Bold Quantity Breaks

Bold Quantity Breaks

by BOLD

Quantity Breaks, Tiered Pricing and Bulk Discounts for Shopify

Linas Unique Home

You have to enter too many coding that create errors in the product. This app is for professional coder.

Dubai2cool

Great idea with the possibility to generate more sales. However there was not sufficient warning that this doesn't work with oberlo. This meant the orders were not syncing and could be ordered. This created unnecessary additional work :( . If you are dropshipping with oberlo then wait for the updated version to come out so its compatible.

Believe In Love

If i had a minus star to give, i would give it.
the only thing Quantity break breaks, is your brain.
making tons of variants to every product you choose to use it on (in my case - the whole store)

then every time u wanna make a price change - its a hell.
every time u add a product, u need to refresh it on the app.

when you try to uninstall it - according to their own directions - it would leave the variants on your store, making you deleting them manually. WHAT A HELL OF AN APP.

There are apps that does what they do in a much more elegant way,
I was expecting bold developers for so much more that this piece of #@$!.

their support answer usually after 2-3 days.
and of course - they won't do the uninstall ...Their dude TIFF is a nice dude, but ... its not about him, its about this hell of an app.
do you self and your store a fav, and don't get next to this piece of head ache.

Vivafiesta

Create a variant of each product on witch you use the quantity break.

Exemple :

I have a product with 4 tiers price, it will create 4 variante of this product...

And when you uninstall the app... all the variante created by bold stay on your shop !

Have fun when deleting them manually !

Gearpacket

Non existent customer support. They send me automated emails asking to leave a review, but don't reply to my email when I tell them I'm having trouble installing the app.

Nudwear Us

The app itself, when it actually works is great, however it is prone to bugs that cause critical website issues.

1. Although they warn this, its hard to control, if you or your developer duplicates your theme without turning off all quantity breaks, all of your hidden variants will all of a sudden show on your live site, which as you can imagine is a nightmare and you then have to manually delete every one.

2. Anyone with an Ajax cart, the custom code seems to be fickle and while it works sometimes, it will all of a sudden stop working. This has happened to us multiple times which causes major confusion for customers since they will see the offer on the page, but it will then not be applied to their cart at checkout. We've had dozens of orders we then need to manually edit to apply the discount or free item.

MY BIGGEST ISSUE HOWEVER IS THE LACK OF SUPPORT AND SLOW TURNAROUND TIME. I have had the Ajax cart issue for 2 weeks now. It was supposedly resolved, which still took a good 3-4 days in turns of response, and a week later its again not working. A week has gone by and the support team is slow to respond and I still do not have a resolution to this matter.

I am now looking for alternatives as this is simply not sustainable.

Koolkitchentool Com

It did not work for Supply theme. I paid for installation to save some time, but I bought only disappointment and hours of additional work instead. I do not know if it is this app itself or installation problem, but a Shopify team told me that Bold made changes during the installations and it broke my variant selector. As a result all variants are disappeared. I could see the chart with quantity discounts, but there were no variants at all. I tried to delete a quantity record, but variant were still missing even you can see them in admin mode. So I wasted a lot of time to understand what is going on, to test different approaches. Customer service is very polite, but it took Bold a few days of trying to fix it with no success. Finally I asked to uninstall it. They did and sent a refund. That`s the story. I wish it worked for me.

Maven Club Store

They charge for installation, which is ridiculous, since I am already paying for the app LOL

Amario

Not working. Installed it on my store but it is not appearing on the front end.
Please help resolve this. I requested this almost 2 weeks ago and paid for development as well.

Frostyoven

If you are interested in wasting 1.5 hours installing an app you have to pay monthly for only to find it actually doesn't work AND duplicates ALL of your variants for the quantities you previously entered, this app is for you. Screwed up my entire store and I now have to stop all my ads, and spend my Saturday fixing it. PERFECT!