Bold Subscriptions

Bold Subscriptions

by BOLD

Subscription Box, Recurring Orders & Payments for Shopify

Dirty Knees Soap Co., LLC

My interactions with Kevin and Max have been stellar. Max is a true "Bold Support Wizard". It's clear that you have real support people (with actual brain mass) working at Bold that actually read their emails. Max offered to provide me with an extra month and I told him that would be "awesome possum". He responded with, "And here I thought I was the only person who said "awesome possum!" :-) So... thanks for providing real humans to support your customers so we can focus on other aspects of our business.

Instaglam

I moved to shopify after using a wordpress site and was looking for a efficient recurring order app--- your recurring order app fit the bill; which is pretty awesome. I have many resources and tools I could have used, but I chose to stick with you guys.

From installation, integrating it with my current products, and managing the orders; it has been a breeze. Being able to use coupon codes and give the customers a discount for subscribing is a fantastic touch.

Thanks for being so awesome!

Drink La Vie

THIS APP DID NOT WORK FOR US - UNDERSTAND ITS LIMITATIONS BEFORE INSTALLING.

I've upgraded my 1-star review after finally talking to the developer.

Know that after the initial order, every recurring order will default to select the cheapest available shipping method, regardless of which shipping method the customer chose. For us this was a mess -- it was creating orders for local pickup 2 states away from where the customer lives, because that method happened to be free.

The app looks great and they said they're working to resolve the issue, but unfortunately we can't wait -- we've lost long-time customers over the mixups. We have to go back to ReCharge -- it has less features but their Customer Support was fast and excellent. I do believe Bold Apps will ultimately get this issue resolved, but ask them first if you have concerns.

Sugarhaul

I have several businesses and am now starting an e-commerce store with no experience in programming or site set up. Recurring Apps is an easy to use and understand app which is critical to my subscription business.

Kevin Wild, the best Tech support ever, has been a life saver through this start-up process. He has helped me with so many backend pieces that I have no expertise handling. Kevin is not only knowledgeable but he is efficient and very quick to respond to whatever I was needing help with.

Raw Dog Hawaiʻi

I depend on this app for $400k a year of business. They charge a monthly fee plus a percentage of sales. Their support is painfully slow, they fail to copy Shopify support on their replies, and their half-thought out answers are poor at best. I really want to love Bold Apps, I do. But your support is shallow and fails to even begin to look at the entirety of a ticket and replies with a Tier one level response. You are the sole reason I'm moving my business away from Shopify. Love Shopify, you guys, not at all.

nakee & co

When I needed some details further explained, my main ninja Kevin was there and provided me with top notch solutions. He called exactly when he said he would, he answered every question I had, and rather than redirecting me to someone else when I needed some code altered, he took care of it himself. Like I said, top notch. If the rest of the Bold staff is like Kevin, they too will end up getting acquired for 900 million like BrainTree did.

soccus.en

I can't recommend highly enough both this amazing app and the guys at Bold. They're truly amazing. I've been lucky enough to have their immediate help to solve any issue I was finding along the way, working side by side for as long as I needed. Now the app is up an running and looking very good indeed! Oh, and the app couldn't be more user-friendly. TOP!

Cigar Reserve Cedar Spills

First, I don't know where to start. The ease and automatic nature of the reoccurring order app is borderline ridiculous for a novice like me. Second, this app has literally been 100% successful in capturing EVERY order from customers who put into their checkout. The best part, is each order is not a one and done order, the customer is now reordering each month until whenever! Our monthly income is growing and becoming more consistent.

The support team had received almost daily calls for the first week of questions and "if they could do that" type stuff. Every time they were very courteous, polite, friendly and solved all my thoughts. They even went above and beyond to code in something that had even been done yet. But, listened to my suggestion, tried many times and finally made it happen! Just to make me a happy customer.

Juicerville, USA

Sorry to say that we are very unimpressed here. Developers say that we can't use the app because we have some unusual third-party shipping solution. Eh what? If using UPS, USPS and Fedex shipping rate calculators is unusual, then I guess we can exclude a big chunk of shopify stores from this app right away. Combine that with the inability to go through checkout with a discount, which is also very standard.

We spent a lot of time integrating this app only to find out that simple checkout stuff does not work. The reply from Kevin at support was in essence that there's nothing to do about it. Boldapps put out a lot of great apps and we use several of them, but this one was pushed out too soon.

Think twice about this app unless perhaps you enter shipping rates manually or have flat shipping rates for your products.

Daily Nutrition

Another home run app from the team at Bold Apps.
I've really enjoyed every app I have installed with them. They have been super helpful with any questions I ever have.
Recurring Orders app integrates really well with my store and I'm excited about the potential with this app. For sure a must download if you can offer recurring orders on your store.

Thank You Guys!