Bold Memberships

Bold Memberships | Reviews

by BOLD

A Membership Program w/ Custom Access & Recurring Billing

Wagyu Clan

I launched my website a few days ago and the discount price appears on the cart but when people go to checkout the member price is not there but just the regular price. My customers are complaining and I needed help ASAP. BTW THE PROBLEM HAS NOT BEEN SOLVED.

The Great Game

I've been using this app for 9/10 months, its ok apart from lots of my customers are randomly having their tags removed from their email accounts. As they need this to access the content they have paid for its having a very bad effect on our reputation. I've spoken to Bold about this before and they haven't found a solution. I've also spoken to shopify and shopify experts on numerous occasions and they all say its the Bold app causing the problem. I'm now forced to look for a better alternative as I can't grow my business knowing that this problem will persist.

February 2, 2021

Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry for the issues you have been experiencing, we have our developers looking deeper into this issue. We really want to help you resolve this and thank you so much for your patience, we really appreciate it.

ANAHIT ETEMADI

Terrible App, on top of Paypal problem, styling also doesn't change immediately, it takes a day or two if you change the color or font!!! It take time...bcs it is marinated to be cooked!!!! SO STUPID!!! and SO FRUSTRATING!!! Have only one App but FUNCTIONAL!!!

January 12, 2021

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any frustration this may have caused you, we are constantly working on improving our app. Thank you for bring this to our attention.

melaniepavola

Terrible app, generates a lot of problems with customers that they make a PayPal claim and after many cases, your paypal account finishes banned.

EverydayVitamin

They are too slow in response and even though after explaining the jquery file issue they had not responded back. There app loads jquery.min.js file which is normally added by themes nowadays, so duplication of jquery.min.js files causes error in theme files

November 6, 2020

Thank you for your feedback! One of our Merchant Success specialists have reached out to learn more about the errors you are experiencing.

Pilates with Amelia

I would personally avoid if you can. Not quite sure how it has such great reviews... Not only is the customer support terribly slow but the app does not even allow you to use your themes checkout. It instead creates an unsightly checkout experience with way too many steps involved thus reducing the likelihood of a customer even purchasing a plan.

SharpSVG

After 3 days of waiting for the first response, a guy from support named "Bhumi" responded, I literally replied to him in minutes, after that he replied back in 2 days... I need fast support because this App is not working and not showing content for members only and they keep unsubscribing.

Rede

READ BEFORE INSTALLING - Information is power. If you value the time and energy put into your membership program look for another app. We've had a crippling tech issue with Bold Membership for over a week with no resolution or communication to update the status. Luckily we are in a beta test phase so aren't dealing with hundreds of furious customers who cannot access the membership they paid for due to the membership access page not loading due to a coding glitch with the app. If we were up and running at full capacity our business and reputation would effectively be in the gutter and all progress was undone.

Also, be informed that when someone signs up for a membership using the Bold Membership app plug-in a new order in Shopify is not created therefore will not trigger certain automation that really leverages the efficiencies the Shopify platform offers.

Circling back to the first issue. Please read for yourself the last communication with the Bold Customer Support Team (redacted info appear as '-----' for privacy):

Sep 17, 2020, 11:35 CDT

Hi -----------,

Thanks for responding back. At this point of time, I have no idea of what could be causing this but several other merchants have reported this and that is why this was escalated to our developers. For now, I don't have much information on my end but as soon as we get more information, we'll reach out to you!

Cheers!
----------
Bold Commerce Merchant Success

That was September 17 and we have heard nothing since meanwhile our entire business is hanging in limbo. Clearly, their prioritization of issues in the Bold Membership app isn't as pressing as other issues in their more popular apps.

Their customer support has always been very helpful and this isn't a reflection of their customer support agents as they are just the middle people.

Also, what got my attention initially when researching membership apps was the number of positive reviews the app had compared to competitors. However, after installing the app and working with their customer support on numerous smaller issues it became apparent how they had amassed so many positive reviews. On at least two occasions I can recall they concluded our live chats by saying a statement like "we are having a contest to see which customer support agent can get the most positive reviews, will you leave a review?" In good faith, most people will leave a positive review.

All the information provided above is factual therefore use it to advise your judgment to partner with Bold Memberships.

[UPDATE] Immediately after posting this review their Sr. Lead of Merchant Success contacted me attempting to rectify the situation. My response is below:

Hi ------,

Thank you for the offer but I will kindly decline. I've already invested far too much time on this issue. I stand by my review. We have deleted the app and are moving forward in a different direction.

Regards,
---------

Ticket Resell 101

Do not use this program or any other program by BOLD. They had a glitch in the system and unsubscribed all my monthly subscribers. Over 80 members to be exact and 8 months of work down the drain. Not to mention zero support from these people. I’m taking legal actions against this company for the financial damage they caused me.

KitchClever&co | Kitchen tools & Home improvement

Your app is tough to understand. I've makes some tests and nothing works. And I don't talk about the installation. Dude, we are not coders or experts. Make your app more simple. I will not use it anymore.

October 22, 2019

Hi there. We appreciate the feedback, and are very sorry to hear you find our Memberships app difficult to understand! We'd love to help you get the app up and running and help you understand it better.

We also understand that Liquid code can be difficult to understand, which is why we offer FREE installations of our Bold Memberships app! If you'd like to give the app another shot, we'd love to help you out with the installation, and setting up some memberships. Please respond to our most recent email if you're interested; we'd love to get it up and running for you.

Previous 1 3