Bold Subscriptions

Bold Subscriptions

by BOLD

#1 Ranked Subscription Box, Recurring Orders & Payments App

amirisu

It worked for a while, then many subscription orders started to go through without Bold, and it's been a mess. We cannot figure out why Bold works for some orders and doesn't for others.

bighammerwines.com

Pretty broken. They want to take a percentage of all sales. The support is god awful. And, the on-boarding process has been nothing short of a nightmare. Really, really bad. Stay away.

Comandado

I'll start with what doesn't work.

1. Although Stripe is listed as a payment gateway option, it does not work for Stripe Mexico. After contacting Bold support, the answer was: We can't do anything, fix it with Stripe.

2. They have announced that it is possible to integrate the Zapiet app. But they don't mention that it doesn't work for the meal box model. They also have no other option to manage local deliveries. After contacting the support, the answer was: We cannot solve it, you should see it with Zapiet.

3. I needed a report with all the options selected by the clients in their meal boxes. Well, when contacting support they told me that something like this didn't exist. However, after searching a little more, I found the report by myself.

4. Recurring subscription charging does not work at all. For it to work it is necessary to deactivate the CVC / CVV request in my payment gateway. But my payment gateway requires that this JSON request be made from Bold in a specific way. After contacting the support, guess what the answer was: We can't do anything, you should see it with your provider.

In short, I can't receive payments and I can't plan deliveries either.

It works? Well, at first it looks functional, but it's not.

Bartesian

This app constantly locks if you are not the account holder making it impossible to manage the setting and configurations if not the account owner of the shopify business. This is terrible if you're a business that uses other people that manage the app. I've been talking back and forth with tech support, first they said it was a shopify issue, they can't unlock it, and they can't figure out their apps issue.

Black Lava Vape

I would not recommend this app. The customer service is pleasant, but frustratingly not able to assist. I really wanted this app to work, but the setup process is a nightmare, and there is/are no clear instructions on what to do once you have the app installed. If you have a lot of inventory, you can't use subscription, only recurring cart. Which you can get for a fraction of what Bold subscription is from other apps.

December 9, 2019

Hello there. I'm so sorry that you were unhappy with the service our team provided to you, despite being pleasant. I took a look at the correspondence between you and our team, and it looks like there was some confusion with the links.

We have more information on our different types of cart modes within the app, however I can see this being a useful help center document as well. You certainly are not limited to one type of cart mode! I think it was just suggested to make things easier for you, as setting up many subscription groups can get a bit convoluted.

Our Help Center is definitely the best way to get step-by-step instructions on how to get the app up and running. If you wanted to give the app another try, one of our app specialists can set up a time to speak with you over the phone and work with you on getting the app set up.

Please let us know if this is something you'd be interested in.

keystonemoderncreative

I really wanted this app to work but with at 18 step installation process that makes no sense at step 3 (Add something that doesn't exist and click the Continue button that also does not exist) is ridiculous. Tried chat and they were not able to help either. There was no way that I could make it work or use it online.

November 25, 2019

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review; it helps us evaluate where things need to change. I'm very sorry you had a poor experience with us, and I understand you have decided to go with a different app, which we completely understand and respect, as you need to do what's best for your business.

Regarding the in-app verifier you were utilizing, there is an option that says "Next Step" which would skip over the Build-a-Box test setup since you weren't on a plan with that feature. I have spoken with the product manager, to look into making this language more clear, however.

I see that a couple of our app specialists reached out - I wanted to apologize that one of the responses was not answering what you had asked about. However, it looks like Alora was able to provide you with some documentation that would help make the setup more clear.

Again, my apologies that this was not something that you found helpful. We hope that you have continued success with your new app, and should you ever want to try Bold Subscriptions again, we can look at having one of our specialists work more closely with you to get the app set up properly.

Garno - En anderledes garnshop

Stay away from this app. They state they support different gateways, but really they don't. They use a feature within the gateway to save creditcard information, but the problem is, often the gateway still wants the CVC code, so the recurring subsciption fails, and it will cost you a lot of money. Then you think, well i can just switch to stripe, which is well supported by bold, but no Bold Clearly don't want to deal with the problems, they promised 3 days to port the customers.... This has now been going on for 3 months, and bold doesn't do anything to get the problem solved. If you don't write them litteraly all the time, they will just forget about it, and hope someone magically solves the problems for you, because they aren't interested in helping... There exists a ROTTEN culture within BOLD, and the internal comunications. And suddely someone else writes you, and you can waste time trying to explain to this guy all over again, what you have tried to explain the first guy in weeks... I cant seem to get them to help me...

September 27, 2019

Hello there. I just wanted to start off by saying thank you for leaving us this review, as it helps us understand where things need to be improved in our customer service processes. I'm very sorry you have had a poor experience with us thus far; that's certainly not how we aim to conduct ourselves with our merchants.

I have spoken with our migrations specialists to better understand what has been going on, and just wanted to let you know that we simply need you to contact your initial payment gateway provider in order to get the migration process started! We'll be able to get everything migrated for you as soon as you're able to reach out to them, as per the email that was sent yesterday.

Please get back to us ASAP once you have contacted them, as we'd love to get this sorted for you.

Tom's Truck

FALSE/MISLEADING ADVERTISING!!!
They advertise subscription boxes all over their front page and even in the title of the app, and yet you have to pay for the advanced level to access the major feature advertised. I would understand if they charged a slightly higher amount but an extra $170 USD (6 times more than base) for the feature marketed in the title is predatory and most would consider this to be misleading advertising.

On top of all this, they add their own transaction fee. This would be fine if they didn't charge you the ludicrous $200 a month.

I will fully admit their application has good functionality but the prices charged are not sustainable for a small business.

July 11, 2019

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us this review; we appreciate all feedback we get as it helps us evaluate and make decisions on what we need to do differently.

While our Build-a-Box functionality is a premium feature, we do have many merchants who have been able to create successful subscription boxes on their website using our base Subscriptions plan! It allows you to set up recurring orders that customers can easily manage on their own.

If you'd still like to give this a try, we'd love to help you set it up so it meets your business' needs! Please reach out to us and let us know if you'd like some assistance with this. If not, we completely understand and wish you all the best in the future.

Cali Tiger

Words cannot simply describe the poor service we have received from Bold. An experience like no other.

June 24, 2019

Hi there, I just wanted to sincerely apologize for the poor experience you had with us. We certainly want all of our merchants to have a great experience while using our apps and contacting support, and are very disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on that.

We have removed all of the Liquid code from our apps from your theme, and wish you the best of luck going forward!

ViandPet

Having the client not be able to update their address and they nor I have the ability to push their ship date to today before the actual ship time also creates an issue.

May 29, 2019

Hello there, I am very sorry that Bold Subscriptions hasn't been working to the best of its abilities. Our App Specialist, Harpreet, has reached out to you to help get things sorted! Please don't hesitate to reach out again if you have any more questions.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6