Bold Subscriptions

Bold Subscriptions

by BOLD

Subscription Box, Recurring Orders & Payments for Shopify

life UNpacked

Some limitations to the functionality of the app but awesome customer service. I've talked to several agents, all of which have gone out of their way to help me out and make it easier to use the app.

March 27, 2019

Thank you for the review! We're sorry to hear our app hasn't fully met your business' needs, however we are always listening to our merchants' feedback and looking at ways to improve. Please do share any feedback about features you'd like to see!

I'm glad we could help with setting the app up; we look forward to hearing about your successes. :-) Really loving your packaging concept and product designs; what a great way to reduce plastic waste!

Boxsem

this app is what we need but the big problem coming from your Payment Gateways!!!!!
why we can not add other PSP than braintree and stripe????
find us a solution

March 27, 2019

Hi there, I wanted to apologize that we do not currently offer the payment gateway that you are using. Hopefully you will find our list of current providers sufficient in the interim, as we are always looking to add additional payment gateways.

Mile Four

Great app love it! Very good family of apps. we are in pre launch stage so excited to see it in production
Harpreet is amazingly helpful.

March 25, 2019

Thank you very much for the review! We're more than happy to help with anything further. Best of luck with the launch of your store! We can't wait to hear about your successes. :-)

The EMOM Box

App has met all of my needs and been a much more flexible and streamlined option to what I was previously using for my subscription box business. This app is going to allow me to offer customization that my customers have been looking for. Most importantly though is the support and customer service that I have received from everyone on the team at Bold. Keep up the great work guys!

March 25, 2019

We're super happy to hear that Subscriptions is working better for your business! It looks like you put a lot of care into curating these boxes. Thanks a lot for the review, and please let us know if you need anything further. By the way, I really love the design of your headbands!

Fresh Meal Prep

1 Star because the app basically works, and another star because they have a live chat where someone answers ... BUT, it has tons of useless restrictions. Lots of little things that are easily added, but they keep funneling you to their developer requests page so they can quote you and make you pay for a feature that honestly should 100% be included, specially for the price tag.

They bill $200 a month plus 1% on transactions, which from this store is at least an additional $140+ a month in fees. Yet, you can't do simple things like the below.

- no more than 1 custom shipping option. Why even limit it to one custom option ?!
- you can't exclude shopify shipping options. That's a tick of button feature that's needed.
- for standard subscriptions, you can't track what day of the week they pay in order details within shopify. If you want notes or special tags for separate subscriptions, you're screwed.
- for build-a-box, you can't simply switch boxes within the same subscription. Your clients have to work it hard to cancel one subscription, place another order and then that works. NO Customer, wants to work this hard.
- we had to build out separate standard subscriptions just so we can control what day of the week orders process when within the same week.
- AND most important of all, ifs you run adwords, you CAN NOT track sales without requesting something custom from a partner or developer of theirs. MORE Money for something so basic.

Because they control all the pages used during checkout, you're cut at the knees to make it reflect well for your business. There are a lot more issues that are so basic, but they seem to be more inclined to be greedy for these features to be added, than be happy with the hundreds of dollars they bill you every month just for using an app that has been the same for a couple years. Try other apps before you are stuck with Bold. They should realize that a happy customer who's store can scale and have access to other simple settings will stay longer and pay those hundreds of dollars a month for longer. Instead, they want you to pay more or leave. Greedy.

March 25, 2019

Hi there, I just wanted to say thank you for all of your feedback, and I'm very sorry to hear you are unhappy with some aspects of our app. I wanted to let you know that we listen to our merchants' feedback and have shared your suggestions with the appropriate team.

We have also reached out via email to expand on your concerns individually, and are happy to share that some of the features you were looking for can be accessed when Subscriptions is integrated with our free app, Bold Cashier (the link for that can be found within our email). :-)

Please do let us know if you have any further questions or concerns!

eat2explore

Challi was very helpful together when we switched to a new store on Shopify. We've been using Bold Recurring and Bold Cashier for a few months now - super easy with minor set up issues that were quickly resolved.

March 22, 2019

Thanks very much for the review! We're so glad the app has been working well for your business, along with the Bold Cashier integration; I love the concept of your website. :-) What a fun way to get the whole family eating healthy.

Brushee

Rifat was a consummate professional, attentive and patient with my inquiry. This service was A++++

BOLD is the THE BEST!!!

March 22, 2019

Thanks very much for your review! We're always here to help with any problems you run into, and look forward to hearing about your successes. :-) Also, what an awesome, convenient product you have!

Supplement First

This app is great! it works as it should and has all the features you need to run a subscription program. Their customer service is exceptional as well. I recently had a large task that required help from the Bold Team. They were able to do what was needed by before the deadline and communicated well throughout the process.

March 20, 2019

Thanks very much for your review; we're really glad the app suits your business' needs! Please let us know if you need any further help. By the way, love the way you have your supplements categorized; they look great.

Wayley's Dailies

I LOVE Bold! And, the customer service is impeccable! Agent named Rushi was just awesome and helped someone who isn't awesome at computer stuff fix a huge issue! Very helpful! Definitely recommend! :)

March 15, 2019

Thank you very much for the review! We're so glad we could help; please let us know if you need any further assistance. Absolutely love your concept; Wayley is a great mascot, and he sure looks happy. :-)

Barkin' Creek Dog Kitchen

Had a small technical issue that I needed some navigation help and Harpreet was an amazing resource! Quick and concise. Great customer service.

March 15, 2019

Thanks very much for your review! We're so happy we could help resolve your issue; please let us know if you need any further assistance. Love your website by the way; your passion really comes through in your products and services!