Quickbooks Sync by Bold

Quickbooks Sync by Bold

by BOLD

Automatically sync your orders with Quickbooks Online

CURE by WCC

Many of our sales transactions were not imported correctly (products were duplicated as "non-inventory items" and not taken out of our inventory). Some customer names were also duplicated with a "-1" after their name. This is a frustrating problem, and after reading reviews I see many other companies have the same issue. That being said, Nirav C. has been very very helpful in fixing this issue. Hopefully things will run smoothly from here on out.

STIVALI

I have used QB for a couple years now. I like the way the system works. Although I consider that they have increased too much their fees for the site itself, transfers, etc.

Helene Clarkson Design

I am very unimpressed with BOLD. Their customer service is lacking and they don't seem to understand their product. When I emailed for support I received numerous responses from numerous reps, they seem extremely unorganized. In the end, my issue wasn't resolved. This app is apparently unable to do exactly what it is meant for (exporting data), we are looking for alternative apps than shopify because of BOLD. Wouldn't recommend.

Fine Dining Cutlery

This app no longer works after speaking with the new BOLD support they literally have no idea on how to even resolve an issue nor do they seem to want to solve the issue. BOLD main priority is to fob you off so they can close the ticket and move on. Everything with this app was working fine up until around May 16th then all of a sudden errors started appearing but they seem to say it was my fault not the apps, when asking for evidence to show me how is it my fault they are yet to provide it. I have now decided to look at using a different platform instead and transferring everything across. I still remember the BOLD email they sent about how they will be charging to use this app (which im ok with) because they will be able to make the app better?. Just another fluff of words and hype they don't live up to.

*** Update 5 June 2018 ***
After leaving the review I was contacted by Cole from Bold support although a little frustrating that I was only contacted after leaving a negative review. Cole was a nice guy who explained the situation in looked into the issue deeper (this should have been done in the first place) Cole seemed to liaise with other areas including developers and quickbooks to identify my issue. Cole eventually came back to me that quickbooks made some changes which inturn created errors in the app quickbooks eventually rolled back the changes and now things are working back to normal for me.

Overall Cole has turned a negative experience into a slightly positive experience I do think alot more could have been done at my first point of contact but hopefully they will work on that in the future. Thanks Cole for taking ownership of the issue and following it through to find a solution!

Whimsy Ry

The only reason I'm giving this two stars (and not one) is that the product seems to work ok. It is still buggy on many items and we will see how buggy it ends up once I now have to start paying for exports and there is more information that will be moved from Shopify to QuickBooks Online. Like many others I'm also disappointed to now have to pay a fee when I'm already paying a fee to both Shopify and QuickBooks Online.

I already have to manually enter many items that "Error" out on export. If you want to charge for an item it better work damn near flawlessly instead of having to manually enter sales every month. Never has it properly exported all transactions in a month.

It also appears I won't get the "free" upgrade until August because all they sent was an email notification and I did not notice they were going to start charging because I only integrate sales once a month and just noticed the notification at the top of Shopify today and then found the email buried in between thousands of others I get. They should have given more than about three weeks notification on the Shopify integration page. Proof of crappy customer service and communication.

Update 6/9/18 - I'm bumping my original two star review to three because the customer service did follow up and get us a free trial. I will also say that the program does work overall fairly well. There is still a few issues that would be nice if the would work out. However, no matter what I have trouble swallowing an additional fee that we will eventually have to pay when the free trial period runs out. Having to pay for Shopify, QuickBooks, and this App is a bit on the steep side. I would try Xero except I see Bold operates that integration app between Shopify and Zero also so I'm sure once that becomes popular enough Bold will be charging for that one too...

Route 32 Riding Gear

Update: Heard back from Customer service. They made good and answered questions and made proper corrections. They promised that neither I nor anyone else would have to go through what I did. I always like the product and still do. Hopefully, it will be worth the monthly fee. I have amended my review from one star to three. But I made them wait for two weeks before I changed it. But I am a man of my word. they held up their end so I will do the same.

WORST customer service ever! AND now they want to charge $30 for their terrible customer service! 2 weeks of trying to get SOMEONE to call me back and I get are Emails saying they do not have time to call back!! See my most recent ticket number below!! I have to make an appointment to ask a simple billing question!!! AND no one is available until 3/19!! Apparently, I am not the only customer upset about the bait and switch tactics used to get us attached to this program. Too bad I used to like this app a lot.

Request 245241 has been updated!
Status: Open - Awaiting reply [Rate This Ticket]
Alexa (Bold Commerce)
Mar 16, 09:31 CDT
I'm sorry Dominic, but I personally don't have any time to accommodate a call today.
Please book a call with our accounting manager here: https://boldaccounting.youcanbook.me/
As it will guarantee a call back from us.
Alexa | Client Success
support@boldcommerce.com

Zenbivy

The app does not sync, it pushes data from Shopify to Quickbooks. It uses name matching to push data that is very specific, so set up can be fussy. I struggled at first with BOLD's email support, but when we were unable to resolve the issue there they called me and walked me through it. . If you run inventory and want to keep Shopify and Quickbooks in sync, be aware that data is only pushed and getting the sync to work properly can be tricky. Best is if you can set the items up in Shopify first, then run a transaction to export them, then use the exported items in Quickbooks to set the items up there. Any other method, and the names need to match and follow the formula exactly. If your item has special characters, email BOLD Support in advance for the set up tricks or these items will not match initially.

BOLD purchased this app from Quickbooks and they are aware of some of the set up issues. Once it flows, it flows. But hopefully now that this is in the hand of a real developer, better functionality and set up are on the horizon.