Product Reviews

Allow customers to leave product reviews on your store

Price: Free

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

Product Reviews by Shopify

MDTC Jewelry

Location China
Time spent using app About 1 month

My theme doesn't have snippets/product-grid-item.liquid - where do I put the code in to get the stars under my product?
Pls reply me,my shopify theme is Debut

October 13, 2021

Thank you for getting in touch. If you're using a recent version of Debut, you should be able to install the snippet in "product-template.liquid", which will be listed under "Sections" in the code editor. You can view this screenshot from my test store for guidance on where to install the snippet: https://screenshot.click/13-53-17894-15781.png.

If you're unable to find this template or are having any other issues installing the snippet, please contact our support team directly who can authenticate you on the store and offer their direct assistance: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA. -Victor, Shopify Support

Genius Lab Gear

Time spent using app About 18 hours

Works in general but several issues:
1) When adding a "Reviews" section in Online Store 2.0 product page, it only shows the summed reviews and not individual reviews (this is not the "star rating" section). There's nowhere to click to expand it either.
2) There's no way to change the color of the stars. It picks up the store theme, which is nice, but now my stars are black - literally the definition of blending in. 3) Unlike most other review apps, it doesn't show the distribution of reviews or let you filter by rating (no filters at all) The stars do show up now on Google SEO, though, which is nice for a free app. Please keep working on more features to improve this app.

October 11, 2021

Thank you for writing your review and for sharing your feedback with us here. I can appreciate how the issues you've cited make the app more difficult to use for both you and your customers, and I will be sure to pass your suggestions onto our app development team. Thanks again for getting in touch. -Victor, Shopify Support

FaTH

Time spent using app About 1 month

October 8, 2021

Hi there. Thank's so much for your review and for providing us with this feedback. In some themes, this file has a different name. If you cannot find "product-grid-item.liquid," then look for one of the following:

- product-card-grid.liquid
- product-card.liquid
- product-card-item.liquid
- product-block.liquid
- product-item.liquid

This information and more is also in our Product Reviews guide here (https://bit.ly/3AqEDx9) if you want to follow along. I hope this helps you out, and thank's again for your review. -Marty, Shopify Support

Rydale

Time spent using app Over 6 years

Can you please help us about displaying reviews on Google Search listing? Is this functionality removed from app? Why reviews don't appear under product on search page?

September 8, 2021

Thank you for writing your review and for sharing this feedback with us. The functionality to display your reviews on Google Search listings has not been removed. However, Google decides what data to display, which means your data might not show up all the time as our Product Reviews guide https://bit.ly/2WXmcC6 notes. Thanks again for your review! -Marty, Shopify support.

SUNBABE

Time spent using app Almost 4 years

This app works well but the reviews have stopped showing under our Google search listing. Not ideal, may have to switch to another app.

September 8, 2021

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. We can certainly understand the desire to have your product reviews show under your Google Search listings at all times, however, Google decides what data to display, which means your data might not show up all the time as our Product Reviews guide https://bit.ly/2WXmcC6 notes. Thanks again for your review! -Marty, Shopify support.

ukgiftstoreonline

1) Not able to delete all reviews at once. I mean there is an option. but it's not working.
2) Once I update the excel sheet with empty fields it's not overriding with empty data.
3) Can you please integrate request for review option on this app?
Other than that app is perfect.

September 8, 2021

Hey, there. Thank you for leaving your review and providing this feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with Product Reviews. You should be able to utilize bulk actions to delete multiple reviews at once, feel free to reference this step in our guide here (https://bit.ly/3zXwu3F). You mentioned this option may not be working, if so I would recommend reaching out to our support team directly to investigate this further.

In regards to your excel sheet issue, this is something we could take a look into as well. I would recommend reaching out to our live support team to take a closer look at both of these issues. To contact our Support team, please visit the Shopify Help Center (https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V) and log into your account. Thank you! -Marty, Shopify Support

Swipe

Location Denmark

All right, app, great for text reviews, but if you're looking for your customers to really share their experience, this app is not it. I would love to recommend it more since I love official Shopify apps, but since there is no way for customers to leave a photo with their review, the app only gets 3 stars.

August 24, 2021

Thank you for writing your review and sharing your feedback with us here. I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed using the app for text reviews but can appreciate that not being able to add photos to reviews is disappointing.

I will be sure to pass your comments onto our app development team as merchant feedback plays a big part in how the Shopify platform and our apps develop over time. In the meantime, please feel free to consider other review apps which do include photo reviews and other features: https://bit.ly/3w4Wlog. -Victor, Shopify Support

PAMELA'S ART by PonsART - a Gift Shop and Marketplace

Time spent using app Almost 5 years

I've had this installed for a long time but I realize I haven't had a review recently.
My question: Am I supposed to send a request for the review to my customer? If so, I did not know this. And, I don't know where to go for this information.

August 17, 2021

Thank you for writing your review and for getting in touch. Deciding whether to contact the customer after their purchase and ask for them to leave a review is up to you, but doing so would most likely see more customers returning to the site and providing reviews. We have a blog post that speaks more about the benefits of this and how to go about encouraging more reviews from your customers: https://bit.ly/2VZBWEj.

The Product Reviews app does not come with any automated system that involves contacting customers and asking them to leave a review, although you could edit your order and/ or shipping notification templates to include a request for them to do so. There are also some other review apps that have this more marketing features built-in, such as Stamped.io Product Reviews (https://bit.ly/3yW0ywe) and Rivyo Product Reviews: https://bit.ly/3AQAaEm. -Victor, Shopify Support

Arkeytekt

Location Sweden

The Product Reviews app works great for basic monolingual stores. However, if you need a review app displaying form fields in several languages, then you need to look at other options. I'm working on a small bilingual store and find it utterly frustrating that the form fields can't be translated into a second language. I've spent hours looking for a solution, but it simply can't be done. There is room for improvement here!

August 16, 2021

Hey, there. Thank you for taking the time and sharing this review. We can see how being able to translate the form fields into multiple languages is important for you and your customers, and we'd be happy to share your feedback with our teams.

That being said, you may also be able to use a third-party translation app, such as Langify or Translation Lab, to translate your entire shop. Please check out the available translation apps in our App Store here: https://bit.ly/3CLwXI2. Thanks again! -Elias, Shopify Support

AEON VIE

Time spent using app Over 1 year

I have noticed an issue while using the mobile version on our site. The customer cannot leave a review and the margins are slightly off. It works fine on desktop. Any bugs needing fixed here?

July 13, 2021

Hey, there. Thank you for writing this review and bringing this to our attention. While we aren't aware of any bugs that needs fixing at the moment, there could be other factors that could be leading to the issue (eg. theme, apps). Nevertheless, our Support team would be happy to take a closer look and assist you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center (https://bit.ly/2Vt7Et5) and log in to your account to create a support request. Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support