Bold Subscriptions

Bold Subscriptions

by BOLD

#1 Ranked Subscription Box, Recurring Orders & Payments App

Clothes Doctor

The app is malfunctioning on our store and we've had no response from our urgent support request two days ago, despite Shopify also contacting them. Very disappointed. It is an expensive app so would expect top class customer service when we need it, especially for a major problem like this.

Zach's Pet Shop

The app is very complex with limited support, the self serve articles all lead to 404 errors. the support team take 3-5 days to reply just to tell you that you are stupid.

It was difficult to customise the app widget to match your store due to the way they store the CSS in the cookies, refreshing your browser does not allow the widget appearance to refresh and you need to force the refresh via a code change.

The code slows down the website alot and google views this negatively... in the google search console there were a number of errors casused by this app.

Their code broke my Afterpay widget, after contacting support they advised that i was stupid and their team had confirmed that their code was not affecting my afterpay widget when i even explained that the base theme without their code works however they just simply dismissed this.

Customers can only pay with credit card which is a barrier to sale.

The app has great potential, however the support is poor for an app that is quite expensive. If you have 5 products then this app might be for you but for larger sites this app is not suitable.

I have been in business for over 3 years with close to 4,000 SKU's so please do not install this app if you have a successful medium to large business.

Briit Botanicals

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!! I refunded the customer and she never got her refund. Bold claims that that can't find the refund. Neither can shopify. So now I am out the money, and my customer never recieved her refund. Bold was no use helping track down the refund that THEY lost. DO NOT USE THIS PLATFORM.

Zen Donkey Farms

I normally only leave great reviews, but this app has caused so many problems for my business, that I'm hoping this detail helps someone else avoid an expensive mistake. I've spent thousands of dollars and countless hours trying to fix Bold's inability to integrate with other apps, not to mention a complete inability to get a human on the phone that can make decisions and drive progress. This is particularly frustrating because the sales person that set my company up with the app promised integration with my other key apps. As a small and charitable organization, this app's negative impact runs deep, and I don't want this to happen to others! My advice: avoid this app for your subscription needs until they've fixed their many integration issues! I've heard great things about some of their other apps and hope someone is working now to fix their subscription product issues.

ShopShirt.com

Worst support ever! without the support this app is useless (especially when simple features are not working at all)

We advise you to stay away from "Bold" "Subscription" - save your business from this damage and run away.

Little Moo Organics

Never works!! I am always having issues with the add to cart button, the manage subscription button, its always causing problems

Ginsonline

The support for the app is really bad. You can't start a chat, and through email you need way to long. I haven't received an answer on my mails

PlanetCare's microfibre filters

We are using Bold Subscriptions with Bold Cashier and strongly advise against using this apps. We setup a shop a year ago and everything was working fine, but in the last months more and more bugs are appearing and things that were working since the beginning stop working for no apparent reason. We are experiencing:
- failed orders (unknown reason)
- wrong tax calculations
- order confirmations being sent to existing customers for no apparent reason **

We are spending a lot of time dealing with customers complaining about our shop not working properly and we have nothing to tell them! And what's worse, their support has become practically useless, typically we wait for several days before someone even starts handling a ticket and we have some tickets open for weeks without a clear answer. All while listening to angry customers and loosing money.

All in all, very disappointed and frustrated as switching to another app without bothering all the customers is nearly impossible.

(**) Update 2020-08-25 Our customers (and other stores are experiencing this, too!!) are receiving order confirmations for orders they didn't place - (support says this is a "major priority for developers") - now 14 days and counting

Science IRL

If there was a 0 star that would be it... THIS DOESN'T work as the tutorials say it does, the phone support is broken, there is NO live chat support, and they take 3-5 days to respond to emails.

Don't waste your time!

Truly Fresh Grocery Deliveries

Non negotiable fee of 1% of each transaction. Definitely not worth it if you are selling with high volumes, it would completely be cheaper on woo commerce or a similar platform. They also reply to emails with prewritten responses and don't care about you or your store. They're basically parasites, would 1000% not recommend.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8