Promio ‑ WhatsApp Discount

Promio ‑ WhatsApp Discount

by LAUNCHTIP

WhatsApp Share Viral Influencer Marketing + Facebook & More

AffinityBands

This is a good app, and the only app on shopify right now that does what it does. The only thing it doesn't do is keep track if the person actually shares it before giving the discount code. It will give code just by clicking the link to share, but they don't have to share it on their social for the coupon. Will get this when they do that. Other wise, good simple app

Rockstar Leatherworks™

Didn't even pass the test phase. Once I got it set up to test, I clicked the link to open the social media share window, and I didn't even need to share the product. I just closed the pop up and it gave me the coupon code just for opening the pop up. Deleted immediately.....

-------
REPLY TO DEVELOPERS REPLY....

Its not a hasty delete when the app doesn’t function as intended. It gives the user the coupon code without even requiring them to share the product on social media. SHARING THE PRODUCT IS THE ENTIRE POINT of trying the app. I didn’t even have to login to my social account. I closed the pop up without even logging in and bang, the code appeared. Maybe you should make the app work correctly instead of providing excuses and metrics. I agree, the fact that they still get a code is helpful to the customer and could make a sale, but I already have a discount code offer that works for that purpose. YOUR APP is advertised to get the product shared and increase visibility on social media gathering other potential customers, not just give out a code. This wasn’t a hasty delete. It was a necessary delete. Yes to give you credit, you did provide support as most would expect from a developer when trying a new app.

UPDATE:
I wasn't searching for the limitation by any means, it was obvious. I just closed the pop up and then the code appeared and that's how I realized that the issue. I would question the 98% metric, since I stumbled upon and exposed the issue upon my first test. I would expect it would occur for users as well. Bottom line.... it doesn't work as it should.

UPDATE:
I'm updating this as I don't want to be hugely damaging to the devs reputation. I'll update this to 3 stars. I mean the app will do what it says it just doesn't MAKE the user share a product on social media. I accidentally found the loophole upon my first use and have to imagine a lot of users would as well. From my experience if a user doesn't HAVE to do something, they won't, but thats just my opinion. I think the devs are attentive and would provide needed support.

July 2, 2019

We offered FREE setup and support to this merchant. This is what is damaging to the Shopify App Ecosystem. If the merchant had checked the documentation, they would have discovered the limitations in some instances. For over 98% of store traffic, the customers don't try to game the system, they simply share and unlock. Either way, setting it with say a 10% discount code will give you a great first time customer acquisition even if they are not the 98% that will share your store to their social network (Yes, you can limit the code to new customers only). Another "hasty" delete and 1 star review in the App Store.

Update:

Again, 98% of the time it does. Actively seeking for the limitation will expose it. Thankfully, 98% (will say it one more time) 98% of visiting traffic doesn't do this, they utilise the app in its intended purpose because they aren't a merchant testing it, they simply want the discount and will share it. Point missed again but oh well! An exhaled sigh and a move on from this one.