Product Reviews

Allow customers to leave product reviews on your store

Price: Free

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

Product Reviews by Shopify

Kindlecentre

Location Australia
Time spent using app Over 5 years

Adds 38kB in javascript files, not cacheable between products, to EVERY SINGLE PRODUCT PAGE, even if you have just a few reviews. It's like re-loading an entire jQuery library every time you visit a different product.

This will lower significantly your Page Speed score with google.

Barnware Doors

Time spent using app Over 2 years

Not mobile friendly. Cannot write reviews via a mobile device. Even worse, cannot even view reviews via a mobile device.

Atlas Throttle Lock

This is NOT SEO Friendly!!!!!! It's won't display in Google Search Results.

Here's the last email I sent the App team before moving over to Judge Me. I did some research by clicking on reviewer's links for this app, then finding products on their stores with product reviews. I would then search Google and the product would display but the rating wouldn't. I did this multiple times. I hope it helps some of you before you waste your time with this app:

The goal is to have reviews/ratings display on Google Search results. It's a total lie saying that you have to wait weeks for Google to crawl or re-cache your site. This is what I do for a living and that's not exactly how it works. Sometimes it populates within 24 hours, others take a week, but not weeks.

I can tell you guys don't want to figure this out, whether you care or just don't understand how to fix it. I'm going to hopefully use another app that understands microdata more than your team. It's been a big disappointment. I've been waiting on your guys for months now and nothing has changed. You can read my threads from previous emails.

You have left me as a VERY disappointed customer. I hope you get better people on your team who understand how Google search results works. You guys have been giving me the throwaway answers like, "It's displaying properly on Google Structured data test tool" and "Please give Google a few weeks to crawl your store." Thats so extremely unhelpful. You are obviously not a business owner or an entrepreneur. You're simply answering questions or diverting customers.

Your code doesn't work on search results, rendering your App NOT SEO Friendly.

Brooklantree

Location Australia

I paid a developer thousands to set up my store with Shopify to make it easy for me to manage, i have since paid Shopify thousands for the privilege of using their e commerce platform and now after trying to install this simple app have found out that my theme is no longer a Shopify theme and also they do not have the skills to fix this for me. All they have said to me is re do my store or pay an expert to fix this which i can afford to do! Extremely poor Shopify im so dissapointed.

Fragrancebuy

Time spent using app About 2 months

App worked great for months until today. The app script crashes our website product page in Internet Explorer browsers.

We reached out to Shopify who told us IE is a poor browser and the only solution is to unininstall the app.

They should put a BIG Tag saying this App is not compatible with Internet Explorer and will render your website useless if installed for Ie users.

Modzlink Llc

This app is great although it's buggy just like Amazon's review system ANYONE can come in and claim they bought the item and leave a fake review to try to bring down your business.

HOW DO WE ONLY ALLOW VERIFIED PURCHASERS TO LEAVE REVIEWS?!

Rocky Mountain Barber Company

This is an extremely buggy app that I continue to have problems with. When I attempted to reinstall the app, I was led to a page that said "The page you’re looking for could not be found". I then cleared my cache/cookies and was able to successfully reinstall it thanks to Shopify support. However, I am now having a problem where I cannot import new reviews. Everytime I hit "Import" in the top right corner, a pop up window appears and it says "Importing reviews... Please wait, this may take awhile." and the "Please wait" wheel keeps spinning. I have tried clearing cache/cookies and even reinstalled the app. Yet still, when I click "Import", I still get the same error message. So frustrating! Does anyone know the solution? Support is currently looking into this for me but so far has been unable to solve the problem.

Edit: It is now 10 days later and Shopify has been unable to provide me with a solution to this problem. Very, very frustrated.

Gundog Lanyards

This app got stuck when trying to import csv data, so I thought best to uninstall and reinstall the app. Now I have no way to download the app as it say it is unavailable. I have sent two emails to the developer who I believe is shopify with no response. Please sort this app, having no reviews are harming my website.

Liberty Addiction Clothing

Time spent using app About 3 hours

I want to get this app but every time I try to download it, it says

The page you’re looking for could not be found

Please make sure the web address is correct.

Shop Kaike

It was working when originally installed, and I wasn't aware that it was no longer functional until a customer emailed me asking how to add a product review. For an unknown reason, the app stopped working. When I deleted and tried to re-install, I received an error message that I had the wrong web address (I accessed the app through the app store). Strange and disappointing.