Bold Quantity Breaks

Bold Quantity Breaks

by BOLD

Quantity Breaks, Tiered Pricing and Bulk Discounts for Shopify

TableCubby

I used this for a period of time for tiered pricing.

Pros: once set up properly it does the job but I did not have much experience beyond initial set up and launch.

Cons: you will need a developer to help you set up and install (factor in additional $$. If you want to uninstall the app you again will likely need a developer. (I was able to get into the code and remove it with considerable brain damage). Their customer support for uninstalling the app is non-existent. I sent 3 emails and did not hear back.

Kilikanoon Wines

Installing the app into the theme is a bit of a chore, but it's not that bad.

It seemed to work okay, but I uninstalled for the following reasons.

New products don't seem to be captured automatically which requires a manual update of the app data for QB to apply.

It messed up my facebook pricing by creating variant prices.

After uninstalling the app and reverting back to the original theme, I had to manually remove all of the variants created for every product which was a pain.

I like the app, but it's too complex for my clients and I'm 100% sure they would get confused and mess it up. So I uninstalled and now just use the new qty discount codes.

Plumtree Baby

It worked okay for me for a while, but I am now using another app because:

1. This creates duplicate variants for the same product based on quantity.

2.When I switched to Quickbooks online, I could not find an app to sync my shopify store properly because of these stupid duplicate variants.

3. On occasion, this app doesn't play nicely with sale pricing using Bold's Product Discount app.

I am not in love with any of the Bold apps I use and wish that they put some effort into modernizing them and making them more user friendly. They have been virtually the same for years while Bold focuses on create even more apps. I also wish Shopify would stop relying on 3rd party apps for basic features like bulk discounts!

Ceiling Views

2 stars - Be warned - this app will create variants. You have to use the variants it creates - there is no way around it.

I will be looking into alternatives to find a solution that doesn't involve creating variants. It's a shame too since I love BOLD Product Options, but they dropped the ball on this one.

3 stars - After posting this they took a closer look at the store and found the other app I had installed was not communicating with Quantity Breaks so the variants were public facing instead of hidden.

They get an extra star for customer support, but the inherit issue of creating variants is still why I can't keep this app installed. The products I were to use them on had the max amount of variants so the app could not add any more.

Kushtom

This app is fine, however I don't need it yet.
I had to change business in the meantime.
would definitely come back to you later and for another business.
Thank you.

Freecycle Bike Store

Hello
in Brasil we use to show parcell price Exemple 1000,00 10 x 100 credit card parcel no interests. I am looking for a app That help me to show prices like that....

Colour Envy

App seems to do the job although a pain to set up unless you are willing to pay for the privilege, I paid after trying and failing miserably and the turn around was in fact very good.

A little more care needs to be taken with the placement of the quantity boxes as they are too close to the variant selector and quantity box. In the end I had to remove the app as it only works with less than a hundred variants. so if you have 25 variants on a product you can only add 4 quantity breaks, I had 78 variants on a product so was completely pointless for me. I must say though that this is a Shopify limit not quantity breaks' fault lets see if the refund comes through successfully.. such a shame.

Custom Led Wristbands

Pretty good app, only downside is its take 1-3 seconds to load on each product page after the rest of the page has loaded.

Also, their's no default minimum quantity which would be very nice. Overall, hard to justify the $16.99/month price tag, but shopify leave little alternatives,

Dobots

I'm a programmer. Adding the liquid code snippets is not a problem for me. However, the plugin pays tribute to its name. It breaks stuff, probably because there is too much depending on the particular theme you use.

Removing it also leaves stuff behind, such as a variant 1+ for your products. The snippets are not removed as well.

Three stars for building something that should be part of shopify itself though.

Resin Obsession

First the positive. I used the team at Bold Apps to insert the code on my store. I was then able to set up quantity breaks. It was a fairly straightforward process, and I was happy with the results. Unfortunately, this app is NOT compatible with the inventory management app from Stitch labs. It has made a mess of my store because it adds 'extra product listings' to account for the quantity discounts. For other users, I would certainly recommend checking compatibility with other app makers before installing. (And the team at Stitch said all the Bold Apps are incompatible with what they do. They are looking into a fix, but it's not a priority.) UPDATE -- the team from Bold Apps has reached out to me to share their side of the story. It was quite thoughtful and I must admit I was surprised to hear from them. I certainly hope the two companies can work something out as I would like to do business with Bold Apps based upon my most recent interaction with them.

Previous 1