Bold Subscriptions

Bold Subscriptions

by BOLD

#1 Ranked Subscription Box, Recurring Orders & Payments App

BBQ Box

Update: Bold has fixed the GA and Facebook tracking and it actually works now!

You still have to spend thousands to make the app work correctly and you can't even add tracking for ShareASale or Commission Junction without hiring a coder. Their only suggestion is that you use another affiliate program that is a self-service option and would be a joke compared to using a real affiliate program. We tried to explain that we have thousands of affiliates and they only suggest that we move them all to Refersion which makes no sense and would be against the terms of ShareASale as well as CJ.

I will raise to 5 stars if they will just fix the app and make it easier to add affiliate tracking code!

Interior Delights

I give 5 stars the customer service, but overall the app is a band aid for subscription use. Its a little confusing and we have had customers get double charged multiple times b/c there were rules that we didn't know about. Also they charge a fee per transaction on top of the credit card fees so it gets expensive.

Bean North Coffee Roasting Co. Ltd.

In the past BOLD has been very good to work with and the turnaround quick. Thanks for your previous excellent support BOLD.
Sadly, my recent experience has not been good. BOLD has left me hanging for almost 72 hours - the technician needed to do something to our store on Friday afternoon. I received an e-mail saying the problem was more complex and would take several hours and they would follow up. It is now Monday - 68 hours later - despite repeated followups on my end - I have had radio silence and my online store is a mess and is affecting my sales. I need a response BOLD. You're NOT responding to my ticket so I feel this is my only avenue currently. Regards.

Monette Naturals

Using emails for support has been frustrating. User friendly interface. However, my entire issue could have been answered or explained with a 3 to 5 minute conversation. Yet it’s been back and forth (due to follow ups) over several days using email support, which is frustrating.

December 18, 2019

Hi there. I'm very sorry you have found your experience with our support team to be frustrating so far - that's certainly not what we want our merchants to experience while working with us to resolve an issue.

I took a look at the correspondence and can completely understand your frustration - you made it clear that you had been using a certain setting, and it was looked over by at least one of our team members who suggested using that same setting.

One of our specialists, Alexa, has reached out to you this morning to set up a call. We hope you have some time to chat with us over the phone so we can better work on this with you!

Please let us know as soon as you can when we would be able to connect, so we can get things sorted for you once and for all.

The Black Seed Co

It's a hit and miss with Bold. This app is one of those, and I will happily change apps when I find a better alternative.
Main issues: Don't receive email notifications, and I can see other reviews complaining of the same thing, so obviously Bold trying to shift the blame onto 2 different email providers is rubbish.
No pause function, which is very misleading as they promote this feature on the app description and even have it as the default text on the subscription widget. So, pretty embarrassing when you advertise this to your customer and then find out it's not even a feature.

Boxsem

this app is what we need but the big problem coming from your Payment Gateways!!!!!
why we can not add other PSP than braintree and stripe????
find us a solution

March 27, 2019

Hi there, I wanted to apologize that we do not currently offer the payment gateway that you are using. Hopefully you will find our list of current providers sufficient in the interim, as we are always looking to add additional payment gateways.

Simtek Sensors

3.5 out of 5.

Solid product, good customer service.

However, we've had several issues with recurring orders not going through - even though it's setup correctly in the backend. Bold has had to manually make sure the orders recur, which is not good because it doesn't give us confidence that as we scale, this will be a reliable service.

Additionally, they only allow credit cards for recurring payments: No paypal, No apple pay or any of the dozens of other payment methods that users come to expect. Issuing refunds and issuing discounts and managing everything has to be done via their app, and not shopify. So if you have products that are not recurring, it create duplicative work and gets confusing.

At the end of the day this is a great option if you're just starting out and need to get a recurring revenue stream going. But, I'd hesitate to trust it if we're doing tens of thousands in MRR or ARR. That being said, if you get to that point it should be fairly trivial to build a robust system yourself anyway.

Akamai

This app probably works very well for a simple business that sells subscription boxes only. It is not as flexible as we need it to be for our business, which does a combination of subscription products and one time purchases. The reporting and analytics generated are insufficient to form business decisions - the data requires a lot of massaging - real reports would be a great bonus. The support has been very good. I don't know if it will suit our needs as we grow.

BrewHQ

Great app...when it works. We've had our one item used with this app that we want to sell pre-paid for a 1 year subscription revet to a regular product twice now. Because of this we have to email each customer who orders it with this error and have them reorder when the app is fixed. Keep an eye on your product listings when using this app.

Howyoubrewin

Yes i like the app. There seems to be a couple glitches using my Responsive theme. On the subscribe drop downs the number and week or month over lap each other. Also when starting a new subscription item or category it’s a little confusing when trying to use max number of recurring orders. It makes me choose that in order to do a gift option. otherwise s good feature.

Previous 1 3