Bold Memberships

Bold Memberships

by BOLD

A Membership Program w/ Custom Access & Recurring Billing

Stonemaier Games

Recurring Memberships is...fine. It does what it sets out to do, and nothing more. For example, customers don't get a customized notification e-mail (or any e-mail at all from the app) when they sign up for recurring memberships, which seems very odd. It's not necessary, but odd. I mentioned this to the Bold team, as I thought I had simply missed it, but they confirmed that it's not an option.

I had hoped to offer free shipping or a global discount to all members, but the app doesn't allow this. The in-app functionality of what you can offer members is really limited.

I also wish you could prompt customers before checkout to see if they want to become a member.

I also with Recurring Memberships would sync with customer accounts in Shopify.

Last, I've been inundated with e-mails from Bold since I signed up for Recurring Memberships. Customer service has been responsive but not actually active in improving the app.

Overall, I am paying customer for this app simply because there aren't any other viable options out there. I hope Bold spends more time developing the app, but I didn't get the impression from their customer service team that they'll be making any improvements any time soon.

[Update: I had an excellent interaction with Jordan at Bold after posting this review. Jordan succeeded where the previous 3 reps did not--he found workable solutions for almost all of the issues above. The biggest tip was that you can create "groups" in Shopify, filtering by the tag you associate with your recurring members, and you can then create discount codes that can only be used by members of those groups. Thanks Jordan!]

Ultimate Tattoo Supply

After working out some bugs and kinks with the app conflicting with my theme, everything seems to be working great now. I have been in contact with Chris and he was able to get everything done that we asked. He was quick and responsive to emails and went above and beyond. Would definitely recommend this app for your store!

*edit - As we try to do more with this app, we are finding more and more bugs and running into more issues. Support is good at telling me "the devs are aware and are working on this issue" but doesn't go much further than that.

Wardrobecult

Overall good, I just wish you had the option to charge a one registration fee for memberships. Seems like a given but I was told I would have to pay the custom developer for such a thing.

Outfitter Protection Services

Great customer service from Corey - very fast responses. This app would be great for the basic membership type service, however we needed something more robust and customizable.

It was lacking key features that we needed like the ability to customize the membership start and end dates, customize on an individual member level what they can see or can't see, no way to delay the capture of payment, and not enough design control.

After some quick research I found that Stripe and Paypal do support "authorization & capture" so it might be possible to do at a gateway level, but not at the app level.

Globopstore

Marty did a great job, he installed the liquid code within minutes of me requesting it.

Unfortunately, the app is not what I was looking for. It is missing some key features like being able to define a few options for the different types of memberships or the ability to charge a one-time set-up fee for a membership. Too bad...