rBux: Referral Rewards

Increase Sales though Influencers and Loyal Customers

Free to install. External charges may apply.


4.9 of 5 stars

The overall rating reflects the current state of the app. It accounts for all app reviews but prioritizes the most recent ones.

  • 5 of 5 stars
    91% of ratings are 5 stars
  • 4 of 5 stars
    9% of ratings are 4 stars
  • 3 of 5 stars
    0% of ratings are 3 stars
  • 2 of 5 stars
    0% of ratings are 2 stars
  • 1 of 5 stars
    0% of ratings are 1 stars
1 review

This website is a DBA of Mr. John Carson Lester Jr & the TeleDistributors Call Center

Update as of Thursday December 27th: right before Christmas, they verified that they had this Shopify app RBUX working successfuly with the Shopify app Lay-Buys which was very, very important to me. Thus, a rating increase from 2 to 4 stars!

Update as of Thursday December 20th: I'm bumping up the stars from 1 to 2. Scott the CTO has found and is now responding to my questions. The questions from this site were being directed into the email box of another person, he said. Why that other person didn't respond, I can't recall if he mentioned, but regardless, they're paying attention to my questions now that were directed thru this site.

Apart from the questions that were sent from this site, that apparently they weren't organized properly yet to receive, they've been pretty responsive and pretty professional to date. I've been corresponding with them off and on for a few weeks now. I really have high hopes for this app and think it has a lot of potential but also think it has a ways to go yet. I'm pretty sure that my final star rating, at least for awhile, is going to be 3 or 4 stars. I don't see how I can honestly give it 5 stars yet. And the major reasons why are: 1) not sure yet if it's going to work with the Shopify app Lay-Buys and that's very important to me, although RBUX and the developer at Lay-Buys are working very hard on creating compatability and my guess is that they're going to be successful at that any day now, and that's the MAIN concern I have. If they can get that done, that will definitely take me to 4-stars. But to get to 5 stars I need at least the following two things as well: 2) flexibility in the awarding of percentage compensation. Right now it's fixed at 15% maximum and if you have 11 referrers that's like almost everybody getting a lousy buck ONLY on the sale of a $100 item. Because differing businesses have differening MARGINS to work with, FLEXIBILITY is absolutely esssntial in rewarding referrers with cash compensation. Scott at RBUX says it's seldom over 2 to 3 referrers, and I'm sure that's true based on my own experiences in the marketing/referral field, which are extensive, but still, 11.25% split 3 ways with the standard 3.75% (out of the total 15%) to REBUX is pretty small. I certainly wouldn't want to work for less than 4%. Would you? I mean, if we were selling grocery items with super thin margins, ok! But what if we're doing donations or leads like my sites do? Those are super high margin items compared to grocery foods and so FLEXIBILITY to increase compensation to referrers as the merchant deems appropriate is a must here. And finally, 3) the LAYOUT of the app in the Shopify admin is a NIGHTMARE. I scored a perfect 800 on the quant portion of my GRE back in 1984 when it was scaled from 200 to 800. I am one of the few people ever to score that score. My brain is rigourously organized and analytical. But when I log into my admin and go to apps and start trying to "work" with the RBUX app, my brain almost explodes at the lack of "flow coherency" and lack of organization and lack of logical process that exists back there. It's just a mess, you kind of have to just bounce around aimlessly here and there and hope, without confidence, that you've got everything done. I've spent a lot of time back there and still don't feel confident that I really know what I'm doing back there yet. So that's where I honestly am at here on December 20th, 2018. I like RBUX a lot, but it's still a work in progress, at least from my point of view.

First review done on approximately December 17, 2018: I've sent in a series of questions, very important questions to me, after installing this app on the final store I've chosen upon which to possibly use this app. But it's been about two days and no response from customer service.

It's 2019. Almost.

I expect complete and comprehensive professional answers to my questions within a few hours AT MOST.

1-star performance thus far. Willing to re-evaluate and up the stars as soon as somebody in Canada decides they're going to get their butts in gear. :)