PUT IT ON LAY‑BUY

PUT IT ON LAY‑BUY

by Lay-Buy Financial Solutions Pty Ltd

Your online Layaway gateway solution

Simplee Direct

I have had this app on my store for over a couple of years now, and yes it does work. The set up is easy and works well. A customer of mine find it easy to use and worked well for her situation. certainly cant fault it

Pretty Classy Southern Boutique

Not sure how to rate this just yet because we haven't been able to see how it works or if it does? Why do my customers keep getting the reject order? Please help to get this resolved. Thanks.

September 14, 2020

I replied to your email within 3 hours, advising that you have an incorrect setting for the gateway.

Buri LLC

Great Tech Suppport. Laybuy popup add looks kinda sketchy in my opinion. It is a great option though.

August 11, 2020

Hi, you had an incorrect setting and is now fixed. Thanks, Warrin

Silicone Lovers Sex Dolls UK

Not sure what the bad reviews are all about... This is a fantastic app and the support is extremely quick and efficient.

Fantasy Art Trading

Amazing app and developer. We have many customers using this app allowing them to purchase our goods and pay off their order over 6 months. This has enabled us to reach customers that have previously abandoned their carts due to financial insecurity and lower income families that rather pay over a certain amount of time.
The customer service is over and beyond and Warrin always answers our questions within a few minutes of emailing him during business hours and first thing the next morning outside of these hours. Always friendly and helpful helping me understand the app and its abilities without any jargon that most people wouldn't understand.
Highly recommend people to install this app as it will help you grow your business and allow payments from those that you may be losing.

The Design Part

Honnestly, this app should get a serious review of the Shopify app store...

The first red flag for me was that the copyright on their user-interface says 2014... I mean, in how far should you trust a payment gateway system that hasn't updated their copyright since 2014, or even taken the time to add the necessary code that shows the current year? (What about GDP regulations of 2019?)

I installed the app and honestly was very skeptical from the start: there are countless grammar errors on the user-facing side of the app, the whole user experience doesn't make any sense, as it displays different installation processed in different places + it seems like there are no actual fixed names for any of the functionalities. I believe that this app was written by a single person, which also leaves me a little worried.

I then contacted support, which I believe wrote the app (Warrin), he didn't address the issue that I mentioned in my message but instead asked me to "Then finally do a copy of your PayPal credentials into your dashboard, per steps below". Strangely enough, the app doesn't have any inputs for these Paypal credentials, which I also mentioned in my message, but he didn't address the issue.

Then, what I found very strange, is that the app and he specifically ask you for the Paypal credentials. (Email address + Password + Signature). * This is against Paypal's terms.

Anyway, I now deleted the app from the store, and I believe that Shopify should seriously review this, and I believe that the developer should make sure to update the app, remove the bugs, have a clear user experience (not use different terms in different places), and review its functionality to ensure it's actual operations are legal.

I wouldn't waste my time downloading, as the actual app simply doesn't even work...

February 10, 2020

Hi Max,

I saw your rating for our App.
I will review with my development team in our weekly meeting this week.
Please see my comments below in response to your points:

“”user-interface says 2014... I mean, in how far should you trust a payment gateway system that hasn't updated their copyright since 2014, or even taken the time to add the necessary code that shows the current year? (What about GDP regulations of 2019?)””

This is a fair point and we need to update our 2014 text. We did update our privacy and other regulations to adhere to GDP in 2019. We will have this updated this/next next week.

“”grammar errors on the user-facing side of the app, the whole user experience doesn't make any sense, as it displays different installation processed in different places + it seems like there are no actual fixed names for any of the functionalities.””

We will check for these grammar errors.
Don’t really understand your other comment

“”I believe that this app was written by a single person, which also leaves me a little worried.“”

No, a team of 1 designer, 2 developers. Behind the App is a payment gateway with in/out APIs that communicate with PayPal. So also a PayPal developer.

“”Now, the actual installation doesn't actually work... The "install embedded app", which I believe should either take you to an app that would create an embed on the front end of the website or install the code for it, simply redirects you to the first page of the app.””

You state that you believe an install of embedded app will either take you to an app that would create an embed on the front end of the website or install the code for it. Our App does not function this way. The App only performs reporting functionality and resides within a merchant store’s backend admin, for their payments tracking for all lay-buy orders.

“”The app doesn't have any inputs for these Paypal credentials””

The App doesn’t have a tab or input section for PayPal credentials because the App only performs reporting functionality. Our gateway and APIs, webhooks communicate with PayPal’s APIs (seven PayPal APIs)

“”A third-party app that functions with Paypal, should make use of the technology using API keys or webhooks, and never ask a user for the account email or password directly.””

As stated above, the App performs only a payments reporting function. We do not ask merchants for their PayPal email and password - as a third party gateway partner, we ask merchants for their three credentials in order for us to match the recurring payment transactions to their profile for payments to be paid directly into their PayPal accounts. We are a global PayPal partner with our gateway and APIs, webhooks communicating with PayPal’s APIs (seven PayPal APIs). This partnership includes PayPal tracking all global payments, we pass for their processing.

Thanks
Warrin

Warrin Van Deventer
Chief Executive
Lay-Buy Financial Solutions Pty Ltd

Lilly and Mimi Fabric Shop

edited! I gave * only when I tried to set up this app. It wasn't working at all and I was really disappointed. I have contacted shopify support team and they forward the issue to Lay-Buy who found the issue and now my customers happily can use this app. Thanks for the help.

August 26, 2019

Your account has since been activated, and a multiple lay-buy orders have been placed in your store.
Please update this rating.

Growplay Monkey Bars

We have have been using Lay by for a little while on our store. Granted our product is $2000 AUD but it has enabled people that would not usually be able to afford our product an option to buy one. Offering them a 6 month payment plan leading up to christmas. It takes all the management time out of keeping track of laybys. Best value for money app we have working for us.

Kimmy Snabric

BEWARE! If you uninstall this app, it still shows on your website and people will continue being able to use it!! I just found that out the hard way. Erg!

Also, there is no way to set a minimum order amount. If a customer buys a $1 product, they can put it only Lay-Buy. Crazy! :-( I would have kept the app if there was a way to set a minimum order amount. It really messes the flow of things up when I have a bunch of $1-$5 orders pending.

March 15, 2019

Merchant also needs to deactivate the gateway.
Rather obvious!

MAYL Wear

Update: The issue has been solved. The problem was that the client had a wrong credit card linked to his PayPal account so from the side of PayPal there was not founds to create two months plan. I'm still waiting for the answer from PayPal to see what they have to say. I installed the app again in my shop.

Issue: The app is not registering the orders in Shopify and also in PayPal, my client got fully charged for the entire order instead of 50/50. I installed as in your guides but I got the first transaction today and complain from the client so I just don't want to use it. If that will help you can write to me on my email piotr@maylwear.com that was my membership number 873682

March 5, 2019

Hi
I don’t see a lay-buy merchant a/c for you.
Please advise your lay-buy membership ID, and we will look at your setup.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7