Product Reviews

Developer
Shopify
3.5
May 4, 2022

404 Error. Can not access the app. Do you know what is going on? I read some of the other reviews and people seem to have the same issues (404)

Degree Seven
Time spent using app: Almost 2 years
Shopify replied June 8, 2022

Hi there, Degree Seven. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Product Reviews.

We have seen some users reporting this issue with 404 errors in a pretty large volume. Looking into these issues, they typically end up being the result of a cookies setting issue with the browser you're using to login to your Shopify store. Product Reviews requires cookies to be enabled in order for it to function and load as needed.

You can confirm this is a cookies issue by using a different browser to login to your store and to open Product Reviews. Additionally, if you're using a private viewing/incognito browser, you'll need to not use this type of window to login to your store, as this will cause Product Reviews not to work, as these types of windows block cookies from functioning.

The method used to enable cookies differs between browser. If you're using Google Chrome, you can try the following steps: (Chrome menu > settings > privacy and security > cookies and other site data). The steps for checking your cookies settings for other browsers can also be found via a quick Google search. If you go through the above steps and you continue to get the 404 errors, reach out to our live team using this link here: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA, as we'll need to authenticate your account to dig into any potential deeper issues. -Imogen, Shopify Support

April 24, 2022

Hello, I just installed the app, and when I try to open it, it gives me a 404 Error. Is this an issue with my Chrome browser?

momo books
Singapore
Time spent using app: 7 minutes
Shopify replied May 13, 2022

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention! It is possible that the issue could be due to your Chrome browser, as the Product Reviews app requires storing cookies in order to work properly. In addition, you also can't use incognito/private windows as they prevent cookies from being stored. Can you double-check the cookies settings (Chrome menu > settings > privacy and security > cookies and other site data) on your browser and see if that helps resolve the problem?

If your browser has cookies enabled and the issue continues to persist, then it looks like we'll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify app store at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center (https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA) and log in to your account to create a support request. Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support

April 19, 2022

I keep getting a 404 error and have switched from chrome to safari and I have cleared my browser and this should be really easy but it is not. I NEED my reviews to work for my business.frustrating.

tamsretrocandles
Time spent using app: 6 months
Shopify replied May 13, 2022

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention! I've taken a look using Google Chrome, and I didn't have any luck replicating the 404 error on my end. However, I was able to find that some merchants are experiencing this issue due to the cookies settings or when using an incognito/private window. Can you double-check the cookies cookies in your browsers' settings (Chrome menu > settings > privacy and security > cookies and other site data) and see if that can help resolve this issue?

If your browser already has cookies enabled and the issue persists, then it looks like we'll need to access your account in order to resolve the issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify app store at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center (https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA) and log in to your account to create a support request. Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support

April 15, 2022

I tried using the app to install reviews for my products on my website. Unfortunately, I kept getting 404 messages and didn't want to find and install another review app. Hopefully, this issue will be fixed!

Laura's Crafted Collectibles
Time spent using app: About 1 month
Shopify replied May 6, 2022

Thank you for getting in touch and informing us that you're having this issue. This error can occur when the Product Reviews app doesn't have access to your browser's cookies; I'd recommend making sure that you're not accessing your store through a private or Incognito window, and that you have cookies enabled within your browser.

If you've checked this and the issue persists, please reach out to our support directly for further support: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA. -Victor

April 14, 2022

What happened?? Yesterday it worked fine, today it's not possible to open the app anymore - 404 Error???

Saltisept
Germany
Time spent using app: About 1 month
Shopify replied May 4, 2022

Hey, there. Thanks for leaving a review for us. I'm so sorry to hear about this 404 error you're facing. I took sometime to check out our incident log, and we appear to have no record of any outages that would have triggered this. There is a chance it could be something local, so I recommend trying a cache and cookies clear for your browser, and then seeing if you can load the application afterwards. If your issue persists, I recommend reaching out to our Live Team for some additional troubleshooting: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA. -Imogen, Shopify Support