Bold Upsell ‑ True upsells!

Bold Upsell ‑ True upsells!

From $9.99/month. 14-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (4.6)
Developer
4.6
Edited September 4, 2020

i really dont know why people bother with this app as its not a true upsell app, its more a frequently bought together or recommendations app. it doesnt create discounts for the upsell which is the whole point of upselling is to give a discount so they buy. when i did test it it also didnt work, i wouldnt spend money at all on this app as there are much cheaper apps that do what this does but in a more simpler and better way.

Fuchusi
Time spent using app: 13 minutes
August 19, 2020

Customer service on this app is among the worst I've seen. I was charged $90 upon install and 20 minutes later I was asking for a refund because in a blog post it was advertised this app does Post Purchase Upsell when in fact, it did not. That's another app. I requested a refund and customer service made me run through hoops and hoops for a simple refund/reversal for a charge 20 minutes ago. They want a bill number which has not been generated yet. I'm unable to understand why it's so difficult to refund someone who hasn't even used your app for an hour. I have contacted Shopify Support who also said it's not possible to provide a billing number as the invoice was not paid yet. They requested I delete this app and they would contact the developer directly to get this resolved. I will edit my review upon further updates.

The Rest Is Still Unwritten
Time spent using app: Almost 2 years
Edited August 10, 2020

Please don't get involved with Bold. I have no choice because I have a custom business that I started over 7 years ago and Product Options was the only customizer available at the time. They have yet to get this Upsell/Discount to work, and every time I make contact with them it's a different answer. I have no idea right now what's going on with my site. And it's not likely I'm going to get an answer. Avoid them. UPDATE - after hours with support, they were unable to get the apps to work for even the simplest of discounts with customization. AVOID THEM.

Zelda's Song
Time spent using app: About 2 months
June 28, 2020

Low-level software not working, will take you a few hr in youtube to figure it's not what they show you

Pure Product Australia
Time spent using app: About 1 hour
Edited June 2, 2020

NOT WORKING :((
Both bundles and Upsell apps are not working and after weeks its still not solved. I feel like ive waisted precious time and money i should i have gained with other apps.
Very unhappy customer

HO KARAN
France
Time spent using app: 3 months
May 4, 2020

Doesn't work. Will assuredly break your store and you will lose customers after installing this app, just like we did.

bighammerwines.com
Time spent using app: About 3 years
April 30, 2020

This app is so dumb! Probably a first grade wrote this app. The list of collections has limitations on how many it can show so if you have lots of collections, you can forget about picking. The list stopped somewhere in the middle of the B's collection...have long ways to go! Support told me that they will put in a request for future enhancements. Are you kidding me??? Future enhancements when the app is broken?? OMG!!!

Couture Look
Time spent using app: 3 months
Edited March 20, 2020

Terrible experience. Bloated slow code. Page load time went from under 1 sec to 10 secs. Also stops add to cart from working. Should work out of the box as it's just the Simple Theme.

Squirrp
Time spent using app: 8 minutes
March 11, 2020

****ing app disabled my cart page. I didn't know until a week after when a customer asked me why products added to his cart wasn't showing up on the cart page. I thought it was a facebook tracking issue. I wasted a lot of money because of this app.

VVS Jewelry
Time spent using app: 8 days
February 18, 2020

This app makes your page go from 3 seconds to loading speed to 19 seconds. Horrible, make sure that you duplicate your theme before trying the app.

Bunnylifter