the Collection or Product page with empty stars and a "no reviews yet" notice?

Easy CSS overrides. There are already a few built into the engine (star color, border and padding, etc), but things like font sizes would be great to have at least some control over.

Hoa Cam

Love this apps. We recently added this apps to our store and customers are pouring in their reviews. Thank you. Very easy to use.

Genius Pipe

I have found a solution for "taking forever to load in Google Chrome", etc:

Disclaimer: The following is based on Brooklyn Theme and have only been tested for my store. I hope it helps you guys too!

Problem:
Product Reviews is loading its own jQuery, which is fine, however, if you have Product Sharing turned on, i.e. share a product on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc - Twitter API is taking forever to load the "count of tweets" and blocking Product Reviews App from loading jQuery.

Solution A:
In theme customization -> Social Media -> Under "Sharing": turn OFF 'Tweet on Twitter' option.

Solution B:
If you want to keep twitter to allow customers to share, you’ll have to disable twitter's counter code: comment this entire block in assets/social-buttons.js.liquid:

if ( $twitLink.length ) { … }

I have also reached out to Shopify's team with detailed explanation of the problem and proposed solutions on their end, hopefully they can update the plug-in to either not load a jQuery second time if it already exists, or bypass twitter loading problem.

Otherwise, I think it’s awesome!!!

Lexi Butler Designs

It takes forever to load in Google Chrome! The app itself is wonderful love it. I have more then 20 reviews on my site and are afraid to uninstall the app and the re install. So I did it with Google Chrome...I uninstalled it all of it and re installed it. It's the same. It takes forever to load, or it does not load at all.

I contacted Shopify twice about this matter and and there suggestion to clean my computer and my cache. I did that, my computer is as clean as a whistle.

Fact is the Google Chrome is the most used browser.in any statistics ...therefore the app should me working with it. If at all the customer will not contact the store to leave a review.....if it does not load fast enough, they won't leave a review or even visit the site again. I am expected this app to work with my store when I download it.

Please fix this awesome app!!! Thank you

GENIOUS PIPE>>>your awesome IT FIXED IT!!!!!

Volto Nero Costumes

Emigrated from etsy to shopify and wanted to import the reviews I had been collecting for years. It does not work particularly well and took me days to finally import my reviews. Thanks to the friendly support <3

Mezuzah One

I installed this app on my shop after having some trouble with Yotpo that they weren't able to resolve. So far I am very happy with this app and it's free. My one complaint is that there is no system for sending customers an email to remind them to leave a review. That was the best advantage of Yotpo, because without such a feature, getting people to actually leave reviews can be very tedious.

Bettes

It looks really great on the site, as they costumize it to the look of your website, very happy with it!

Cool Kids Rooms

This is a great product - simple to install and easy for customers to use.

St Augustine Lions

Great app and great customer support - thank you for this wonderful free app!