Product Reviews

Allow customers to leave product reviews on your store

Price: Free

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

Product Reviews by Shopify

MexicoMiAmor

Location Germany

I honestly wanted to believe, that the app for reviews by Shopify would be fine. When you just want reviews on your shop it's easy to use and works, but there I encountered two severe issues. 1st Schema.org data snippets are not provided correct. We use a Shopify OS 2.0 theme. We encountered a mix of incomplete schema data which leads to "warnings" at Google Shopping and Search Console. Even worse, when we uninstalled this app from our shop to give another app a try, it wiped all our metafields data, ALL does nail it, not just the reviews meta data, but also other data we used, which has nothing to do with reviews, plus it wiped the Google Shopping feed data (Categories, Codes, Prices per kg/l). This app should really get a major bug hunt and refresh, for us it caused a lot of work to restore our data. (because our backup app did not backup metafield data)

June 21, 2022

Thank you for writing your review and for detailing the issues you had with the Product Reviews app. I appreciate the frustration you'd have with the loss of feed data and issues with the scheme data provided by the app, and I will be sure to submit your comments to our app development team. -Victor, Shopify Support

Pampora Leather

Location Italy

Is not good for SEO. They don't provide author variable of an review - so that is bad for your schema. I tried to work on with them but with no sense. Looking for another app

June 10, 2022

Thank you for getting in touch and for writing your review, and I am sorry to hear that you've found the Product Reviews app to be incompatible with your store from an SEO perspective. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto our app development team for them to consider. -Victor, Shopify Support

ASAP Aquarium

Time spent using app Over 7 years

It doesn't work.
It used to, but now it doesn't.
Maybe Shopify will fix it, maybe not.... who knows.

June 9, 2022

Hey there, ASAP Aquarium. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review for Product Reviews.

We're sorry to hear that the application has seemingly stopped working for you, and we'd love to lend a hand to help resolve things. I suggest that you reach out to our Live Support Team using this link (https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA), so you can let us know what exactly is going on with the application, so we can lend a hand with resolving the issues. -Imogen, Shopify Support

She's Touch

I just want to say that whoever created this app could not create it well. There are not enough words on explaining how many days and tries I had just to upload a few reviews. Also, the installation is tremendously difficult because the line codes need to be put in a specific alignment and rows. I have installed multiple apps and worked with them, coding and editing and I have never encountered so many bugs. Even the Shopify Team had to try multiple times to fix the problem and reached to multiple technical assistants. Dissatisfied. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND. STAY AWAY FROM THIS AND DO NO WASTE YOUR TIME!

June 9, 2022

Hi, there. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review today, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with Product Reviews.

The installation process for the app is a bit more involved with having to directly add the code to a theme file, and we recognize that other similar applications have installation processes that skip doing this step manually. I'm also sorry to hear about these bugs you've mentioned, as well.

You mentioned you've been chatting with our Support Team, and I advise that you continue to do so if you experience continued issues with Product Reviews. The Support Team is equipped with the tools to help you troubleshoot the application in real-time, and are also able to document the bugs you've been experiencing so they be passed along to our Product Team. -Imogen, Shopify Support

Fonthill Media

Time spent using app Over 4 years

We have contacted Shopify since this is their app - the app is clearly bugged. It does not work. All other apps we have work perfectly OK and this is the one that keeps showing the 404 and this "Product Reviews needs access to cookies. This lets the app authenticate you by temporarily storing your personal information. Click continue and allow cookies to use the app." Absolutely insane!!! Shopify need to fix this!

June 9, 2022

Hey there, Fonthill Media. Thanks very much for taking the time to leave us a review, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing using Product Reviews currently.

It is true that Product Reviews requires cookies to be enabled on the browers you're using in order for it to load properly. It sounds like you've been speaking with our Live Support Team directly, which is great, as they're equipped with the tools and information to help you address this issue. Since the error message you're receiving is related to cookies, it's likely doublechecking your browser's cookie settings can help you resolve this. You can confirm that it's a cookies issue by using a different browser to login to your store, and access the application. You'll also want to make sure that you're not using an incognito window or a private browsing window to login to your Shop. The method used to enable cookies is different for all browsers. If you're using Google Chrome, you can try the following steps: (Chrome menu > settings > privacy and security > cookies and other site data).

Since it sounds like you've already been chatting with the team, if the above information doesn't help you, I advise that you continue to follow up with them so they can help guide you to a resoution. -Imogen, Shopify Support

The Coffee Project

Time spent using app Over 2 years

I've had an open ticket since May 3rd. Support has been friendly, but slow. I'll get an email asking me to click a link to see if that works, try it, reply still getting 404 error page. Next day, get a message telling me they have confirmed I have permission to view the page, try it again. Next day, please clear your cache and cookies and try this link. Clearly the link in the code is broken, or the app itself is broken.

