Product Reviews

Product Reviews

by Shopify

The simplest way to share your customers' experiences.

Curly Sunshine

I recommend this app to everyone. Just amazing . Thank you. This app helped me in a lot of of things. Thank you <3

Historic-One

Same issue as the previous comment about the lack of multilingual support. Please have it added to a future release: The customer experience is terrible for English-speaking people if they see your app written in French by default when the rest of the site is all in English.

June 4, 2021

Thank you for getting in touch and writing your review. I presume that your site has a multi-language feature but the app does not translate along with it, based off of the information you have provided.

I can certainly see why having this multilingual support would be desirable, and why having consistency across your website in terms of language is important. I would recommend either speaking to a Shopify Expert to see if they can assist with language translation of the app via custom coding (https://bit.ly/3p9T9Fm), or you may wish to consider some third-party reviews apps that have a translator built in. Loot Product Reviews is one that comes with multiple language options: https://bit.ly/3pjQpFw. -Victor, Shopify Support

Lini et Moi

Ahhh this app is in general ok and works also ok but there are two major points which: 1. If there is no review - the stars review on the product page shows 5 empty stars! This is a no go! Potential customers can get this wrong and thing the article has 0 stars! Thats a usability no go. Solution: if there is no review just post a test: "write a review" - or show nothing! 2. The loading delay is quite huge on all pages meaning for example if you enter a product page the stars review need about 1-2 seconds to load completely so the site loaded ready and then.. after 1-2 seconds the review stars are loaded and the site "jumps" as the block needs some space. this can and should be prevented by a better implementation or a loading icon.

June 4, 2021

Thank you for reaching out and providing us with this feedback via your review; it's greatly appreciated. I can certainly see why having the reviews load faster and not show five empty stars when there are no reviews would be helpful.

Feedback from merchants plays a big part in how Shopify's apps and platform develop over time, and I will be sure to pass your comments onto our development team. If you are looking for an alternative solution that may suit you better, there are a number of third-party reviews apps on the Shopify App Store that you can consider: https://bit.ly/3w4Wlog. -Victor, Shopify Support

LANNA Cosmetics

This app is simple and helpful. However, is there any app that can connect this app and send email automatically to collect the reviews?

June 3, 2021

I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed using the app and that it's been easy to use! Thank you for leaving your feedback.

In terms of emailing customers asking for reviews, this is not an in built feature of the Product Reviews app built by Shopify. There are however a number of different reviews app that offer more features, including the option to email customers about leaving reviews. One app you can consider is Email Marketing Follow Up (https://bit.ly/3uPyaJ2), but there are many others on the Shopify App Store. -Victor, Shopify Support

Sneuzz

I like the app, ability to customize with CSS and html is amazing, but is there a way to add additional field to the review?

June 1, 2021

I'm delighted to hear that you're enjoying the app! Thank you for letting us know here.

It isn't possible to add extra fields to the app; at least not without custom coding that would not be supported by our design time. You could look into hiring a Shopify Expert to ask if this is something that could be done (https://bit.ly/3p9T9Fm), or you could look into other product review apps that may offer the field options you're looking for: https://bit.ly/3wMPlMN. -Victor, Shopify Support

Whistling Yarns

This app is very easy & quick to download, its free (that's a big for a small business). I have a question though - does is send auto emails (for reviews) to customers who have purchased from the store? Or is there a link we can send to customers so we can request them to write a review?

June 1, 2021

Thank you for reaching out, and I'm glad to hear that you've found the app easy to use. The Product Reviews app will not send automatic reviews to customers after they make a purchase, however there are a couple of ways you could go about this.

One option is to simply amend your order notification template to include a link back to the store encouraging customers to leave a review: https://bit.ly/3c9tAiF. Alternatively, you could consider a different reviews app offered by a third party: https://bit.ly/3wMPlMN. Many of these apps come with extra features such as an option to send automated email reminders. -Victor, Shopify Support

BUT THAT CHICKEN

This app is impossible to uninstall. I've uninstalled it and it still allows customers to leave reviews.

May 25, 2021

Thank you for sharing your review. To completely uninstall the Product Reviews app, you will need to remove any code that you had originally entered during the installation process. The code snippets that you need to delete can be found in our Product Reviews guide in the Shopify Help Center here: https://bit.ly/3fJ6n7H.

If you need any assistance removing code, then I suggest contacting Shopify Support directly. You can get in touch here: https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V.

I hope this clears things up, and thanks again for your feedback! - Julie, Shopify Support

APC Naturals

i like the reviews but is there any way to edit information, too many information to fill out. is it possible only the stars and the name

May 24, 2021

Thank you for writing your review and for providing your feedback to us here. If you go to the Apps section of your Shopify admin and click on Product Reviews, you can then click on Settings and make some changes to how the app looks and behaves.

There are sections of the review template you can make required, optional, or hide altogether. You will not have the option to hide all of the form options, but you can decide to hide or make optional the customer's ability to leave their email address, location, and name. I'd recommend checking these settings out and deciding what you think is best.

I hope this helps, but if you have further questions please do not hesitate to contact our support team for further assistance: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA. -Victor, Shopify Support

Voguishmuse

t I think it needs to have images because it will better for the customers to have clear examples of the product

May 24, 2021

Thank you for reaching out and for providing your review. I hope that you are enjoying using the Product Reviews app and that you've been able to receive valuable feedback from your customers, but I do of course appreciate that allowing customers to add images would be even better.

I will be sure to pass your feedback onto our development team who handle the Product Reviews app, but in the meantime, you may wish to know that there are other third-party reviews apps that allow images to be added. You can review the other reviews apps on the Shopify App Store and decide if you wish to use a different one that comes with more features, such as the option for customers to add images: https://bit.ly/3bQ3VLB. -Victor, Shopify Support

Bye-Bye Nose Dents

This is the best app I have used to manage customer reviews. It is very customizable with a ton of options. I love the customer service. They are lighting fast with any questions I have and provide great support when needed. I highly recommend it.