Bold Upsell ‑ Upsell Smarter

Bold Upsell ‑ Upsell Smarter

by BOLD

Upsell and Cross-sell with Smart Funnels

Arts Stores

Doesn't meet my needs at this point. I may go back to it in the future.

Synek System

Pretty good at its simple function, but hard to design a beautiful popup window + reporting and dashboard interfaces are AWFUL. It's fairly easy for the service to pay for itself (if you're on the $9.99/mo plan), but is there a way to easily see total revenue generated because of the app (not just MTD)? No. I don't really care how many times something was added to the cart, I care about how many times it was *purchased.*

Samarreta

Good app, however the details in it are not great, like the design and our shop is in a different language and it takes a lot to change all words into another language

Hardtuned

The app is well coded, and looks quite clean on the front end.

Admit given our traffic though we will burn through 1500 "views" in no time, and for USD$720 a year it's very overpriced given it's simplistic functionality and limited customization ability. (having to scroll up and down on mobile as well as side to side for different products etc. could do with a little more polish on the mobile side)

Dapprlifestyle

Needs WAY more options and customize, such as being able to choose an entire collection as an upsell and rotate items, instead of having to choose every single product manually, and only getting 3 options. Why am I limited to 27 characters for title? Really dumb!! And I want to enter HTML so I can insert a simple LINEBREAK But I cannot. Looks elementary.

Also, Pricing is expensive, why do I need to pay monthly for a 1-off script? $720 per year. Plus if I want to really use this, gotta buy the $15/month 'discount app' on top of this.

Dishmaster Faucet

This was a great app until the recent revision. You can display ONLY 3 upsell products. Even if you upsell a collection of 5 or combine two upsells of 3 it will still only show the customer 3 products that are chosen at random. If you need the customer to see more than 3 products, stay away from this app.
Update..... Changed 1 star to 3 stars. We've had to add Product Options app to go along with Product Upsell to accomplish what we were doing with only Upsell before. Additional monthly fee. Still think Bold should have been more open with us before 'fixing' our Upsell. However, they did a free install and 4 months no fee.

Duck In A Tub Bath And Body

Tried it for a while. Really enjoyed the app. But... had to uninstall.

Here is the reason (by the way the app works great):

It just doesn't work with my theme. My theme comes with, certain options, when people add the items to the cart, they can still stay on the same page. With this app, it didn't work. I know there are ways around this problem, by adding ajax to the add to cart button, and etc... Or there are some apps do the job, but, it is not the same and doesn't look good when there is a banner at the bottom.

If this app works with, my theme in the future, without changing my cart option , then i will be installing again. It might be a good idea to work on this issue, because, when our customers don't stay on the page after adding the items to the cart, there is no point of upselling our products. They get frustrated, and either abandon the cart, or leave the site. Something to think about.

Doggietrek

Good app. I had to pay $25 just to have them install to shopify, which is not included with the free trial. It would be nice if the monthly price included this installation. But in the long run, it can be worth it. I wish the upsell offer window was easier to customize to better match my store's theme, as well as more flexible when it comes to adding titles to certain offers (only 24 characters allowed).

Great customer support. I was helped by Dan, and he was quick to respond, as well as very helpful and courteous.

This app can be very beneficial to any online store. The layout of the program can use a little updating, as well as the design of the upsell window, but overall a very good service.

Girlactik

Love the app but shutting it down because we needed to upgrade the plan is unprofessional. You gave our customers a very bad experience while we have Motivator running then the Upsell piece was disabled by Bold and does not show. We should have received an alert way in advance.

Instant Teas

seems to be a solid app but it could not trigger what I needed so I had to uninstall. Trigger at checkout does not allow for a cart /price meaning bulk discount cannot be applied.