Bold Subscriptions

Bold Subscriptions

by BOLD

Subscription Box, Recurring Orders & Payments for Shopify

Sugarhaul

I have several businesses and am now starting an e-commerce store with no experience in programming or site set up. Recurring Apps is an easy to use and understand app which is critical to my subscription business.

Kevin Wild, the best Tech support ever, has been a life saver through this start-up process. He has helped me with so many backend pieces that I have no expertise handling. Kevin is not only knowledgeable but he is efficient and very quick to respond to whatever I was needing help with.

Raw Dog Hawaiʻi

Yes. It is in Beta and use at your own risk. If an app is in Beta and you want people to actually be a guinea pig please don't charge for it. If you push an update, thorough unit and application testing need to be a more formal process. And when you find a bug related to a case, let the customer know what it was. They could be instrumental in testing and finding other "features" that cause them and their customers frustration and pain.

And not being able to administratively add a new subscription for a customer or edit one already in existence? How did you miss that one? "Oh, I'm sorry Ms. Customer, I can only walk you through it by screen sharing. I can't do it for you." We LOVE having those calls.

Before you unleash this on your customers, please, please consider at least twice and use something NOT in Beta. My bad, I know...

nakee & co

When I needed some details further explained, my main ninja Kevin was there and provided me with top notch solutions. He called exactly when he said he would, he answered every question I had, and rather than redirecting me to someone else when I needed some code altered, he took care of it himself. Like I said, top notch. If the rest of the Bold staff is like Kevin, they too will end up getting acquired for 900 million like BrainTree did.

soccus.en

I can't recommend highly enough both this amazing app and the guys at Bold. They're truly amazing. I've been lucky enough to have their immediate help to solve any issue I was finding along the way, working side by side for as long as I needed. Now the app is up an running and looking very good indeed! Oh, and the app couldn't be more user-friendly. TOP!

Cigar Reserve Cedar Spills

First, I don't know where to start. The ease and automatic nature of the reoccurring order app is borderline ridiculous for a novice like me. Second, this app has literally been 100% successful in capturing EVERY order from customers who put into their checkout. The best part, is each order is not a one and done order, the customer is now reordering each month until whenever! Our monthly income is growing and becoming more consistent.

The support team had received almost daily calls for the first week of questions and "if they could do that" type stuff. Every time they were very courteous, polite, friendly and solved all my thoughts. They even went above and beyond to code in something that had even been done yet. But, listened to my suggestion, tried many times and finally made it happen! Just to make me a happy customer.

Juicerville, USA

Sorry to say that we are very unimpressed here. Developers say that we can't use the app because we have some unusual third-party shipping solution. Eh what? If using UPS, USPS and Fedex shipping rate calculators is unusual, then I guess we can exclude a big chunk of shopify stores from this app right away. Combine that with the inability to go through checkout with a discount, which is also very standard.

We spent a lot of time integrating this app only to find out that simple checkout stuff does not work. The reply from Kevin at support was in essence that there's nothing to do about it. Boldapps put out a lot of great apps and we use several of them, but this one was pushed out too soon.

Think twice about this app unless perhaps you enter shipping rates manually or have flat shipping rates for your products.

Daily Nutrition

Another home run app from the team at Bold Apps.
I've really enjoyed every app I have installed with them. They have been super helpful with any questions I ever have.
Recurring Orders app integrates really well with my store and I'm excited about the potential with this app. For sure a must download if you can offer recurring orders on your store.

Thank You Guys!

GreenCat Pet Food Company

Max was the "Wizard" who installed the app for me and he completed this task in less than the 2 business days that was quoted. I was very happy that this service was offered, as I am not a coder. It really helped get the app going on my website. When I needed something tweaked, another representative completed the task less than two hours after I sent the request email. So far, I am happy with my experience with this app.

My one complaint is specific to my store's theme. I am not happy with how the login information appears in my header, and according to the second representative I spoke to, this cannot be changed without altering the coding of the theme. So - it is nothing against the actual app. Just be warned that the final appearance in your store may not be similar to the example coffee website that Bold uses to showcase this app.

BloomThis

App has great functionality and the support team is very helpful. Unfortunately, Stripe is not supported in Malaysia yet and recurring functions are limited for PayPal.

Who Made Your Pants?

Still some tweaking to do but its looking good so far. Very helpful set up from the Bolapps team. Videos are very clear. Just got to get our customers to fall in love now! We're still in Beta but it's definitely worth a trial if this is something you think might be useful to you.