Blockify ‑ Fraud IP Blocker

Blockify ‑ Fraud IP Blocker

From $3.49/month. 3-day free trial.
Rating (4.5)
Developer
4.5
December 5, 2022

I used this app to help me to block Bots, because they were still visiting my site, and I never saw where I could block a particular city. Although the owner, would send me a video, it did not match the same as on the site. After the owner attempts to help me three times, she stopped, she stopped responding, and the time span to respond to me was the time difference, she is in another country.

Dignified by Denise
Time spent using app: 3 months
Omega replied December 5, 2022

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your feedback, and I’m sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience.

I apologize on behalf of everyone at Omega. We know that dealing with Bots is very essential to protect your site, but we are also aware that we can’t control how the Shopify platform needs the website to be fully loaded before allowing the app to work, therefore, you can sometimes still see the traffics from blocked IPs/Countries when actually they have been blocked a few second after getting to the site, and will not be able to view or take any action on your store.

We also apologize for the late follow-up we have with your case. As you can see from other reviews, we are known for caring deeply about our customers. We can’t fix the past but we will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure the app is still working well with your store.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. I’m very sorry we failed to meet your expectations. I hope you will give us another chance so you can get the kind of excellent experience we’re known for.

The Omega support team

Edited November 15, 2022

The customer service with this app is horrible if I could rate 0 stars I would. I had a chat with a rep by the name Lynn and she was very unprofessional. She even sent a crying laughing emoji after I asked can I block a customer by full name with the IP address. I am very upset and disappointed with the poor customer service and of course she doesn't care because this isn't her company nor will it affect her paycheck, A rep name Rosie reached and tried to correct things, but once I told her that Lynn was very unprofessional and I recently lost a loved one and just want to put the matter behind me; and asked for assistance with deleting my account she started antagonizing. Rosie proceeded to say, 'You seem to be going through it these days." after I asked for assistance with deleting my account. So, I politely asked for assistance again and Rosie replied, "You're having a rough day." I thought If I simply deleted the app I would be billed for the services, which is why I continued to ask for assistance. After asking Rosie for assistance a third time she finally told me how to delete my account. It sucks my experience was horrible, because I was looking forward to paying for the services and referring other businesses as well.

A Splash Of Daisy LLC
Time spent using app: About 1 hour
Omega replied November 15, 2022

Hi,

Thank you for writing a review, I sincerely appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with our support service, that's not what we like to hear. Your business means a lot to us, we appreciate any feedback from you, it will help us to build and improve our service.

If you ever have additional feedback, please don't hesitate to email us at contact@omegatheme.com

Omega Customer Support team

October 27, 2022

Has hidden upsell that do not say so until after installed. The photo says it come with the feature until you try to use it.. Bad juju.

TheFUN® Mall™
Time spent using app: 15 minutes
Omega replied October 27, 2022

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate your feedback, and I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience using our app.

On behalf of myself and everyone I work with, we take customer reviews seriously, and hearing that the feature did not meet your expectation is never what we want to hear. I've shared your review with the dev team, and we would love for you to come back so we can get our team to check specifically your case. If you're interested in coming in again, please contact us at contact@Omegatheme.com to set it up.

I appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again soon!

The Omega Customer support team

March 17, 2021

not working on IP blocking or redirect.. tried with my own ip... not working on IP blocking or redirect.. tried with my own ip...

SOHO GRIT
Time spent using app: 21 minutes
Omega replied March 18, 2021

Hello there!

Thanks for taking your precious time to let us know about your experience.
Could you please reinstall the app so that we can check the issue for you?
Our app can block static IP addresses, for the dynamic ones, our app cannot control as it keeps changing all the time.
We tried to contact you when we received your feedback but haven't received any responses yet.

Please contact us at contact@omegatheme.com, we all wait for your reply.

Best regards,
Omega Team

October 25, 2020

Pretty much useless as it does not see bot traffic. And as it can not see it, it can be blocked by the app.

top-shelf.de
Germany
Time spent using app: 4 days
Omega replied October 25, 2020

Hello,

Thanks for taking your time to leave us a review on Shopify and sorry for the bad experience you had with our app.
Our app cannot block the bot if IP address is dynamic, the app could not run properly by this way.
Please try blocking by regions such as countries, cities.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us at contact@omegatheme.com.
We are more than happy to support you.
Sorry again for any inconvenience you had.

Best regards,
Kaylee

June 13, 2020

Pathetic app. Not recommeded at all to any users of Shopify. No support and no proper instructions. It will block your site.

The Lagniappe India
India
Time spent using app: 25 days
Omega replied June 14, 2020

Hello,
Thanks for your feedback!
We checked but did not see any of your contact information send us to help. We are always ready to assist you upon request.
The document of the app: https://apps.omegatheme.com/region-restrictions/guide.html#app_installation

Regards,
Omega team support

October 12, 2019

Redirects ALL traffic! Would not recommend for this reason. Hopefully they can figure it out as it would be helpful.

Pacific Aura Botanicals
Time spent using app: 11 minutes
Omega replied January 20, 2020

Thanks for the feedback!
This is an option and the default is not set. You can completely set it to not block all.
You are setting up Block all so it will block all stores. It is used in case the store tests the block feature all before using.
And case of block all except whitelist rules.

Regards,
Omega team

December 8, 2018

I installed and then uninstalled your app BEFORE the supposed 3 day free trial but was just charged by you!! I am contacting Shopify about you ripping me off! Don't install this app!

Charmful Impressions
Time spent using app: 2 minutes
Omega replied July 16, 2019

Hello, I'm sorry for any inconveniences you faced. Now we make this app for free. You can try it again now for free!
Anyway You had used the apps for 2 segments of time, the 2nd one it will be combine with the 1st one. If it's passed 14 days you will pay for the 1st payment.

Let us know if you need any support. Thank you very much!

March 23, 2018

Installed it for one location and it blocked the whole world.

Biobids
Time spent using app: About 2 hours
Omega replied July 16, 2019

Hello, I'm sorry the issue. It was issue with the IP setting you made. You've made a wrong rule for the app. We hope you still need this app for this year as we make it free now for every one! Please give it a try and let us know if you need any further help on settings.
Omega Team