Bold Upsell ‑ Upsell Smarter

Bold Upsell ‑ Upsell Smarter

by BOLD

Product Upsell, Cross-sell & Smart Upsells to make more money

Labohome

The idea of the app is nice, I have another one installed so I thought I try this one, but it looks so bad on mobile :( Wish you could edit it to fit mobile devices, I would like to keep this app because of it's features, but because most of my traffic is from mobile phone then this won't work

Backyard Bird Centre

This product is fine once your offers are setup, but for a relatively simple app the process involved in setting up those offers is painful.

Evivo

The Bold Upsell app is powerful and relatively user friendly, however, the description, "Product Upsell app allows you to create Upsell and Cross-sell offers that display relevant add-on, or upgrade, products at the point of adding a product to the cart, the click of the checkout button, or even AFTER the customer has made their purchase", is misleading. *Upsells* work on the Product Page ONLY. Unfortunately, this app does not enable Upsells on the Cart page or after the customer has made their purchase.

Brands4all

Support personnel excellent-tried several upsells and they worked at will -showing correct upsells one day and another the other day -maybe i was doing something wrong which i was not able to find out

Ondmd

Set everything up and it was working fine, then after a few abandoned checkouts I find the upsell box isn't displaying the upsells I set up, just random items from the store.

Delightful Luxury

Well, it works as expected, but after installing and configuring, I've been surprised to find that the application is quite anesthetized, as it does not give a discount after pairing the products. Then I saw that this feature can be turned on when I buy another application for $100 a month. Such a bullshit! Anyway, I found a free app that adds great work after the discount products are added to the cart: Upsell Bundles (Free) This app works well together this Product Upsell. My hope is that we are living in a consumer based society, but that's a tremendous drain and misleading! I do not like these types of sellers. What is a bundle upsell with no discount offered? This application has no value in itself, it is simply paired two products, no more.

Monstersteel

The initial code installation is very hard if you don't know any liquid coding so prepare to pay for the installation as well. (Which I don't think should be paid). If I'm paying per month to use the app, the company should install it for Free.

So far what bugs me the most is that the basic level doesn't really provide any reporting so for these reasons I rate this as a two star app.

One star goes to customer services and the other for usability.

We still use the app but most likely will switch if we see some other app with all features included.

Mommymakeup

I used Bold Product Upsell for about a year. Every day that it was installed, I was hoping they would either fix the defects, or something better would come along.

This upsell app has countless "leaks" - that is, if customer adds an item to cart, there should be two choices once the upsell is offered: a) YES - add-to-cart; b) No Thanks.

None of this "continue". And the redirect at ATC should be to the place determined by the theme. Upsell just sits there. When asked, Bold replied, "our customers want it this way..." No excuse for mediocre UX.

Others have mentioned how this app does not play nicely with the Facebook pixel, especially if you use a professional solution such as Pixel Perfect. Watching the developer of Pixel Perfect and Bold support battle each other gave me a very bad taste about Bold's company culture. Pixel Perfect kept bending over backward, but Bold was not interested. Eventually, Pixel perfect simply coded around Bold without assistance.

Then there was the absurdity of how this app bills for "views" and it SHUTS ITSELF OFF if your traffic exceeds your visitor estimate. Seriously. Every other app in the universe that bills based on usage will measure the usage, then you pay. No -- Bold Upsell is the only kid in the parade in-step. The fact that the app just shuts itself off is reckless. The fact that Bold management thinks this is OK says the company culture is messed up.

I tried every other upsell app on the market -- I want an upsell at add-to-cart, and I want the yes, upsell to add to cart and redirect to where the store goes ay ATC (/cart) -- and the No Thanks to simply bring us to wherever the redirect would have ben for initial ATC. Which for my store is the cart. I tried them all, and none are ready fro production.

After a year with bold on 4 apps (fortunately all removed except for product discount), I will be certain to avoid. This developer preys on inexperienced stores. Don't be fooled.

PS -- I found the better mousetrap.

Chokeshopify

The app conflicts with Google Analytics and other checkout apps such as Pixel Perfect (Facebook Feed). So your Add to Cart upsell popups will only show for a second and then disappear without any user input.

I've just spoken to support and that was their explanation for why my ATC offers were not showing properly. They said I'd have to uninstall the others in order to use Bold Upsell ATC. So I have to uninstall GA? Really???

I've now uninstalled the app and am looking for something that doesn't conflict with other crucial apps such as GA.

Checkout upsells work as expected though. But please note that if you go over the max view limit for your plan, the offers will stop showing automatically and you won't be notified about it. Why not send an automatic email to shop owner? Why not give the option to bump up to the next plan to keep the offers showing?

Very disappointed overall.

Kindlecentre

Not recommended.

Issues: - Expensive ($708/year). - Adds 33kB of Javascript to your site, as much as the entire jQuery library. - DOESN'T WORK WITH AJAX carts if you want it to be triggered on checkout, it only works on "add to cart". - bad documentation!

Cons: - easy to install and setup - works great if you don't use ajax carts - nice reports

Previous 1