June 8, 2022

Hi there, The Coffee Project. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review for Product Reviews.

I appreciate you providing everyone with the context surrounding your support ticket with us. Since you've already been communicating with the team, I strongly recommend that you continue speaking with them. The Live Team is able to authenticate you and your account, and is able to dive a lot deeper than what we can here on the Reviews Team.

If you're continuing to have issues with the app, even with the help that they've been providing, please stress that with the team and let them know that the issues are persisting. We all do our best to help, and I'm confident that our team will continue working with you until a solution is found for your issue. -Imogen, Shopify Support

Pravaah India

Location India
Time spent using app 7 minutes

The app is showing a 404 message and is not opening. I tried downloading it multiple times but nothing seems to be working

June 8, 2022

Hi there, Pravaah India. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, and we're sorry to hear about this 404 issue you've been experiencing with Product Reviews.

When looking into these 404 issues, they usually end up being the result of a cookies setting issue with the browser you're using to login to Shopify. Product Reviews requires cookies to be enabled in order for it to load as expected.

You can confirm that this is a cookies issue by using a different browser to login to your Shopify store, and to open the application. If you're using a private viewing or incognito browser, you'll need to stop using this type of window to login to your store, as this causes Product Reviews not to work, because these windows block cookies.

The method used to enable cookies is different for all browsers. If you're using Google Chrome, you can try the following steps: (Chrome menu > settings > privacy and security > cookies and other site data). The steps for checking your cookies settings for other browsers can also be found via a quick Google search.

If you go through the above steps and you continue to get the 404 errors, reach out to our live team using this link here: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA. This will allow us to get you authenticated to make sure that we can look into any additional errors. -Imogen, Shopify Support

The Foxes Curiosity Cabinet

Time spent using app About 1 year

Shows Error 404 code and nothing. Useless. It's been doing that for months now :( I cannot get it to work and I've had customers enquire about where to leave a review and this didn't do the job. Is it another case of only works in US/Canada and not compliant with UK, as this keeps happening. Shopify is an excellent website builder but this app is sadly a let down and causes hold ups, I'm now searching for a suitable review app that doesn't charge the earth, business owners dely on time saving professional services to help business flow. This is not one of those experiences sadly

June 8, 2022

Hey, there. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review for Product Reviews. I can let you know that this issn't a compliance issue based on your region of operation, and with that being said, I'm so sorry to hear that these issues have disrupted your business.

Investigating these 404 issues, they typically end up being the result of a cookies setting issue with the browser you're using to login to your Shopify store. Product Reviews requires cookies to be enabled in order for it to function and load as needed.

You can confirm that this is a cookies issue by using a different browser to login to your Shopify store, and to open the application. If you're using a private viewing or incognito browser, you'll need to not use this type of window to login to your store, as this will cause Product Reviews not to work, as these types of windows block cookies.

Degree Seven

Time spent using app Almost 2 years

404 Error. Can not access the app. Do you know what is going on? I read some of the other reviews and people seem to have the same issues (404)

June 8, 2022

Hi there, Degree Seven. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Product Reviews.

We have seen some users reporting this issue with 404 errors in a pretty large volume. Looking into these issues, they typically end up being the result of a cookies setting issue with the browser you're using to login to your Shopify store. Product Reviews requires cookies to be enabled in order for it to function and load as needed.

You can confirm this is a cookies issue by using a different browser to login to your store and to open Product Reviews. Additionally, if you're using a private viewing/incognito browser, you'll need to not use this type of window to login to your store, as this will cause Product Reviews not to work, as these types of windows block cookies from functioning.

The method used to enable cookies differs between browser. If you're using Google Chrome, you can try the following steps: (Chrome menu > settings > privacy and security > cookies and other site data). The steps for checking your cookies settings for other browsers can also be found via a quick Google search. If you go through the above steps and you continue to get the 404 errors, reach out to our live team using this link here: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA, as we'll need to authenticate your account to dig into any potential deeper issues. -Imogen, Shopify Support

momo books

Location Singapore
Time spent using app 7 minutes

Hello, I just installed the app, and when I try to open it, it gives me a 404 Error. Is this an issue with my Chrome browser?

May 13, 2022

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention! It is possible that the issue could be due to your Chrome browser, as the Product Reviews app requires storing cookies in order to work properly. In addition, you also can't use incognito/private windows as they prevent cookies from being stored. Can you double-check the cookies settings (Chrome menu > settings > privacy and security > cookies and other site data) on your browser and see if that helps resolve the problem?

If your browser has cookies enabled and the issue continues to persist, then it looks like we'll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify app store at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center (https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA) and log in to your account to create a support request. Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support