Bold Subscriptions

Subscription Box, Recurring Orders & Payments for Shopify

Pure Life Filter

worst app in the world, cost me 1000000

Cozify

At first glance, everything seems to be working fine. BUT, there are some major issues you should take a look at before you start using Bold Recurring Orders.

1. Checkout process is a black box. You don't have a way to find our who interrupts the checkout process and why.
2. This is more critical! Bold changed something which broke triggering webhooks from Shopify. When you do things, you sometimes broke something, and that's fine. BUT, the issue is Bold support said I have to be in touch with Shopify reps to fix this!? Bold changed something which broke webhooks and they ask from their customer to deal this issue with Shopify!?!?

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Medicinalessentials

Too confusing. Need 3rd party for payment and order maintenance as well as having to install code on your web site.
Couldn't get time scheduled for a phone call for over a week.

Breadvillage

Their code screwed up my theme, the way it delivers pictures on the product pages. Despite multiple assurance from BOLD that their code "was uninstalled and could not possibly cause this issue", it turned out it was their fault, and they had failed to remove all code. Very unprofessional! They left me high and dry and lied to me. See below email from shopify support. Shopify had to fix BOLD's mess.

Maggie (Shopify)
Sep 11, 11:10 EDT
Hi Christian,
Thank you for your ongoing patience while our team looked into the issue.
The Theme Support Team responded back to me saying that it was in fact Bold's code that was causing the issue. They have commented out their code here: https://breadvillage.myshopify.com/admin/themes/184364488?key=sections/product-template.liquid&line=180 meaning that it should be working as intended now.
This might now cause the app not to work as intended. Theme Support has suggested that you will need to either revert your product-template.liquid file back to the beginning and use another app or reach out to Bold for more help. I'm honestly not sure myself how these things work, so I'm not sure how the Bold Team missed this, but I'm sure they might like to know in case it happens again.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks and have a good one.
Maggie
Shopify Guru
Contact Support 24/7

Jps Cosmetics

Sent numerous emails to bold, they never reply...

Plus their phone support is literally nonexistent...

Looseleafteamarket

I'm fed up with this app. It does not display the subscription option on the product page for all the variants for a product. I also can't see which products are already added to a subscription so I'm lost on what I've added and what I haven't. Support is also spotty. I need another solution unless they can get it together. I do see that lots of people love the app so apparently it works well for some. But my experience has been frustrating and kind of terrible.

Thebeautyshop Ch

Very misleading. The 1% TRANSACTION FEE was not displayed by the pricing on the shopify app store.

The Barn Coffee Roasters

In the midst of our christmas sales, the Buy Buttons Urls of the App changed without prior notification. So the button links for all customers were directed to an Empty Cart. When contacting the support, they claimed "changing the button is not possible after creating.". Super Sad.

Curls And Confidence

I have been using this app for two years, It was not properly installed but since my subscription list has been built on it, I cannot switch over without losing my list. It has been my greatest issue in terms of my business. I am a subscription box but they have me under the reoccurring product APP. I need assistance with my new upgrade. I have spoken to their support team but they have not been able to assist me. Why am I paying for an app that doesn't do what I need it to do? I am sincerely stuck when it comes to BOLD, because it does not do what I need it to, and I get laughed at when I call for support. All I need is an app that gives me a section to offer my clients to sign up for the subscription box and bill them. They need to be able to choose 3 boxes, 6 boxes, or 1 year. Not subscribe and save on the same product.

Mama Zeds Homestead

Had previously thought that this would be a fantastic app - how wrong I was! Have had nothing but install issues, server crashes and outages where they cannot explain why the app is not working. Was told this morning it could take a couple of days to fix the app on my site through something that has happened on their side, NOTHING I have done. I launch a subscription box business in a few days so naturally, waiting for them to figure out what could be wrong and MAYBE fix it is not an option. Sorry guys, can't wait around on an unreliable app, going elsewhere.