Bold Quantity Breaks

Quantity Breaks, Tiered Pricing and Bulk Discounts all in one

$20/month. 14-day free trial.

TableCubby

I used this for a period of time for tiered pricing.

Pros: once set up properly it does the job but I did not have much experience beyond initial set up and launch.

Cons: you will need a developer to help you set up and install (factor in additional $$. If you want to uninstall the app you again will likely need a developer. (I was able to get into the code and remove it with considerable brain damage). Their customer support for uninstalling the app is non-existent. I sent 3 emails and did not hear back.

Kilikanoon Wines

Location Australia

Installing the app into the theme is a bit of a chore, but it's not that bad.

It seemed to work okay, but I uninstalled for the following reasons.

New products don't seem to be captured automatically which requires a manual update of the app data for QB to apply.

It messed up my facebook pricing by creating variant prices.

After uninstalling the app and reverting back to the original theme, I had to manually remove all of the variants created for every product which was a pain.

I like the app, but it's too complex for my clients and I'm 100% sure they would get confused and mess it up. So I uninstalled and now just use the new qty discount codes.

Plumtree Baby

Time spent using app Over 2 years

It worked okay for me for a while, but I am now using another app because:

1. This creates duplicate variants for the same product based on quantity.

2.When I switched to Quickbooks online, I could not find an app to sync my shopify store properly because of these stupid duplicate variants.

3. On occasion, this app doesn't play nicely with sale pricing using Bold's Product Discount app.

I am not in love with any of the Bold apps I use and wish that they put some effort into modernizing them and making them more user friendly. They have been virtually the same for years while Bold focuses on create even more apps. I also wish Shopify would stop relying on 3rd party apps for basic features like bulk discounts!

Ceiling Views

2 stars - Be warned - this app will create variants. You have to use the variants it creates - there is no way around it.

I will be looking into alternatives to find a solution that doesn't involve creating variants. It's a shame too since I love BOLD Product Options, but they dropped the ball on this one.

3 stars - After posting this they took a closer look at the store and found the other app I had installed was not communicating with Quantity Breaks so the variants were public facing instead of hidden.

They get an extra star for customer support, but the inherit issue of creating variants is still why I can't keep this app installed. The products I were to use them on had the max amount of variants so the app could not add any more.

Dobots

Location Netherlands
Time spent using app 39 minutes

I'm a programmer. Adding the liquid code snippets is not a problem for me. However, the plugin pays tribute to its name. It breaks stuff, probably because there is too much depending on the particular theme you use.

Removing it also leaves stuff behind, such as a variant 1+ for your products. The snippets are not removed as well.

Three stars for building something that should be part of shopify itself though.

Resin Obsession

Time spent using app About 2 months

First the positive. I used the team at Bold Apps to insert the code on my store. I was then able to set up quantity breaks. It was a fairly straightforward process, and I was happy with the results. Unfortunately, this app is NOT compatible with the inventory management app from Stitch labs. It has made a mess of my store because it adds 'extra product listings' to account for the quantity discounts. For other users, I would certainly recommend checking compatibility with other app makers before installing. (And the team at Stitch said all the Bold Apps are incompatible with what they do. They are looking into a fix, but it's not a priority.) UPDATE -- the team from Bold Apps has reached out to me to share their side of the story. It was quite thoughtful and I must admit I was surprised to hear from them. I certainly hope the two companies can work something out as I would like to do business with Bold Apps based upon my most recent interaction with them.

Fleuriste Craft Supply

Time spent using app Over 1 year

While we utilized the app (mostly) successfully for nearly a year, it occasionally didn't work which resulted in lots of extra effort on our part. Once we finally decided to go to a simpler discounting method we removed the app but then manually had to remove the extra products that had been created. The result of that being that while we were mostly happy with the app while we had it, I was extremely unhappy by the end.

MG POLYMER LTD

Time spent using app Over 1 year

this is a good app to help me create quantity breaks on items the only downside is that is doesn't work s good when you have loads of variants.

www.gummybabies.com.au

Location Australia
Time spent using app Almost 2 years

This app has a massive flaw...yet it has made us many more sales by having it. The flaw is something I pointed out a year ago and was told it would be looked at but nothing has happened to remedy it. The flaw is when you add multiple items to your cart there is a quite a lag till it updates (3-4 seconds) so we often get people who are impatient saying it hadn't applied the discount. Even worse if you remove an item out of the cart, the lag lets the customer (who proceeds to checkout before the updated price resets) actually complete the purchase at the bulk rate. We have a situation at least 2-3 times a week. And up until now have been honouring the sale...but the word is out and we are now having to refund the sale as we are losing money. So the solution is to speed up the lag somehow...BOLD APPS CAN YOU HELP?

mediterraneo

Excellent Customer Service! They give very good directions in setting up the app and have been very QUICK to respond to any questions I have had.

Why only give the straight face instead of the happy face?
1) Unfortunately this app does not work on my products that can be personalized. (Example; party favors with your name on it). Apparently they are working on this but do not have a time frame.
2) There is no option to create a minimum amount of units that can be purchased for an item. (Example; I require a minimum amount of units on some of the personalized party favors)

Once the above two items are dealt with I will be happy to give a smiley face review!

If you do not need the above features I mentioned then this is a GREAT app and you should in stall now!