Bold Subscriptions

Bold Subscriptions

by BOLD

Subscription Box, Recurring Orders & Payments for Shopify

Garno - En anderledes garnshop

Stay away from this app. They state they support different gateways, but really they don't. They use a feature within the gateway to save creditcard information, but the problem is, often the gateway still wants the CVC code, so the recurring subsciption fails, and it will cost you a lot of money. Then you think, well i can just switch to stripe, which is well supported by bold, but no Bold Clearly don't want to deal with the problems, they promised 3 days to port the customers.... This has now been going on for 3 months, and bold doesn't do anything to get the problem solved. If you don't write them litteraly all the time, they will just forget about it, and hope someone magically solves the problems for you, because they aren't interested in helping... There exists a ROTTEN culture within BOLD, and the internal comunications. And suddely someone else writes you, and you can waste time trying to explain to this guy all over again, what you have tried to explain the first guy in weeks... I cant seem to get them to help me...

September 27, 2019

Hello there. I just wanted to start off by saying thank you for leaving us this review, as it helps us understand where things need to be improved in our customer service processes. I'm very sorry you have had a poor experience with us thus far; that's certainly not how we aim to conduct ourselves with our merchants.

I have spoken with our migrations specialists to better understand what has been going on, and just wanted to let you know that we simply need you to contact your initial payment gateway provider in order to get the migration process started! We'll be able to get everything migrated for you as soon as you're able to reach out to them, as per the email that was sent yesterday.

Please get back to us ASAP once you have contacted them, as we'd love to get this sorted for you.

Tom's Truck

FALSE/MISLEADING ADVERTISING!!!
They advertise subscription boxes all over their front page and even in the title of the app, and yet you have to pay for the advanced level to access the major feature advertised. I would understand if they charged a slightly higher amount but an extra $170 USD (6 times more than base) for the feature marketed in the title is predatory and most would consider this to be misleading advertising.

On top of all this, they add their own transaction fee. This would be fine if they didn't charge you the ludicrous $200 a month.

I will fully admit their application has good functionality but the prices charged are not sustainable for a small business.

July 11, 2019

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us this review; we appreciate all feedback we get as it helps us evaluate and make decisions on what we need to do differently.

While our Build-a-Box functionality is a premium feature, we do have many merchants who have been able to create successful subscription boxes on their website using our base Subscriptions plan! It allows you to set up recurring orders that customers can easily manage on their own.

If you'd still like to give this a try, we'd love to help you set it up so it meets your business' needs! Please reach out to us and let us know if you'd like some assistance with this. If not, we completely understand and wish you all the best in the future.

Cali Tiger

Words cannot simply describe the poor service we have received from Bold. An experience like no other.

June 24, 2019

Hi there, I just wanted to sincerely apologize for the poor experience you had with us. We certainly want all of our merchants to have a great experience while using our apps and contacting support, and are very disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on that.

We have removed all of the Liquid code from our apps from your theme, and wish you the best of luck going forward!

ViandPet

Having the client not be able to update their address and they nor I have the ability to push their ship date to today before the actual ship time also creates an issue.

May 29, 2019

Hello there, I am very sorry that Bold Subscriptions hasn't been working to the best of its abilities. Our App Specialist, Harpreet, has reached out to you to help get things sorted! Please don't hesitate to reach out again if you have any more questions.

Christian Art Club

There is no clear way to cancel the subscription. It seems that you are unallowed. Helo me admin. I want to get out

May 28, 2019

Hi there, I'm very sorry that the instructions for cancelling the app were unclear! We hate to see you go, but we can certainly assist with the uninstall process if you'd like to move forward with this. Our App Specialist, Clifford, has reached out to assist with this.

snackbears

Gave their developer access but never login to check and fix the issue. Significant issues were found in the checkout and we cannot keep waiting and we have to push back our website going live because of their unprofessional behaviour.

May 7, 2019

We're very sorry to hear that you've had to push back your launch date due to checkout issues. We certainly don't like to hear that our merchants are experiencing difficulties with our apps and we sincerely want to do whatever we can to help. I believe our Product Expert, Scott, has reached out to you recently. We're looking forward to your response and would love to be able to get everything sorted for you!

Artemis Box

I've literally been transferred by about 4 developers here and every time something is fixed, something else comes up. All they do is apologize and don't really look into it fully. Now for my 3, 6 and 12-Month Subscriptions, I have a random "Prepay for your subscription" in the widget THAT WAS NOT THERE BEFORE and it's adding to a RIDICULOUS amount, only confusing my customers and preventing them from ordering a subscription on my store.

Not only that, because of the previous rep's mistake, my new subscriber's subscription ends after her third month because he had checked/unchecked the wrong thing prior to receiving her order.

What's going on, guys?! Maybe this review and rating will give me some urgency and some correctedness would be nice for once.

Not so "bold" after all...

May 28, 2019

Hello there! I'm very sorry to hear that Bold Subscriptions isn't running as smoothly as it should for your store . We really want to get this sorted out to ensure everything is working perfectly for you and how you expect it to. Our App Specialist, Oli, has reached out to you to help assist with this to make sure everything is perfect for you.

SOXESSORY

I want to write this review about bold as a company and how unprofessional they are. They charged me numerous times for product that does not work. All of their programs slow down your store that customers drop out. Their customer service is awful. They used my account as test platform. I allowed them, but it was invasive and for several weeks they were making modifications, using my account as test platform. This was so unprofessional. At the end I ended up canceling all their services, because nothing was ever fixed. There was no refund and nothing was ever appreciated! Stay as far away from this company.

PetProject.HK

We originally gave this app a 5-star review, but the Bold team has left me no choice but to leave a bad review...

This is Day 5 of our store not being able to process any recurring orders. The app worked fine before that until last weekend when all recurring orders started to have this error: "Order Creation failed for an unknown reason". The Bold team kept saying that the issue was fixed and asked us to wait to see if the recurring orders could be processed the next day. Here we are, 5th day waiting...

We have incurred significant losses as we relied on their response of the issue being "fixed" and shipped out the orders without receiving any payments.

Original 5-star review:
Very useful app. More importantly, awesome support team that is willing to help customize the look & feel and presentations etc. I use a few Bold apps and there are obvious limitations in compatability between the different Bold apps. No need to worry about that at all if you're not looking to combine and use a few of them, but if you are, the Bold Team has still been very helpful and upfront about the limitations, so you don't need to waste too much time figuring things out.

April 27, 2019

Thanks for the review! So glad to hear the Bold Subscriptions app has been useful for you and that you're enjoying several of our other apps as well. I'm really liking the way the subscription widget is styled on your product pages - happy we were able to help you out with that!

Alpha Outpost

Have been experiencing multiple issues with customers trying to update their CC information. This issue has been ongoing for 10 days. During our migration from another app, everything was great and unfortunately has taken a turn for the worse. Issues after issues, tickets after tickets. Will change this review once it's working correctly.

April 18, 2019

Thank you for the review; we're happy to help when it comes to migrating apps! If you have any questions about any features of Bold Subscriptions, we'd be more than happy to walk you through it.

Speak of which, your past subscription boxes look pretty cool!

Previous 1 3 4 5 6