PUT IT ON LAY‑BUY

Your online Layaway gateway solution

Price: Free

Cogignition

Time spent using app Over 1 year

Brilliant app for if you sell high ticket products, opening doors for more types of customer

Onekid 2

Time spent using app Over 3 years

I am loving this app, been using it for 3 years now. Gives my customers a good option to laybuy until fully paid. Great for my cash flow too. Highly recommend!
Customer service is also fantastic Warrin is always ready to help when I have questions or when a customer wants to change their payment plan.

Dans Custom Portraits

Time spent using app Almost 2 years

Not sure why some of the negative reviews below. I've managed to install and create this as a payment alternative in Shopify settings easy enough.

Can't comment much on the sales side of this app as my shop has only just gone live. I've tested the processing of an order and it all seemed alright.

I'm drawn to this type of payment system because of my business type it works much like an artist commisions that require a deposit to start and remaining balance paid on completion.

I'm giving these guys ago because of my target market (Australians) are addicted to lay-buys & those other get now and pay later systems and this gives those people another option.

Not to be rude towards Lay-buys but I think you need to hire a graphic/web designer to improve your brand identity and the user interface as it looks a bit dated. Fixing this will build confidence in those who wish to use your payment option and give shop owners a better hook when selling your payment option to customers.

Besides that, this app deserves more attention as it is a great concept and shops would benefit from using it.

Marcies Vintage Toys Crafts And More

a great asset to my shopify store!

Rebeccacordingley

Time spent using app About 1 year

This is a great app. Easy to set up and works well. I contacted them with a question about a transaction and received a response within half an hour.

True Talon

Time spent using app About 11 hours

This seems to be a very under rated and FREE app.

The basic setup is actually pretty easy. Set up an account with Put it On Lay-Buy.

On the Put it On Lay-Buy website -

Enter in the PayPal API details - 3 items.

Install the Payment method into Shopify (sticks it into the list of Third Party Payment methods)

Install the App into Shopify.

Then jump over to Shopify and select Put It On Lay-Buy from the Third Party Payment methods.

Enter in your sign up email and the account code they give you.

Literally ten minutes after setting this up we had a Lay-By sale. We did put up a banner on our website advertising it.

The sale went through fine - we received the deposit and the App in Shopify shows the sale details.

The buttons could do with a bit of modernization like a previous reviewer said.

We are very pleased with this app. Solid effort !!!

Pureheartsinternational

Location Philippines

This app is a DIAMOND in the ROUGH! It's simply astounding that currently it has only 39 reviews. But I know why.

Shallow people judge things on the basis of appearance, mostly. They just don't have the knowledge or the sophistication to really determine substance. They oftentimes fail for form that doesn't have function.

Lay-Buy currently has function but lacks somewhat in form. If and when it develops form as well (gets a graphics guy to spruce up the looks of the app a bit and hires a technical writer to clean up a little bit of the clumsiness in the simple but could be a little clearer and better organized onboarding instructions), one day people are going to come over here and find that this app has 1000+ positive reviews because IT IS THAT GOOD!

I have 3 Shopify stores at https://www.PureHeartsInternational.com and https://www.MyForbiddenLeads.com and at https://www.Elohim.Church and I'm not only using Lay-Buys, I'm building much of the way I do business around it because I like it so much. It's closely integrated with PayPal Express Checkout and passes the installment payment cost to the customer in the paltry 1.9% admin fee and that really makes it unusual and special compared to most if not all of the other recurring subscription/membership apps that are addicted to Stripe and usually overlook my favorite, PayPal.

I was planning on making this an initial SHORT praise of Lay-Buys but it's like Lays Potato Chips, you can NOT STOP once you start! I could praise Lay-Buys all day and as I continue to develop experience with them, don't be surprised if I do. This first section was written on February 5, 2018 from my https://www.PureHeartsInternational.com Shopify store.

Warrin is great, too. Answered every single one of my emails promptly and thoroughly before I let him really know what a huge fan I am.

I've been pushing every time I'm in chat with them the Shopify Gurus to push Lay-Buys. I can't imagine any kind of Shopify merchant that wouldn't hugely benefit with this app in their store. It's really the biggest no brainer I think there is in the entire Shopify app store. If I could give it 100 stars and 100 different store testimonials I would. :)

Constantcashcollection

Time spent using app 2 minutes

Lay-Buys is better than SLICED BREAD! :)

Elohim Church

Location Philippines

I don't care WHAT you sell thru Shopify, EVERY Shopify merchant should have LAY-BUYS available to their customers at their stores! TOTAL NO BRAINER!!!

Annual Store

Time spent using app Almost 2 years

Excellent app that has allowed customers to invest in my products, providing an affordable payment plan that is simple and easy to use. The support is fantastic and response is always within 24 hours. I would definitely recommend!