Bold Quantity Breaks

Bold Quantity Breaks

by BOLD

Quantity Breaks, Tiered Pricing and Bulk Discounts for Shopify

Wilkes Riley

After two years, I had enough! Been giving these guys $16.99 every month for a product that does not perform. It works until your file size grows. Once our file size grow over 45 items we experienced items falling out of the shopping cart. This constatntly happens and creates frustration on our customers to the point where they just give up. We have now closed our account and have to use the Shopify discount code method for the time being, until we fine a product that truly performs.

Deal pricing or quantity breaks should not be an app that we have to pay additional money to gain the benifits it should be a standard discount option associated within Shopify.

Pnp Supplements

Works okay, but man is it ugly. I wish there were more ways to style the layout vs just a big block of numbers. I drop down from the quantity selection option would be nice or something a bit more stylish would be nice.

Pet Cuisine Accessories

We use over 50% of Bold apps and love most of them. This one, however, is a pain. It duplicates all of your variants for each quantity break. Which isn't a huge deal (at least for us) but something to note.

The biggest issue we've had is BOLD refuses to work with Shopify POS. For the past year we've received the same answer "not in development at this time" meaning they don't mind dismissing business from the over 50% of Shopify Merchants who use Shopify POS.

The major issue with POS for this app, in particular, is that it duplicates the variants in their entirety including the barcode but we cannot edit the duplicate variant to remove the barcode. So now everything that has a quantity break doesn't scan properly on the POS.

We had/have no choice but to use all of bold's apps because once you start using a few key ones (especially Cashier) they do not support apps other than Bold apps. We had to use Cashier because Loyalty would not work properly in the regular Shopify cart. It's a chain reaction. This is our first 2-star review of a bold app. Hopefully, the team at bold changes their tunnel vision mindset and begins rolling out support for POS with more urgency.

Fleetwood Digital

Having a store of ~400 SKUs this app was not for me. It created variants for all the items that were to have breaks on them and overloaded the system. I believe it also may have broken an app that offered add-ons. Also after deleting the app I had to edit the liquid code to remove a stray variant drop down box that was left behind. I'm giving this a "positive" 2 star rating as it does work, just didn't work for my large shop. For a smaller shop with only a few products this will probably work better for you than me,

Nine Nail

**dropshippers pay attention! This app does NOT work with Oberlo or Shopified. This app creates extra variants for each price tier which cannot be synced with other apps.

The reason for two stars is that the above MAJOR shortcoming is not mentioned anywhere and many shop owners waste their time trying out this app. A lot of time.

If you do want to give this app a try, pay the $20 usd or so to have their team install it for you to save yourself a LOT of time. You'll have to adjust and check dozens of your theme files and make even more code changes.

This app noticeably makes the cart page load slower. What happens is that the base price is loaded first, and then 1-2 seconds later the price is updated. ===> any direct to check-out/Buy Now function will also become impossible.

Their customer service is great though, and I recommend Mohit who was very fast and helpful.

Generixllcstore

Absolutely terrible. App works by making tons of variants on each of your products, installation gurus constantly broke our site making it so users could never check out.

Causes your checkout page to freeze for about 3 seconds while the bulk prices are changed, creating usability issues.

Destroys your product feeds if you are using any, so be careful of that as well.

This is the second bold app I have used that seemed to just be coded poorly (other one was the 'free product' app)

When it did work, it was nice.

Really do not recommend, sorry.

Jewelryboxes1 Com

does not properly list items in alphabetical or numerical order, takes too much time to turn an item on and off, it looks like this app is not convenient if you have special characters in the SKU as dash or period.

Techydealsco

Need to be able to choose between 'Compared at price' and 'Regular price' for quantity breaks. I still want it to show a sale for 1 quantity with slashed out Compared at price, however with This app installed it shows Qty 1 - 0% AND YOU CAN'T ADJUST OR FIX THAT. It only updates for qty 2+. So then you run into problem you can't make it look like as big of a sale as it really is because you can only reduce price off of sale price and not compare price. This will make sense to advanced marketors. So instead of showing 45% off, I could only show 15% off cause if it give 45% off of sale price and not compare price I will lose money. Easy tweak for them too put in but it's not yet.

Gadgetworld Ae

We spent over three months using this app and we've been happy with it and with the support team until we updated our theme recently. We needed to set it up again and restore custom codes and previous functionality. We never thought about leaving until we got stuck with unresolved issues.

Dealdepotapp

While the concept of this app is great, the execution is poor. This app does not work with all types of themes. What they don't tell you is in addition to the $25 install fee there is a $150 set up fee if your theme happen to use quick shop view and it wont work with any time of ajax side bar cart or pop up cart. I say only get this app if you plan on spending the $25 install fee and have a really simply theme. Found another app that did the same thing in a much simpler way this app is way over complicated for no reason at all.

Previous 1