Bold Quantity Breaks

Bold Quantity Breaks

by BOLD

Quantity Breaks, Tiered Pricing and Bulk Discounts for Shopify

Viking Industrial Products Ltd

BOLD decided to change their Quantity Break App and it knocked out all our on line quantity breaks, effected the sales on our web site and cost us a great deal of time and money to put right. They did this without any warning and without any appetite to put the situation right. I would never use BOLD again they are incredibly unprofessional.

Hand Lettered Design LLC

Had to uninstall it because it kept emptying people's carts. Raised the issue multiple times with support and was told to rely on a manual sync as a fix but the issue kept re-occurring.

The Mom Store

It is a terrible app. After I installed it through auto-install feature, it messed up the code of my entire website and various functionalities of my product and collection pages stopped working. This app basically creates multiple variants in products for lower pricing rather than using a calculation based system for discounting. It took me more than 24 hours to revert my website back to working condition and more than 48 hours for someone from the support team to revert to me.

StairBrothers

Installed it * was easy *

did the " test " by doing it on the 2 test products they make. It was creating multiple variants of the products original variants.

it had tons of warnings such as " do not duplicate products with quantity breaks set " I knew immediately I was asking for trouble.

Tried to uninstall - talk about a nightmare.

I don't believe it is the fault of the app, but a fault of what shopify allows developers control over that makes most quantity break apps on here complete garbage.. or it could be the devs who knows.

Crystalimagery

The app worked fine for a while then it started freezing up on me when i tried adding new products. Customer service suggested I install CSP to fix the problem but CSP doesnt work with discount codes. I'm still sitting here waiting for them to fix my problem. I'm 10 minutes from uninstalling this app and getting something else.

Also - be aware - this app does not work if you want to produce a feed for google shopping. I repeat, you will not be able to take a feed from your shopify store and generate google shopping ads with this app. The reason is your feed will give a different listing price than the ads landing price. I had both Shopify and Bold Commerce verify this! You will end up cancelling this app. It's just a matter of time.

Tedmonkey

Horrible installation process. They did the installation because I have a special theme. So the first day they installed the app and told me it was finished, but when I checked, my product page was broken. So I contacted them again, explained the whole thing, re-fixed the theme, and asked them to do it again.

Second time, same thing. They installed the app again, and the exact same problem happened. When I woke up and checked the page, it was again broken. I just don't understand it. How do they install it and not just check if everything is working? And thank god our store is not fully launched and no customers are coming. I can't even imagine how bad this could turn out if there were customers coming in and the page was just broken. Now they say they are going to do it again. I hope they do it right once for all, I just don't understand this lack of professionalism. Until this is fixed, I'm going to leave this 1 star review.

EDIT: So they kinda did it at the end. But we uninstalled because the app was not performing well and the styling was not of our liking. It might sound that we're extremely picky and biased in this rating, and maybe to some extent we are, but it's just been a really bad process overall. We're not happy with Bold Quantity Breaks. We've found other alternatives that work way better and we are going to go with those.

Smart Wax Lab

Broke my cart button and quantities do not work. Makes items appear and disappear from cart

Teebomber

Had Bold write me a custom app to force minimums...cost me SEVERAL THOUSAND DOLLARS!!! Worked great for the first 6 months or so. Then out of nowhere it stopped forcing minimums and had to create manual orders to make up for it. Customers unhappy, Bold unable to fix it. Shutting store down now cause I don't seem to have any other options.

Fanduco

Based on my experience I cannot recommend this app. I asked the team to install the app for me precisely because I wanted the benefit of a human eye to make sure nothing went wrong.

The first day it was installed, it was done in the middle of the night (for me), and I woke up hours later to find that I barely made sales in my peak sales hour. The reason? When the app was installed, it screwed up my product page by shoving another recommendation app right above my product description, so it looked out of place and ugly. After I fixed it, sales went back to normal. That cost me a few hundred dollars in sales.

After that, I noticed a small issue with the spacing of the table and my quantity button, so I asked the team if they could do it as I couldn't find the code for the table. Well, they did, but what I didn't realise was that only the products with quantity breaks displayed correctly.

For the products not using it, they somehow shoved the Variants and Add to Cart button under my image gallery so customers couldn't find it. That caused me to lose several hundred dollars as I barely made sales that day.

While the support team is top notch in terms of responsiveness, the tech team doesn't give two hoots about the overall store when installing the app. This is the first app that actually caused me to lose hundreds of dollars in sales. Responsive support doesn't make up for errors of this magnitude.

This is the second app from Bold where I've had a nasty experience and I'm really scared of using any more apps from them.

Get It Lit

F**king stupid! First, it doesn't apply the discount if you go straight to checkout, you need to actually view your cart for 5 seconds while it updates (definitely lose customers here). Then, after realising this, I uninstall it, yet it keeps the tables on every product page and I have to go through every single product I have and delete stupid variants that this app added to each one. WTF! Don't use!

EDIT: Now it's not letting me reinstall so I can delete the tables on every page. ????

Previous 1 3 4 5