Bold Subscriptions

Bold Subscriptions

by BOLD

#1 Ranked Subscription Box, Recurring Orders & Payments App

Majestic Fusion Hookahs

Their customer service is Terrible ! .....It is ridiculous how long it takes to get some proper assistance. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS APP !!!

The Rotten Fruit Box

We feel we have to update our review as the app has clearly deteriorated. We upgrade to the $399.00 a month plan to "integrate" with Bold Cashier (and this integration doesn´t work as advertised). Now we are seeing a HUGE increase with on the failed subscription transactions because the shipping address is invalid. An issue we had already communicated since Bold Cashier is not requiring customers in certain countries to enter the zip code when checking out. For $400 plus other fees, the app should work perfectly, and unfortunately, they don´t allow you to downgrade back to your original plan.

Vitallea

Not even worth 1 star. I would not recommend this app. The customer service is bad, they are not able to assist and they take days to reply or solve just a simple task. The setup process is a nightmare, and there are no clear instructions on what to do once you have the app installed. You can't even customize the simple things for look and feel of the app itself.

Craft & Culture - Kombucha, Kefir & Probiotics Singapore

I've used BOLD for a long time now and ran into an issue where a customer was not able to add new items to her subscription. I opened a ticket, where I was asked to jump through hoops and make a purchase on my account and provide log in details--The testing payment gateway did not work.

After several emails and several days later, the service personnel simply provided a generic message of how my pricing was dynamic and this issue could not be done and left it that way. I am displeased because of the low level and lack of professional support I got as a longtime paying customer. My issue still exists and No action or suggestions were made on how I could resolve this problem.

The fact that customers cannot add new items to their subscriptions with dynamic pricing is a legitimate and very important flaw in the app. Kindly improve on this or I'll have no choice but to consider other subscription apps in the future for my store.

amirisu

It worked for a while, then many subscription orders started to go through without Bold, and it's been a mess. We cannot figure out why Bold works for some orders and doesn't for others.

bighammerwines.com

Pretty broken. They want to take a percentage of all sales. The support is god awful. And, the on-boarding process has been nothing short of a nightmare. Really, really bad. Stay away.

Comandado

I'll start with what doesn't work.

1. Although Stripe is listed as a payment gateway option, it does not work for Stripe Mexico. After contacting Bold support, the answer was: We can't do anything, fix it with Stripe.

2. They have announced that it is possible to integrate the Zapiet app. But they don't mention that it doesn't work for the meal box model. They also have no other option to manage local deliveries. After contacting the support, the answer was: We cannot solve it, you should see it with Zapiet.

3. I needed a report with all the options selected by the clients in their meal boxes. Well, when contacting support they told me that something like this didn't exist. However, after searching a little more, I found the report by myself.

4. Recurring subscription charging does not work at all. For it to work it is necessary to deactivate the CVC / CVV request in my payment gateway. But my payment gateway requires that this JSON request be made from Bold in a specific way. After contacting the support, guess what the answer was: We can't do anything, you should see it with your provider.

In short, I can't receive payments and I can't plan deliveries either.

It works? Well, at first it looks functional, but it's not.

Bartesian

This app constantly locks if you are not the account holder making it impossible to manage the setting and configurations if not the account owner of the shopify business. This is terrible if you're a business that uses other people that manage the app. I've been talking back and forth with tech support, first they said it was a shopify issue, they can't unlock it, and they can't figure out their apps issue.

Black Lava Vape

I would not recommend this app. The customer service is pleasant, but frustratingly not able to assist. I really wanted this app to work, but the setup process is a nightmare, and there is/are no clear instructions on what to do once you have the app installed. If you have a lot of inventory, you can't use subscription, only recurring cart. Which you can get for a fraction of what Bold subscription is from other apps.

December 9, 2019

Hello there. I'm so sorry that you were unhappy with the service our team provided to you, despite being pleasant. I took a look at the correspondence between you and our team, and it looks like there was some confusion with the links.

We have more information on our different types of cart modes within the app, however I can see this being a useful help center document as well. You certainly are not limited to one type of cart mode! I think it was just suggested to make things easier for you, as setting up many subscription groups can get a bit convoluted.

Our Help Center is definitely the best way to get step-by-step instructions on how to get the app up and running. If you wanted to give the app another try, one of our app specialists can set up a time to speak with you over the phone and work with you on getting the app set up.

Please let us know if this is something you'd be interested in.

keystonemoderncreative

I really wanted this app to work but with at 18 step installation process that makes no sense at step 3 (Add something that doesn't exist and click the Continue button that also does not exist) is ridiculous. Tried chat and they were not able to help either. There was no way that I could make it work or use it online.

November 25, 2019

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review; it helps us evaluate where things need to change. I'm very sorry you had a poor experience with us, and I understand you have decided to go with a different app, which we completely understand and respect, as you need to do what's best for your business.

Regarding the in-app verifier you were utilizing, there is an option that says "Next Step" which would skip over the Build-a-Box test setup since you weren't on a plan with that feature. I have spoken with the product manager, to look into making this language more clear, however.

I see that a couple of our app specialists reached out - I wanted to apologize that one of the responses was not answering what you had asked about. However, it looks like Alora was able to provide you with some documentation that would help make the setup more clear.

Again, my apologies that this was not something that you found helpful. We hope that you have continued success with your new app, and should you ever want to try Bold Subscriptions again, we can look at having one of our specialists work more closely with you to get the app set up properly.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7