Bold Subscriptions

Bold Subscriptions

by BOLD

Subscription Box, Recurring Orders & Payments for Shopify

Coffeephilia

Be careful, if you try the app and you do not like it and then remove it, their files will stay stuck to your website until they remove it for you and they are not really very helpful when you want to leave them and not use their app.
Their app is not efficient, rather a very basic one you can find anywhere for free. I warn you to stay away from them.

Valiant Coffee

Support and communication with developers massively lacking.

I've been using this app for 3 years and all of a sudden, WITHOUT NOTIFICATION, they changed my plan and started charging commissions on my subscription setup. VERY DISAPPOINTED and would not recommend these developers as they do not notify customers regarding changes in their policies and charges. Do not download.

Securetip

I have been trying to use this app with my shop. Tech support has been non responsive via email and there is no way to contact someone via telephone. I will not and cannot recommend this app due to the poor tech support.

Mindful Chef

DO NOT USE THIS APP. Inventory forecasting does not work, which will cause you total chaos. Has cost us thousands - you have been warned.

Cloudstop

Only works with stripe and braintree, both of which done support my products. Cant use the app.

Barks Bunnies

Even more disappointed and uninstalled.

We're writing this review having been a Bold apps user for nearly two years and having received good customer support until we met 'Recurring orders' Unfortunately the customer support we received was awful and its at times like this you get to know what a company is really like.

After 2.5 weeks and being told two time the app installation was all good we uninstalled the app.

The final nail in the coffin was the fact we could add a product to our cart and it showed the correct price, if you removed it and then added it again the app included it in your cart at a much lower randomly generated price!! quite an issue! We were advised by Kevin we would have to wait even longer for a fix and there may be some cache issue but it could be shopify or bold apps. We didnt even get an apology for the delay or an indication of how long it would take to be fixed, so we gave up.

After spending 30 minutes removing all the code we installed we then visited the app store and installed another subscription app, we didnt have two hours of copying and pasting code, just a press of the 'install' button and hey presto we were up and running. We even emailed their support team for a few custom tweaks and they were done instantly. Now thats what i call customer support!

The two experiences were at completely opposite ends of the spectrum. We will certainly be thinking twice about using any more Bold apps, which is a real shame.

ORIGINAL 1 STAR REVIEW :

Exceptionally disappointed.

We fired in a email to support as our theme code is a little different to the instructions, having installed 95% of the code. We requested a call with Kevin who looked at the issue and advised it would be fixed by 31st August at the latest. Sadly the fix didnt arrive.

After several emails over the last week and 1.5 hours on chat to Bold last night we got an email overnight saying the issue (subtotal showing zero on cart page) was all fixed and we were good to to. Excitedly we turned our test product subscription back on to find it still isnt fixed, so ive sent in yet another email.

We are now two weeks into our trial period and still cant use the app.

We purchased our first Bold app about a year ago and have been coming back as the support at that time was fantastic, like the apps we have already. However in recent months it has been very poor and questions and issues have taken a long time to get fixed.

Www Amsterdamjuices Com

This used to be a great company as far as support. They installed this, claimed it was 100% and even set to my style... Obviously not, and anyone could have seen that by just looking at the page. Request after request, canned response after canned response. I will NOT be recommending these guys any longer, I am embarrassed that I ever did!

Raw Dog Hawaiʻi

I depend on this app for $400k a year of business. They charge a monthly fee plus a percentage of sales. Their support is painfully slow, they fail to copy Shopify support on their replies, and their half-thought out answers are poor at best. I really want to love Bold Apps, I do. But your support is shallow and fails to even begin to look at the entirety of a ticket and replies with a Tier one level response. You are the sole reason I'm moving my business away from Shopify. Love Shopify, you guys, not at all.

Juicerville, USA

Sorry to say that we are very unimpressed here. Developers say that we can't use the app because we have some unusual third-party shipping solution. Eh what? If using UPS, USPS and Fedex shipping rate calculators is unusual, then I guess we can exclude a big chunk of shopify stores from this app right away. Combine that with the inability to go through checkout with a discount, which is also very standard.

We spent a lot of time integrating this app only to find out that simple checkout stuff does not work. The reply from Kevin at support was in essence that there's nothing to do about it. Boldapps put out a lot of great apps and we use several of them, but this one was pushed out too soon.

Think twice about this app unless perhaps you enter shipping rates manually or have flat shipping rates for your products.

Herbal Tea Direct

Really poor worst experience. Staff initially took 3 or 4 weeks back and forth as they would not test anything then the founder contacted me and they offered to assist again. Another 4 weeks on and still not functioning and customers complaining. Now they will not reply and assist in removing the app and changes they have made. The app is full of bugs and does not work with Mobilia Theme. This is a real shame because the concept of the app is good, sadly too many bugs at this stage.