Promo.com ‑ Promo Video Maker

Create professional product videos in minutes!

Price: Free

• Speed tested: no impact to your online store

kwini-things

Location Netherlands
Time spent using app 1 day

Used this app to make 2 videos so far. First one went ok - pity we can't publish to TikTok though, but hey it's free. Next video was saved, but didn't appear in saved videos and couldn't be published (stayed on 99% for 10 minutes with nothing happening). Looking at the page source, some of those variable names are completely weird and misspelt (not a problem in itself, but if you ask the next person to write oncomplete - a variable used in the video - they might not write it like it is in the script - music onCopmlete - fadeout) so it might be that shoddy programming is the cause. Pity, app seems to be quite good otherwise

The Knickknack Shack by Darthside LLC

Time spent using app About 1 month

I decided to give them another chance, and it's a lot better than my previous experience. Still not as many templates available compared to other apps I've used, but I'm hoping this will improve in the future.

Image and wear It

Location Nigeria

Am starting. Hope after a week I can come here for my review. That is asking a review without testing an app before

Aloriam

Time spent using app About 7 hours

Promo is a very easy app to use, so I definitely give it a thumbs up for having virtually no learning curve. The reason for my 3 star rating however is that there are severe limitations to its functions. Here's my take:
-- the character limit is too short
-- does not allow user to add more text lines -- does not allow user to change text location or text size
-- does not allow user to add more photos to feature more products (most of the templates only allow 2 or 3 photos - why so few?)
-- does not allow resizing of video
-- does not allow download of video (a dealbreaker for me because I couldn't get my Instagram to connect to this app, so the only way for me to post it is if I can download the video and then manually post it)
-- does not support posting to Pinterest
-- very limited selection of templates ------------ Overall, I think the developers have a good idea here. The templates have a polished feel and the paired music is good. It makes content creation relatively painless from existing photos in your Shopify store. I hope they will make more improvements to allow users a greater degree of flexibility in editing text, adding text, resizing and downloading video, and making longer videos to feature more products.

August 29, 2021

Hi Aloriam,
Thank you for this detailed review. Reviews like these are exactly what helps us make Promo better!
Our Shopify app was created with simplicity and speed in mind, to help Shopify store owners quickly and effortlessly create as many videos they need. While we are constantly improving our app, we try to keep it simple and straightforward.
For users who require the advanced features and options you mentioned, we offer a fully-featured video maker at https://promo.com, with everything on our Shopify app and much, much more.
We are looking into the Instagram issue you mentioned - thank you for reporting it!
Team Promo

Ambosstore

Location Chile

IT'S COOL. HAGO MI VIDEO EN UNOS MINOTOS, LO RECOMENDO . MUY FACIL A USAR Y COMPARTIR EN LAS REDES SOCIALES

May 25, 2021

¡Gracias por la reseña! Háganos saber qué la convertirá en una revisión de 5 estrellas :)
¡Suerte con tu negocio!

Superior Boutique

Time spent using app About 19 hours

I tried the app out and appreciate that's it's free; however, I understand why. The limitations are not great especially considering that I can't fully enter my store's web address. Why have character limits for the most important aspect of the business?

March 17, 2021

Hi there,
Thanks so much for the feedback.
Yes, we do limit the number of characters but for a reason. We're using a technology that allows you to make an adjustment (such as color, text) that will always correlate with the animation. Removing this limitation can cause a serious change in the output of the video, such as a very small website address, that will be hard to read.
I suggest using a URL shortener tool such as bit.ly, that not only gives you the option to cut down the characters, but also provides data on clicks.

Feel free to contact our support at support@promo.com for any needed assistance.

All the best and good luck with your business!
Team Promo

Atelier 8th

Location Turkey
Time spent using app Over 1 year

I wish I could have access option to my camera roll for some more pictures..Also sound volume to adjust

Destiny MC Store

Location Nigeria

Beautiful app, will recommend it to anyone who is looking for videos to promote their store. I couldn’t believe it. Though there is room for improvement if you can introduce multiple product selection instead of one product.

Millennium Nova

The Videos are decent but the app wont allow me to upload them to my social sites correctly. also not much of a music selection. You cant use more than one item for the video which sucks. Overall decent for a free app

RPP Outdoor Apparel

Time spent using app 20 minutes

I just downloaded it as well and it stops at the 99% download. Great video production just need the downloads to work.

Previous 1 3