Bold Subscriptions

Bold Subscriptions

by BOLD

Subscription Box, Recurring Orders & Payments for Shopify

Ten Dollar Coffee

Disappointed to find that this app doesn't follow the sales tax rules as defined within Shopify and can't be configured to correctly calculate taxes where more than one tax rate is required (which is common in the US).

Great looking app, very responsive technical support staff. But - it doesn't work correctly.

The Jolly Table Meals

This app is the worst thing that ever happened to us and our customers!! It is so buggy and honestly, should not be allowed in the Shopify developer ecosystem. Specific issues: the recurring billing is buggy. It fails to bill customers when it should. It doesn't show images for certain items loaded. It is tedious to manage - requires items are entered individually - try doing that for hundreds of items with variants which are treated as separate items. The box item selections are confusing. We never know what to expect. We should have known to stay away when the installation was problematic in the first place. If you value your customers and business, please stay away from this app. We are going back to the app we used previously (recharge). Let's not talk about the financial cost Bold has had on our business in terms of customer recovery.

Pure Life Filter

worst app in the world, cost me 1000000

Cozify

At first glance, everything seems to be working fine. BUT, there are some major issues you should take a look at before you start using Bold Recurring Orders.

1. Checkout process is a black box. You don't have a way to find our who interrupts the checkout process and why.
2. This is more critical! Bold changed something which broke triggering webhooks from Shopify. When you do things, you sometimes broke something, and that's fine. BUT, the issue is Bold support said I have to be in touch with Shopify reps to fix this!? Bold changed something which broke webhooks and they ask from their customer to deal this issue with Shopify!?!?

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Medicinalessentials

Too confusing. Need 3rd party for payment and order maintenance as well as having to install code on your web site.
Couldn't get time scheduled for a phone call for over a week.

Breadvillage

Their code screwed up my theme, the way it delivers pictures on the product pages. Despite multiple assurance from BOLD that their code "was uninstalled and could not possibly cause this issue", it turned out it was their fault, and they had failed to remove all code. Very unprofessional! They left me high and dry and lied to me. See below email from shopify support. Shopify had to fix BOLD's mess.

Maggie (Shopify)
Sep 11, 11:10 EDT
Hi Christian,
Thank you for your ongoing patience while our team looked into the issue.
The Theme Support Team responded back to me saying that it was in fact Bold's code that was causing the issue. They have commented out their code here: https://breadvillage.myshopify.com/admin/themes/184364488?key=sections/product-template.liquid&line=180 meaning that it should be working as intended now.
This might now cause the app not to work as intended. Theme Support has suggested that you will need to either revert your product-template.liquid file back to the beginning and use another app or reach out to Bold for more help. I'm honestly not sure myself how these things work, so I'm not sure how the Bold Team missed this, but I'm sure they might like to know in case it happens again.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks and have a good one.
Maggie
Shopify Guru
Contact Support 24/7

Jps Cosmetics

Sent numerous emails to bold, they never reply...

Plus their phone support is literally nonexistent...

Klatch Coffee Roasting

its buggy at times but overall works well. support team has been helpful too
(April 2017)

Honestly have at least one problem with Bold a week. I feel like we're losing customers every time because it is a problem for the customer. Not seamless.
(Sep 2019)

Looseleafteamarket

I'm fed up with this app. It does not display the subscription option on the product page for all the variants for a product. I also can't see which products are already added to a subscription so I'm lost on what I've added and what I haven't. Support is also spotty. I need another solution unless they can get it together. I do see that lots of people love the app so apparently it works well for some. But my experience has been frustrating and kind of terrible.

Thebeautyshop Ch

Very misleading. The 1% TRANSACTION FEE was not displayed by the pricing on the shopify app store.