Rakuten Super Logistics

Rakuten Super Logistics

by Rakuten Super Logistics

Ecommerce Order Fulfillment, Simplified

Haconut

I have nothing but GREAT things to say about RSL! We were previously working with another Shopify integrated fulfillment service and had a pretty terrible experience-- but Rakuten has changed our business forever and we are so grateful!

You're assigned to a dedicated team that regularly checks in with you as you get started with them. I really love the personalized service. They genuinely care about your business and want to help you grow. We've had no issues getting up and running, and our orders are going out smoothly. Any order problem is promptly taken care of through email support. I would highly recommend using RSL over any other fulfillment service!

Just want to say thanks to our wonderful support team-- Frank, Trish, and Marcia-- for making us feel so welcome! We are so happy with Rakuten!

Theme Develop

The short version:
We've been working with Rakuten Super Logistics for three amazing months; it's probably the single most reliable node in our business flow. If you need a bulletproof fulfillment partner to automatically ship your orders quickly and correctly, RSL is the best choice you can make.

The long version:
First, a little backstory:

-We were using another Shopify-integrated fulfillment partner and it was a horrible experience. We really needed a new 3PL warehouse and started shopping around.

-Our production facilities are on the west coast, and we wanted something nearby. We're in one of the Nevada warehouses.

-We looked into six different 3PL companies on the west coast. Most of them with the capabilities we need are woefully behind the times and operate with 1990's technology or have minimums that apply to Fortune 500 companies, not medium-sized e-commerce small businesses.

-RSL had the best prices on services and the best shipping discounts, and were easily the most professional during the sales process. It was an simple choice.

---
Now, on to our experience with RSL so far:

-You actually get a dedicated account manager with RSL for the sales process, and it makes a huge difference working with a human being. Ours was/has been/is still AMAZING. The attention to detail and professionalism at this company is outstanding, and you first see it in the sales process.

-There's a dedicated team for onboarding also, so again, actual human beings you can speak to and who give a **** about the success of your business getting rolling. This turns out to be extremely helpful. We took forever getting our move sorted out and it resulted in a ton of shipments from multiple locations in US. The sales and onboarding staff were understanding and accommodating of all our delays and changes, and were super cool throughout the whole process. The RSL Shopify app takes 3 seconds to to install and our launch with the new warehouse was flawless.

-Pricing is handled a little differently than most places, but when the math is done, you can't beat the prices. Volume matters; your business might be different than ours.

-RSL has their own freight manager in-house, so you can literally just email him your shipping needs and he handles the brokering/trucking for you. Plus, the rates are super low. If you move pallets from your production facility to your warehouse, you will save TONS of time and money with RSL because of this.

-Rakuten in Japan is DHL's biggest customer so the DHL hookup is out of this world. They also have the lowest available FedEx partner rates, too. For basic, USA ground stuff, you'll be able to offer free shipping and not kill your margins. Switching to RSL helped us save a lot of money on fulfillment services and even more money on shipping.

-RSL is DETAILED. They don't miss a beat. They're always on time to conference calls and conduct BUSINESS – you should be on the same level. I say this because I know there's a lot of bedroom operations on Shopify.

-We honestly haven't needed much support which should tell you a lot. My own customer service team doesn't have much to do anymore because RSL runs such a tight ship.

-When they say one business day turn-around they mean it or exceed it. Coming from years of warehouse errors and delays, this is a huge upgrade. I've hit the system hard with large (large to me anyway) batches of wholesale orders, too, no problem.

-Shopify has that setting to hold fraud-risk orders but the RSL app ignores that, as it just looks for orders that are marked "paid" and "unfulfilled." We ended up using an app called Subuno, letting it scan our orders for fraud, not capturing payment on the ones it detects as fraudulent, thus RSL doesn't fulfill them until we say to. In addition to solving our auto-ship issue, it is also a substantial upgrade to Shopify's built-in fraud assessment tool. Win-win.

-We haven't done a holiday season with RSL yet, but so far so GREAT!

I hope this helps some. Good luck to you and your business; happy selling!

Black Claw Needle Company

My company started using RSL in March of 2015. At the time, our inventory situation was a jumbled mess. We had existing inventory and new inventory arrive to RSL's Henderson warehouse concurrently. Both inventories having different SKUs, which created some delays in the on-boarding process.

The folks at Rakuten worked directly with me both on the phone and in person to get the situation under control and get our products shipped as soon as reasonably possible. I'll admit, our first couple weeks were rough. This was our first time switching from self-fulfillment, to using a 3PL, and everything was new for us. We didn't fully understand how everything worked and I gotta say, the team at RSL were there for me every step of the way. Ensuring that I understood every aspect of their process and that my customers satisfaction was also a priority for them.

I'm happy with the service they've been able to provide and look forward to continuing to grow our company, without having to worry about buying boxes and packing tape!

Elemental Knives

Figured I should post my experience here since there are only negative reviews and I have had a very positive working relationship with RSL.

I entered into a contract with RSL in early January, as their prices were more competitive compared to the other 3PL companies I had contacted. At first I was hesitant to give up control of my inventory. However I really had no choice as my business was growing out of my control.

Their team lead me through a step-by-step onboarding process which was very easy to understand and did not require much effort on my part. In fact, they do a great job taking work off your shoulders and managing the warehouse on their own, while also keeping you well informed.

When my first shipment arrived at the warehouse, I was told it would take 4 business days for the goods to be received into inventory and for order fulfillment to begin. Then additional shipments would require 2 business days. To my surprise they actually started fulfilling orders just 2 business days after receiving, which was awesome considering how we were out of stock at the time with many backorders placed.

In fact, RSL has continually gone above and beyond my expectations. They perform ahead of schedule, provide advice on reducing packaging and shipping costs, and are very easy to get ahold of. It usually only takes a couple hours for support requests to be fulfilled.

An example of going above and beyond: My products come in unconventional box sizes, they are very long rectangular boxes without much height. The initial boxes in the warehouse could fit my product but there was a bunch of empty space (which was filled with paper when shipped). The initial boxes were getting the job done, but instead of sticking with those, the warehouse team took the initiative to find boxes that would fit my product just right, without the extra space. It is a much better presentation for my customers to receive a box that fits the product well. It was not something I spent time on, or ever mentioned to the team, as I am very busy working on my business. However the team did so on their own which is now saving me packaging costs and improving the customer experience.

My best advice when working with a new 3rd party company is to keep open and clear communication. Make it as easy as possible for your warehouse team to receive inventory and fulfill your orders by giving them everything they need to do their job. In return, they will perform above and beyond your expectations.