Referral Candy

Referral Candy

by ReferralCandy

Reward customers for referrals & watch the sales roll in

Funkits

I had high hopes for Referral Candy but the service was ineffective and and the customer service was disappointing.

Anywhere Wild

This app has great bones, but it leaves a lot to be desired.

PROS:
It is certainly a comprehensive app, with lots of control, lots of options and the setup and walkthrough process is spot on. Really great on that front.

CONS:
After getting the emails setup, getting the app installed and running, I went to examine the "pages" that my customer sees when they are engaging with the referral program. These pages are flat out ugly and it is embarrassing to send my customers to these pages. They honestly feel like an afterthought, like someone just slapped them together and went on their way. I take great care to make the entire experience of my ecommerce site look nice and function nice. To add this on completely destroys that. I stopped using the app for this very reason. I simply cannot send customers to pages that look as awful as these do. They do offer you the ability to fully code and customize the layout of these pages, but for a non-techinical site owner, this is a monumental task that would involve hiring a knowledgable developer to do. Just like Shopify offers nice looking default free themes for their stores, ReferralCandy needs to do the same for these pages. I may return to this app if they fix the layout of these pages, but for now I will be using something different.

Misformake

Wasn't very successful for me, the most frustrating part was being hounded with emails from them, had to ask them to stop!

Savvyrow

$149 a month if you want to use your own HTML templates for the emails that the app sends to customers. The standard 'free' templates are very basic with very few options. Discount code limitations mean that you can either have full automation or adequate fraud prevention, but not both. Very high fees for what is basically an automated email dispatch system.