Bold Subscriptions

Bold Subscriptions

by BOLD

#1 Ranked Subscription Box, Recurring Orders & Payments App

Medicinalessentials

Too confusing. Need 3rd party for payment and order maintenance as well as having to install code on your web site.
Couldn't get time scheduled for a phone call for over a week.

Breadvillage

Their code screwed up my theme, the way it delivers pictures on the product pages. Despite multiple assurance from BOLD that their code "was uninstalled and could not possibly cause this issue", it turned out it was their fault, and they had failed to remove all code. Very unprofessional! They left me high and dry and lied to me. See below email from shopify support. Shopify had to fix BOLD's mess.

Maggie (Shopify)
Sep 11, 11:10 EDT
Hi Christian,
Thank you for your ongoing patience while our team looked into the issue.
The Theme Support Team responded back to me saying that it was in fact Bold's code that was causing the issue. They have commented out their code here: https://breadvillage.myshopify.com/admin/themes/184364488?key=sections/product-template.liquid&line=180 meaning that it should be working as intended now.
This might now cause the app not to work as intended. Theme Support has suggested that you will need to either revert your product-template.liquid file back to the beginning and use another app or reach out to Bold for more help. I'm honestly not sure myself how these things work, so I'm not sure how the Bold Team missed this, but I'm sure they might like to know in case it happens again.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks and have a good one.
Maggie
Shopify Guru
Contact Support 24/7

Jps Cosmetics

Sent numerous emails to bold, they never reply...

Plus their phone support is literally nonexistent...

Klatch Coffee Roasting

its buggy at times but overall works well. support team has been helpful too
(April 2017)

Honestly have at least one problem with Bold a week. I feel like we're losing customers every time because it is a problem for the customer. Not seamless.
(Sep 2019)

Looseleafteamarket

I'm fed up with this app. It does not display the subscription option on the product page for all the variants for a product. I also can't see which products are already added to a subscription so I'm lost on what I've added and what I haven't. Support is also spotty. I need another solution unless they can get it together. I do see that lots of people love the app so apparently it works well for some. But my experience has been frustrating and kind of terrible.

Thebeautyshop Ch

Very misleading. The 1% TRANSACTION FEE was not displayed by the pricing on the shopify app store.

Red Velvet Nyc

I wish I could give this app a better rating but I can't - 0/5 at this point. This app is fine if you have a handful of customers. When you have 100 or more, you're in BIG trouble. There is no way to make a change to the order billing date for more than 1 customer at a time. That's right - you have to click in and out of customer profiles so many times to make a very basic change. This makes for a time consuming activity, where you will spend HOURS and HOURS adjusting one customer's billing settings at a time. I've requested a feature to change the billing/order date for more than one customer many times and I get ignored. I pay about $100 a month ON TOP OF the already flat rate because I have so many subscribers. I spend HOURS and hours adjusting billing dates, based on new subscriber imports, which is just terrible. I have asked very nicely that a basic feature like this be installed. Instead, I have been ignored and told I need to pay additional fees for something like this. Something as basic as a bulk/mass change should be included in a VERY expensive app. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Curls And Confidence

I have been using this app for two years, It was not properly installed but since my subscription list has been built on it, I cannot switch over without losing my list. It has been my greatest issue in terms of my business. I am a subscription box but they have me under the reoccurring product APP. I need assistance with my new upgrade. I have spoken to their support team but they have not been able to assist me. Why am I paying for an app that doesn't do what I need it to do? I am sincerely stuck when it comes to BOLD, because it does not do what I need it to, and I get laughed at when I call for support. All I need is an app that gives me a section to offer my clients to sign up for the subscription box and bill them. They need to be able to choose 3 boxes, 6 boxes, or 1 year. Not subscribe and save on the same product.

Mama Zeds Homestead

Had previously thought that this would be a fantastic app - how wrong I was! Have had nothing but install issues, server crashes and outages where they cannot explain why the app is not working. Was told this morning it could take a couple of days to fix the app on my site through something that has happened on their side, NOTHING I have done. I launch a subscription box business in a few days so naturally, waiting for them to figure out what could be wrong and MAYBE fix it is not an option. Sorry guys, can't wait around on an unreliable app, going elsewhere.

Credible Foods

Here is why this app is worth a 1 star rating.

I installed the app 3 weeks ago after reading endless 5 star reviews. As a fellow Canadian company I was excited to support an app built in Canada. This is what I experienced.

After first installing the app I had a problem with the orders not going to the recurring order checkout. I contacted support and was told that someone would take a look at it. I received an email back informing me that everything was fixed. It wasn't. I contact support again and let them know I was still having a problem with the orders not showing up properly in the shopping cart. I was told that they would fix the issue and make my store a seamless experience. That didn't happen. While they did fix the issue of the CURRENT products going to the correct shopping cart, any new product I created would still go to the Shopify cart. I decided to call the support and was told that someone would contact me later that night or the next morning. That has not happened (it is now day 3). I have had to delay my store opening by 2 weeks already and am now facing a third week.

Throughout this time I have been sent emails pandering for me to leave a positive review, starting when I first downloaded the app and hadn't even used it. The fact that you beg for positive reviews should have been a red flag and explains why you currently have a 5 start rating in Shopify apps.

I will happily be uninstalling the app this week and look forward to working with recharge for my recurring subscription needs. This entire experience has been awful.