Bold Subscriptions

Bold Subscriptions

by BOLD

Subscription Box and Recurring Orders App for Shopify

incentaHEALTH

We haven't launched yet, but the Bold app has been a great solution for our monthly subscription. The customer service through the chat feature has been really helpful to answer my answers quickly. Nir and Guri were able to help me change some styling on the page.

i Create Art Kit

Very helpful customer service. The recurring app is a little hard at first, especially if you have limited knowledge on some things. but with cs working with you, it does make it easier.

Nine Line Apparel

The Bold Recurring Billing Team (especially Leanne and Sean!) were incredibly helpful as we migrated to Shopify from our old ecommerce platform. They worked with us every step of the way to migrate our existing recurring billing subscribers, and helped find solutions when we encountered issues switching payment gateways, and with inaccurate data from our previous recurring app. They have continued to provide fast resolutions to issues as they arise, and are very open to feedback and suggestions.

Britten & Bailey's luxurious candles

I just started using the Bold app for my subscriptions and so far it has worked great. I will say sometimes the customer service hasn't really been as helpful as I needed, they told me the app couldn't do something when in fact I found out it actually can. Knowing that would have saved me some headache. (Only reason they didn't get five stars).

However, overall the app has been great so far. I recommend it.

Single Mom Mafia

I can't believe that I am going through this!!! ok Jay Myers you emailed me to give your app a review so here it is it took me 10 months of dealing with hundreds of people over seas as well as in the states, but for some reason now that I have launched our project your bold app was the only one that was able to bring me to tears. I must have 5 open tickets at this point and every single one comes back with a nice message saying we got you a ticket number and we are here to help, contact us with details so that we can further assist you, however I have yet to find a return email to continue the conversation. I keep getting errors to every email address to every person that says they are willing to help. Mel said she had some answers for my glitch and apparently send that message to a wrong email and when I reply to her it came back as an error same thing with Mitchelle who was so concerned with resolving my issues yet again no where to be found when I needed the help. Seems to me that this app should be called sign up and may God help you because your going to need it. Basically you guys are so darn busy with updating your auto reply emails and auto responses to all of life's questions, but for a NEW client who could potentially give you thousands of dollars in business you just ignore. So disappointing and FYI this is my only review I have ever left for an app I don't have time to sit here and write this shit, but you left me no choice enough is enough. Now if you can Have a actual human call me that would be much appreciated.

• UPDATE got a call from Paul from management a few min after this review and he scheduled Brett who helped with our Tech issues and went through each issue one by one with my programmer. I was going to delete this review, but I decided to update it and say that they actually did help the Client and followed up Now I can't say that about the original people who were trying to pass the buck along, except they cant possible image the stress you are under that moment when you are about to lose thousands of dollars but most of all lose your reputation as a company and to me its never about the money, more about the customer. Thank you Brett for the Help.

Conversatio Coffee Roasters

We are a startup company and really appreciate what Bold adds to our store. The customer service has been quick and very helpful! Thank you Bold! Keep growing!

The Bib Wine Company

No doubt that this is a pretty decent app with many capabilities. We had some real issues to begin with, as the weaknesses of individual modes weren't made clear (the marketing is pretty good but it hides a few shortfalls). The first line service wasn't great and it didn't seem like we'd get anywhere. However, once we got through to the right people the service was excellent and the advice much better. In fact they went out of their way to help resolve our issues. Julian, Brett and James all brilliant in the end hence why I'll upgrade to 4 stars barring any further issues. Difficult to choose a rating here, as it has gone from 1 star to really excellent service, but James, Brett and Julian have been excellent recently...

Granola For Gangsters

Very happy with the recurring orders & subscription app by Bold… it allows us to achieve a simple and easy-to-use option for our customers, and any small issues we've experienced have been dealt with swiftly and smoothly by the support team.

Our only gripe is that, visually, it doesn't look as slick as we might hope. But as a starting point for offering subscriptions it does what it needs to do… pimping is the next stage!

Teshuater

I am fairly new to this app and so far I am pretty satisfied with the ease of creating subscription options for my customers. I really like to the diversity in frequency of shipping with their option. I do have a bit of an issue with the coupon codes not seemig to sync between the app and the Shopify store, as we do offer % discounts as well as free shipping discount codes to certain customers. Overall, so far I am pleased with using the App for my company.

