Bold Subscriptions

Bold Subscriptions

by BOLD

#1 Ranked Subscription Box, Recurring Orders & Payments App

MySubs.co.uk

The Recurring Orders app from Bold Apps has literally transformed our business.

We've been successfully selling coffee and tea online for years, but have never been able to set up a reliable and affordable subscription service, even though our customers were crying out for it! When Bold launched Recurring Orders, we jumped right in having used a number of other Bold apps before, and knowing how their support is pretty much unparalleled in the industry. The installation was straightforward, and within minutes (not even hours) the nuts and bolts of our new subscription business were in place. A couple of days building our catalogue and tweaking our store design and we were in business. We've grown from a site with a small base of loyal customers, to a behemoth in the world of subscriptions in no time! Our fulfilment team are having to find a bigger warehouse to keep shipping all the orders we're sending; but the beauty of it is that they don't even need to touch the app - it integrates so well with Shopify that the orders just come through like any other one-off order, and they just process them as such - perfect.

Our customers love the integration with their account, and the flexibility the system gives them to manage all aspects of their subscription (and our customer service team love the fact that life is a lot quieter for them with a great self-serve approach for our customers!) We've needed to reach our to Bold's support team for advice on a couple of things, and each time they've been incredibly quick to respond and send us in the right direction. Like all of their other apps, Bold's team fully understand their products, and take complete ownership of any questions or issues we encounter. As you've probably guessed, I would happily recommend Bold Recurring Orders to anyone with a Shopify store; even if your core business isn't repeat order focussed, the simple addition to your store's back end and the low monthly cost makes it a bit of a no-brainer, and a great proposition for your customers.

During the beta stage of the app, there were a few areas of the integration that weren't quite working with our theme. Bold's support team offered some great technical assistance with some Liquid coding errors on our site - absolutely nothing to do with the Recurring Orders app, and yet they offered free support without question. That's the kind of above-and-beyond support that'll keep us using the app indefinitely!

The developer universe can be a bit hit and miss when it comes to support, but once again Bold have shown what a truly professional team they are, who thoroughly believe in their products and will stand by their apps when assistance is required. Moving to Shopify's platform was the best thing we ever did for our business; installing Recurring Orders was a very close second!

Skin Care By Suzie

Excellent app, Bold installed it for me and has been working great, Support was quick to solve any issues i had. My automatic re- orders has gone off flawless. Thanks Bold

Triann's Pantry

Easy to get started (thanks to a quick liquid install by Brenden). Can't wait to share with our customers!

Drinks Box

Haven't started using the app yet, but support during set up is 5*
Have been speaking to Kevin, very quick to reply and super helpful!

Dirty Knees Soap Co., LLC

My interactions with Kevin and Max have been stellar. Max is a true "Bold Support Wizard". It's clear that you have real support people (with actual brain mass) working at Bold that actually read their emails. Max offered to provide me with an extra month and I told him that would be "awesome possum". He responded with, "And here I thought I was the only person who said "awesome possum!" :-) So... thanks for providing real humans to support your customers so we can focus on other aspects of our business.

Instaglam

I moved to shopify after using a wordpress site and was looking for a efficient recurring order app--- your recurring order app fit the bill; which is pretty awesome. I have many resources and tools I could have used, but I chose to stick with you guys.

From installation, integrating it with my current products, and managing the orders; it has been a breeze. Being able to use coupon codes and give the customers a discount for subscribing is a fantastic touch.

Thanks for being so awesome!

Drink La Vie

THIS APP DID NOT WORK FOR US - UNDERSTAND ITS LIMITATIONS BEFORE INSTALLING.

I've upgraded my 1-star review after finally talking to the developer.

Know that after the initial order, every recurring order will default to select the cheapest available shipping method, regardless of which shipping method the customer chose. For us this was a mess -- it was creating orders for local pickup 2 states away from where the customer lives, because that method happened to be free.

The app looks great and they said they're working to resolve the issue, but unfortunately we can't wait -- we've lost long-time customers over the mixups. We have to go back to ReCharge -- it has less features but their Customer Support was fast and excellent. I do believe Bold Apps will ultimately get this issue resolved, but ask them first if you have concerns.

Sugarhaul

I have several businesses and am now starting an e-commerce store with no experience in programming or site set up. Recurring Apps is an easy to use and understand app which is critical to my subscription business.

Kevin Wild, the best Tech support ever, has been a life saver through this start-up process. He has helped me with so many backend pieces that I have no expertise handling. Kevin is not only knowledgeable but he is efficient and very quick to respond to whatever I was needing help with.

Raw Dog Hawaiʻi

I depend on this app for $400k a year of business. They charge a monthly fee plus a percentage of sales. Their support is painfully slow, they fail to copy Shopify support on their replies, and their half-thought out answers are poor at best. I really want to love Bold Apps, I do. But your support is shallow and fails to even begin to look at the entirety of a ticket and replies with a Tier one level response. You are the sole reason I'm moving my business away from Shopify. Love Shopify, you guys, not at all.

nakee & co

When I needed some details further explained, my main ninja Kevin was there and provided me with top notch solutions. He called exactly when he said he would, he answered every question I had, and rather than redirecting me to someone else when I needed some code altered, he took care of it himself. Like I said, top notch. If the rest of the Bold staff is like Kevin, they too will end up getting acquired for 900 million like BrainTree did.