Bold Subscriptions

Bold Subscriptions

by BOLD

#1 Ranked Subscription Box, Recurring Orders & Payments App

Bent Hook Outfitters

Sorry but customer support has not gotten back to me.

Krill Heart

I liked this app a lot when I first began using it! It has a great interface and is fairly intuitive. It also has pretty solid customization options for creating a variety of subscription packages.

But a rather annoying issue came up recently- I had a customer call me for the first subscription order I ever received over the phone. Most customers usually order online. She really didn't feel like placing it on the site, so I was happy to help her place the order over the phone.

I went into the back-end of my Shopify site, as suggested by Shopify for placing phone orders (placing a high volume of orders through the front end of your site can cause it to be flagged, as all of those sales end up being tied to one IP address). After I placed, fulfilled, and shipped the order, I noticed it did not come up in the Bold Recurring Orders app. I chatted with them shortly after, only to find out that manually entering orders into the back-end of Shopify does not communicate with their application. Mind you, the product I sold was a pure subscription-only product. This was something I was certainly not expecting, and made me lose some confidence in the app.

Long story short, I ended up being left out to dry and was only able to charge my customer's card one time for one month of a recurring subscription she was very excited to receive. There is no remedy for orders placed this way through this Bold app- and it made my company look bad in my opinion. It's quite an embarrassing phone call to make. Luckily, I just started running AdWords campaigns around my subscription offer- or else this issue could have scaled massively.

I hope someone reads this and is able to avoid the annoying situation I am currently dealing with! I might switch apps, depending on the quantity of phone orders I get for my krill oil subscription going forward. If you don't plan on getting phone orders, this app should work quite well for your store!

Good luck :)

www.krillheart.com

Beastro

Think about it twice before using this app. Horrendous support! No support staff available on weekends so if something goes wrong with their system (which is very glitchy to begin with) too bad for the customer. Their system failed this past weekend so no recurring orders were processed. I was unable to reach anybody until the following Monday, missing on a very large chunk of revenue. They fail to understand that companies depend on their product and do not take responsibility for the performance of their software.

Randys Attack System Wrestling

So far this is a complete piece of shit. I'd have given it 0 stars if I could've.

Mysani

The login rarely worked for customers. Customer service was unhelpful. Overall waste of money. I should add this has gone on for months with little assistance.

Coffeephilia

Be careful, if you try the app and you do not like it and then remove it, their files will stay stuck to your website until they remove it for you and they are not really very helpful when you want to leave them and not use their app.
Their app is not efficient, rather a very basic one you can find anywhere for free. I warn you to stay away from them.

Valiant Coffee

Support and communication with developers massively lacking.

I've been using this app for 3 years and all of a sudden, WITHOUT NOTIFICATION, they changed my plan and started charging commissions on my subscription setup. VERY DISAPPOINTED and would not recommend these developers as they do not notify customers regarding changes in their policies and charges. Do not download.

Securetip

I have been trying to use this app with my shop. Tech support has been non responsive via email and there is no way to contact someone via telephone. I will not and cannot recommend this app due to the poor tech support.

Mindful Chef

DO NOT USE THIS APP. Inventory forecasting does not work, which will cause you total chaos. Has cost us thousands - you have been warned.

Cloudstop

Only works with stripe and braintree, both of which done support my products. Cant use the app.