Roastedon

**Update: I have reduced my star rating from 5 to 4 based on: (1) customers not being able to pause subscriptions (just push the date out) and (2) not being able to see or follow up abandoned carts (I think this is possible with Cashier but not with just this App) and (3) there was at least a day when the cart simply wasn't working at all due to an unexpected Shopify update on the backend. Guidance for customers on how to log in and adjust subscriptions doesn't exist which is also a significant weakness - I see on Hotjar a lot of people struggling with this. The support staff are still exceptional and the App has allowed me to build a subscription business and so despite these weaknesses it still deserves 4 stars. **

Bold have repeatedly asked me to review the app, as do most developers, but I wanted to wait until I had a decent amount of experience with it, which I now do.

The app has great functionality and the team is fast to help. It's remarkable what you get for only $20 a month. I won't go into all the features - I think Bold's sales pitch does that pretty thoroughly!

The best thing you can get from reviews is knowing where the skeletons are. So that's what I'm going to do, but keep in mind this app is categorically a 5 star offering.

In the back end it feels like you have two stores, with parts of it syncing really well, and other parts being manual and sometimes clunky.

For example, I have found the process for deleting items from your store and then from the Bold's app difficult. There is a clear guide from Bold on how to do this, and it should be simple, but clicking the links in the app to fix issues with having deleted items on subscriptions often just ends up with the fix 'hanging' - much the same as the cursor on your Mac turns into a spinning colourful ball. I have found that if you leave it for hours it eventually works. I've brought this up with the team but haven't had success in getting them to understand the problem (they think that I'm not able to follow the steps, but I can, it's an issue of speed.)

Coupon codes don't sync between the app and the Shopify store. This isn't a huge deal for me as I'm not using hundreds of them. It's something to consider though if you are using a lot of coupon codes as depending on your business you may often be entering them all twice.

You also can't give a 0% or $0 discount with a coupon code like you can in Shopify. This may seem weird but there is a use case for it - you can sync Bold with Refersion (which is great), but if you want a referral code to only reward the referrer but not the buyer then you want the buyer to enter the code, have it trigger in Refersion but not discount the purchase price. The use case here is that if the Referral partner is a charity and the buyers are motivated to enter the code to help the charity and not to get a discount. This is a rare example, but still getting out in the open.

But again, this is a $20 app, and see all the cool stuff it does in Bold's description. It still easily gets 5 stars - the value for money is remarkable. I just want to add value in this review by telling you what they obviously won't.

I can't fault the functionality and flexibility in what you can do with subscriptions, in terms of having one off orders and subscriptions, having a mix etc etc, clearly described in Bold's sales pitch. It's all true and amazing.

The portal for the customer is functional, but without spending money on development (which at this point I can't afford) it does not bring any 'delight' to the customer. It does what it needs to do, but the user experience could do with some improvements. The first thing I would do is create a video that appears when the customer logs in for the first time which would show them what all the buttons do and how to use them. For example, of course the store owner knows that the customer can reduce the next order without reducing the following orders, but the customer doesn't know this. A tech savy person may work it out, others may just delete their subscription. So communicating the amazing flexibility of the software with the end user is a huge potential area of improvement. Polishing that portal up for out of the box users would also be great. It lacks beauty. Again, it's $20 a month. Perhaps they could have a second tier that costs more but has these additional features.

Be aware that there are loads of potential emails that can go to customers when different actions are triggered (such as a change in delivery date, qty, price, etc etc) and at some point early on you are going to want to invest a significant amount of time in customising those emails. The ability to customise them is a feature, but factor it into your planning.

The single biggest warning I will give to people considering this app is this: be clear about what you want to offer customers before you install it. Don't make my mistake. The app offers so much flexibility and functionality that it's easy to fall into the trap of thinking "whoa, I didn't even think about the ability to do that!". Before you know it you may start thinking about changing your business model because of what you can do with the app. This is dangerous territory - and a trap I've well and truly fallen into. A monthly subscription box is nice and simple. You can do WAY more than this with Bold's app. The question I have to keep asking myself is should I? Or am I falling in love with the technology and not the customers?

Previous 1 3 4 5 6