Bold Subscriptions

Bold Subscriptions

by BOLD

Subscription Box and Recurring Orders App for Shopify

Quince and Co

This app has one job: Facilitate subscriptions. We launched our subscription service yesterday morning. Many customers were charged multiple times, some up to five. Many are justifiably furious at us. First Bold tried to blame the merchant account, then Shopify, and now they just won't call us back or email us. They have offered no solutions. Basically a shrug of the shoulders is what we've received. Complete joke.

Doer CBD

This app doesn't uninstall from your site/theme cleanly. Leaves a ton of code embedded and if you delete the remaining files from the "snippets" area it will break your site. Piss poor would be my rating, a good developer wouldn't leave garbage from their app on your site if you wanted to remove it.

New Alpha Nutrition

Absolutely awful. An error with this app meant that my customers were charged again and again for no reason. Took ages to resolve. Meanwhile because of this my chargeback percentage went up to 10% for two months. Customer Service very slow to resolve with no definitive resolution, months in. Disasterous app.

Xanitys

TRASH. WAITED DAYS for them to even install it. Then issues within the App and trying to add Stripe, very glitchy and sketchy. Had to refill in a LONG info required section 5 TIMES. ALL TO FIND OUT, THE SUBSCRIPTION STILL DOESN'T EVEN SHOW UP ON THE PRODUCT.

THEN TO TRY TO CONTACT CUSTOMER SUPPORT, AND NO RESPONSE NOR IS THEIR "LIVE CHAT" LIVE. ITS ALWAYS OFFLINE.

WASTE OF TIME, AND RUINING MY SET SCHEDULE RELEASE DATE. THANKS A LOT BOLD!!!

Clever Owl Paper

I set this app up to create subscriptions. I've used BOLD apps before and I know they are a pain and never display the way you want them to but thought I'd give it a try anyways. After getting everything set the way I wanted, I realized it had completely altered some other settings within my site - specifically within the cart. The product images were gone and replaced with hyperlinks. Product prices and totals were also gone. I deleted the app and spent the next hour fixing everything this app messed up. The app itself doesn't do what I want it to do and although it offers a 90 day trial, there is no way I'd pay the ridiculous price this app has after that trial. Its frustrating to use and set up. It's lacking features (as most Bold apps are). Just DON'T!

Silverberry Genomix

Your support is responding to our request in a very unprofessional way and it is awful. Paul seems just want to get rid of the ticket by sending some vague instructions.

How can we get someone to actually help us with our request?

Smart Wax Lab

Destroyed my store. Broke multiple buttons, asked bold to uninstall it from my code but they refused and instead RE-INSTALLED it. Bulky store-interrupting code is not removed when you delete their app. Had to give them staff access (for the code uninstall they did not do) and they did not fix my buttons their code broke and they uninstalled another unrelated app that I had running abusing their admin powers.

Reset360

I think its inhumane to not give all of your customers the live chat option within their account. Just the fact that these customers are relying on customer support and we are making customers suffer because your company doesn't want to offer live chat to help figure things out unless you are paying a large amount.

Ten Dollar Coffee

Disappointed to find that this app doesn't follow the sales tax rules as defined within Shopify and can't be configured to correctly calculate taxes where more than one tax rate is required (which is common in the US).

Great looking app, very responsive technical support staff. But - it doesn't work correctly.

The Jolly Table Meals

This app is the worst thing that ever happened to us and our customers!! It is so buggy and honestly, should not be allowed in the Shopify developer ecosystem. Specific issues: the recurring billing is buggy. It fails to bill customers when it should. It doesn't show images for certain items loaded. It is tedious to manage - requires items are entered individually - try doing that for hundreds of items with variants which are treated as separate items. The box item selections are confusing. We never know what to expect. We should have known to stay away when the installation was problematic in the first place. If you value your customers and business, please stay away from this app. We are going back to the app we used previously (recharge). Let's not talk about the financial cost Bold has had on our business in terms of customer recovery.

Previous 1 3 4