Bold Subscriptions

Bold Subscriptions

by BOLD

Top-rated Subscription Box, Recurring Orders & Payments App

The Vintage Beard Company

So far it seems to be working properly. I am waiting on a couple of issues to get fixed by support so that the subscription widget displays more neatly on my site. Also, for some reason the %off for pre-paying in advance does not display correctly to the customer when they select longer frequencies to obtain a lower discount. One of the other downsides is that customers have to leave their account on your website to go to an external site to manage their orders. Lastly, and the biggest reason I am giving a 3 star, is that it would be nice to have a simple function to charge the customer full price for the 1st subscription, and then give a nice discount for their 2nd and ongoing orders. This would help ween out a lot of those folks that just signup for the initial discount and then cancel a week later claiming they signed up by accident. If support pulls thru on those other two issues and they make the app a bit functional towards a variety of ways to setup, then I may bump my rating up a star or so... Overall though, I do see where this app is something I want to continue using because I have set my current orders up in a way that I think will bring good steady revenue, as I have had some success in the past with similar apps.

Iceberg Coffee

This was a solid app but it wasn't for me. Support was OK the first time, then it trailed off.

I would definitely recommend it.

Insurancedirect123

The app is great however It has to be easier to install for the non-tech savvy.

Comicpop

The app works fairly well, and customers will buy through it. I do have two issues.

1. Tech support is great when you sign up and need the code installed. After that, it is slow and practically non-responsive. This has always been a gripe of mine at Bold.

2. The control panel is confusing to customers, and they cannot make changes to their subscription. If they can, they don't know how and neither do I.

Everything else is pretty good. The app does what it says and is well thought out. I have been able to build a subscription customer base with this app.

Drink La Vie

THIS APP DID NOT WORK FOR US - UNDERSTAND ITS LIMITATIONS BEFORE INSTALLING.

I've upgraded my 1-star review after finally talking to the developer.

Know that after the initial order, every recurring order will default to select the cheapest available shipping method, regardless of which shipping method the customer chose. For us this was a mess -- it was creating orders for local pickup 2 states away from where the customer lives, because that method happened to be free.

The app looks great and they said they're working to resolve the issue, but unfortunately we can't wait -- we've lost long-time customers over the mixups. We have to go back to ReCharge -- it has less features but their Customer Support was fast and excellent. I do believe Bold Apps will ultimately get this issue resolved, but ask them first if you have concerns.

1 3 Next