Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

The Lollipop Tree Boutique

Our old app worked fabulous but we can't get this app to work with anything and nothing the tech team has offered has worked at all. We just went and tried to use different labels that are on the list and they still don't print correctly. We haven't been able to print a single label for over a month and the whole process has been a disaster. We are close to switching everything to a different system to help correct the issue.

Hey there,
Thank you for this feedback. I have gone ahead and reached out to you via email to offer additional support as I would love to get more context from you so that we can work together to get this app working for you. I am sorry that your experience has been less than ideal and I look forward to working with you. -Bo, Shopify Support

Your Bling Boss

The app duplicates barcodes for different products. It is not compatible with Avery labels as advertised. A Dymo 450 is required and still doesn't print right. It could be more user friendly; such as, a more refined search for multiple items to be printed. I deleted the app, but will try again to see if that helps. It would be an awesome app if they could work out the kinks.

Hey there,
I am sorry to hear that this has been your currency, I appreciate you taking the time to give us this feedback. Dymo LabelWriter 450 or the Dymo LabelWriter Wireless Printer are the only compatible printers for this app, while Avery labels can be used as per our docs these are the only compatible printers for the app.

I have gone ahead and emailed you regarding the other issues you have mentioned so that we can troubleshoot together and get this app working for you! I look forward to hearing from you. -Bo

Vintage Redefined

We use this app to create barcodes to scan on merchandise. It is very finicky and hard to use. There are extra steps that make the process very tedious just to print a barcode. Lately the barcodes have not been printing correctly at all. It is wasting a lot of labels.

June 4, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback. It is very useful for future developments and to help make this as user friendly as possible for merchants such as yourself. I’ve also followed up with you via email to log your feedback for our development team and see what exactly is effecting your app and hardware.

Please feel free to reply to my email to see what we can do to help for you personally, but just to inform you there are only some printers that are supported and I have listed them here, just incase you are using hardware that we would not support: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-in-person/hardware/barcode-printer but regardless, I'll see what can be done. Thanks!

Niall, Shopify Support

Shop Southern Roots TX

Started out bad, got a little better, now it's worse than it started out. I was hoping it would be great, but now its not even working on Safari.

June 4, 2019

Thanks for sharing this feedback with us! Although the app should work on any up-to-date browser that we support, Shopify recommends using Chrome with the Retail Barcode Labels app for a more consistent experience. That said, we're always looking for ways to improve our apps, and I’ve reached out to you via email so we can log this feedback with our developers. I hope to hear from you soon! - Lauren, Shopify Support

Blush Ivey Boutique

They limit your review to 100 character so that you cant tell everyone how bad this app really is

June 4, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback!

We're sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with the Retail Barcode Labels app, and we'd love to assist to get this working. We encourage merchants to leave reviews with as much context as possible, and we require reviews to be at least 100 characters so that we can get a better understanding of the issue :) I’ve reached out to you via email so we can investigate this issue further. I hope to hear from you soon! - Lauren, Shopify Support

Top of the World

This app is terrible. It takes twice as long to setup and print barcodes. There is little customization and it only works in chrome.

June 4, 2019

Thanks for providing feedback on the Retail Barcode Labels! While the app is designed to work with all Shopify supported browsers, we do recommend Google Chrome for the best experience. We work hard to improve our app functionality, so I’ve sent out to an email to you and hope to hear more of your thoughts soon. - JP, Shopify Support

Pink Seahorse Boutique

I don't like that once you create a barcode you have to search for the item again - it's a waste of time!

June 4, 2019

Thanks for sharing this feedback about the Retail Barcode Labels app! This is a current limitation due to the app's workflow. That said, we’re always working to improve our apps' functionality, so I’ve followed up with you via email to log your feedback for our development team. - Lauren, Shopify Support

Two Cumberland

We want the old Bar Code Label Printer back. This app takes 4 times longer to print than the old label printer, and the app doesn't even want to pull up the correct format of labels to print. We liked the simplicity and ease of the old app and also being able to go to the list of the most recently added items and print from there instead of having to go to each individual item to print.

June 4, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to offer this feedback about the Retail Barcode Labels app! The apps team at Shopify is always looking for ways to improve the functionality and workflow of our apps, so I’ve reached out to you via email to get more context and to look into this further. I hope to hear from you soon!

Kira Hawaii

If I could rate this 0 stars I would. The old version of printing barcode labels was so much easier. All this app does is waste time and make printing labels so much harder than it needs to be.

June 4, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to offer this feedback! I apologize you had a less than positive experience with the app. For a general step by step help guide on how to use the app, check out our help guide here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-in-person/hardware/barcode-printer/retail-barcode-labels

HAVANA

Very disappointed, there are some many steps and it is difficult to use. Our previous barcode app was very easy..

June 4, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to offer this feedback about the Retail Barcode Labels app! I apologize for the frustration the new app has cause you and your team. The apps team at Shopify is always looking for ways to improve the functionality and workflow of our apps, so I’ve reached out to you via email to get more context and to look into this further. I hope to hear from you soon!