Bold Subscriptions

Bold Subscriptions

by BOLD

Subscription Box, Recurring Orders & Payments for Shopify

Novawhite

App works as described. Support personnel helped to install the recurring orders app for free. This was greatly appreciated.

Thanks Bradley

Sunakku Bento

Bold's support team set up the Recurring Orders & Subscriptions App for me quickly and was very helpful to help me get started. The App have many features that I like and the user interface makes customizing your store fairly easy.

Iceberg Coffee

This was a solid app but it wasn't for me. Support was OK the first time, then it trailed off.

I would definitely recommend it.

Krill Heart

I liked this app a lot when I first began using it! It has a great interface and is fairly intuitive. It also has pretty solid customization options for creating a variety of subscription packages.

But a rather annoying issue came up recently- I had a customer call me for the first subscription order I ever received over the phone. Most customers usually order online. She really didn't feel like placing it on the site, so I was happy to help her place the order over the phone.

I went into the back-end of my Shopify site, as suggested by Shopify for placing phone orders (placing a high volume of orders through the front end of your site can cause it to be flagged, as all of those sales end up being tied to one IP address). After I placed, fulfilled, and shipped the order, I noticed it did not come up in the Bold Recurring Orders app. I chatted with them shortly after, only to find out that manually entering orders into the back-end of Shopify does not communicate with their application. Mind you, the product I sold was a pure subscription-only product. This was something I was certainly not expecting, and made me lose some confidence in the app.

Long story short, I ended up being left out to dry and was only able to charge my customer's card one time for one month of a recurring subscription she was very excited to receive. There is no remedy for orders placed this way through this Bold app- and it made my company look bad in my opinion. It's quite an embarrassing phone call to make. Luckily, I just started running AdWords campaigns around my subscription offer- or else this issue could have scaled massively.

I hope someone reads this and is able to avoid the annoying situation I am currently dealing with! I might switch apps, depending on the quantity of phone orders I get for my krill oil subscription going forward. If you don't plan on getting phone orders, this app should work quite well for your store!

Good luck :)

www.krillheart.com

Lucky Violet Color Co

Well, so far so good. I haven't set up any subscriptions yet and am just in my first baby steps with this app, but the customer service is great. Brendon (hope I spelled your name right) was quick and efficient in helping get that liquid thingy set up for me. (See, I told you I was in my first baby steps.) Thanks guys, looking forward to plowing in and seeing how it works.

Earths Pearl

I had a question about how to change our recurring default to be monthly, instead of weekly. The support team was very quick to respond and resolve the issue. I have been able to increase my sales because of this app and I love that I can project out how much money I will be receiving because of the recurring orders that my customers have setup.

Kftest Bis

I had a question about adding a product to our subscription service, and Corey swiftly responded to my inquiry and sent screenshots to show me exactly how to fix the issue. I was impressed with his quick response and thorough explanation. Thanks COREY!

Yogafood

Great app and amazing support. Brendon and Cory from the tech team were awesome at helping to set everything up. Love the BOLD crew. Their apps just work. Just use them.

Academic Leaders Of America

Brenden Rocks! Thank you for getting our site up and running so quickly.

Pnp Supplements

Love the app. It's very easy to manage customers and orders. Looking forward to working with app to increase our sales and build customer loyalty.