Bold Quantity Breaks

Bold Quantity Breaks

by BOLD

Quantity Breaks, Tiered Pricing and Bulk Discounts for Shopify

Security Fire Equipment

Great app. It is lacking something very crucial - a pause all quantity breaks function. We had 99 quantity breaks (individual tiered pricing for a client), we had to re-import the products and QB requires you to pause a QB for products being edited (a little annoying but understandable with Shopify's code).

When we paused it, the page reloaded with each QB that we turned off. Very annoying!

Other than that, the app worked great on the front end for the user.

Finally, support is killer! We have had a wonderful experience with their support team thus far.

Molive Storage Solutions

Overall, I was satisfied with their services. The customer service was quick to respond and they seemed to know what they were talking about. The installation of the application I purchased was fairly quick (they don't install over weekends so plan in advance). The app does what it is supposed to do and despite some small hiccups with installation, it seems to work fine with my website. Always read their app descriptions well because not all shopify themes and third party apps are compatible with the Bold Apps.
The reason I took away one star is that it did take two weeks and a lot of switching between three different apps until I got the type of discount/upsell app that I actually wanted. Once again, read very carefully their descriptions of the apps and watch the videos before you make up your mind and make a purchase.
As, I said, overall, good company with good product with good customer service for shopify users.
www.moliveracks.com

Memeologies

This app was very easy to install and use but did require a $25 theme customization. However, it is NOT compatible with Teelaunch so if you use Teelaunch do not get it. The problem is that it creates a variant for each new price point and Teelaunch has no record of the variant so can't process the order. Creating a variant for each price point also has the potential of exceeding Shopify's 100 variant limit especially for apparel. If you have an article with 5 sizes and 6 colors (30 variants) you could create a 3 tier price break (90 variants) but a 4 tier price break (120 variants). Note, though that the extra variants created are not visible to the shopper.

Were it not for the Teelaunch incompatibility I would still be using this app.

Memorycross

We had it installed and just started using it so I can't speak to whether it will help sales but I found it easy to use. We wee able to put quantity breaks on a number of items in minutes.

Only negative I've found is we had a few that the original price was incorrect so when I changed it I had to manually go back and change each quantity break.

Chiacharge

Was set up for me by me shopify wizard, however it seems to slow down the basket calculations , to be fair this moight be a shopify and or banwith option. I was surprised this wasn't a standard feature of shopift TBH.

Western Rise

App was installed quickly and was able to bundle the items and collections we were looking for. Saved us a lot of time with automatic scheduling! Great support team as well.

Sweets By Jubilee Favors

It does what it says it will do however, most of my customers come from Pinterest. This app doesn't work with Pinterest so they recognize the quantity break as an invalid option so now my products no longer show on Pinterest. Bold's solution is to creat two duplicate items, one with quantity breaks for the online store and another for Pinterest only. :-(

Style N Craft

Nice app. Had a bundle app earlier. Switched to Quantity Breaks app. I find this to be more diverse and suitable to my store. The customer gets a discount automatically on adding more than 1 piece of any product.

The only thing I have an issue with is that a customer can still use a coupon after getting the quantity break discount. That is ok if the store wants to give that additional discount but there is no way to control that. I hope they can do something about that.

I am updating my review after 2 years of using this app. This has really worked for my store and helped increase my sales as I have been able to give real value to the customers and they are able to see upfront how much they are able to save. As I am updating my theme, I asked the team at Bold if the app needed to be re-installed and the liquid code needed to be switched over to the new updated theme. They told me that it was required and they did it in about 20 minutes after I requested them to do so on the theme I am going to be publishing either later today or tomorrow. Pretty quick and a seamless process. Thank you to Kyle, Grace, Nupur and Brenda (the specialist who quickly added the required code to the updated theme)

Robertowen

It does the job and it's definitely increased sales and order size. There's a little bit of work to install it but once it's done it's done. 5 stars for functionality but 4 stars for monthly cost.

Mythingz

It's probably a great app but the customer support stinks. If you've got an urgent requirement and time's critical (as in my case), don't trust the support guys to attend to you any time soon! I've emailed them several times since they installed the app. They didn't test it properly and haven't followed up since. Quite shocking and extremely disappointing.

UPDATE: Support finally got in touch and implemented a nice custom version of their code to suit what I require. However, if you add products and immediately checkout without returning to cart, the bulk prices don't auto update which will upset customers and affect my abandoned cart rate.