Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

ecoimagine

I know there are some complaints about this app, but I like it. It creates barcodes for me as well as labels so I don't have to do it manually.

Ooh La Lucy

This app is a major downgrade from the previous barcode app and needs major improvements that should have been evaluated before the new app was released. HUGE disappointment!

May 24, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I’ve followed up with you via email in case you needed any further assistance. -Lauren, Shopify Support

String Theory Colorworks

App reuses barcodes for multiple products, which doesn't help me with the automation with over 350 products each with up to 14 variants.

Also, it would be helpful if I could select what label I would like to begin printing on for the label sheets, as it is extremely rare that I have a full sheet of labels I need to print at any one time, and I abhor waste.

May 27, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. In regards to the app reusing barcodes, this should not be working as intended if it's doing this. There are ways to create barcodes from the app or even on a product level that are unique barcodes but I'll work with you in depth in my email to you. For re-using label sheets, there is a work around method that I can go over with you and will be letting our developers know of the paint point you were having so it can be addressed in the near future. I’ve followed up with you via email in case you needed any further assistance on this.

- Alex, Shopify Support

LAUNDRY

This app is okay. It gives the ability to generate barcodes and print labels, but it doesn't allow me to do it in succession. If I select a series of items and generate the barcodes, I have to re-select those same items again in order to print them. It would be more useful if I could generate the barcodes then print directly from the items I chose in the first place. Having to search for the item again is cumbersome and inefficient.

May 27, 2019

Hey, there. Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to share it with us so that we can improve! I've gone ahead and filed your valuable feedback to our development team. I've also reached out to you via email to follow up on your experience. I hope to hear back from you! -Jason, Shopify Support

Boutique Grand-Pré

Please note that this new app is not appreciated as the dimmensions I previously used are not even an option. Furthermore, when there are changes to Shopify, being whatever it is small or large changes, the Retailer should be notified and have an option of accepting or not. I now cannot print the labels I printed last year and have ordered several.

May 27, 2019

Thank you very much for sharing this feedback with us. This app does have the ability to work with most common label templates from Dymo and Avery, and also allows you to add custom sizes.

That being said, we're always looking for ways to make workflows easier for our store owners, so I'd like to chat about the trouble you've had with this app in more detail.

I’ve reached out to you via email, and hope to hear from you soon! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Plus Sized Pin Up

I have no idea why you got rid of the barcode APP that I was happily using which worked really well , this one is time consuming, fussy and difficult to work with , looking for other options outside of Shopify ,

May 28, 2019

Hey there, thanks for providing your feedback! I'd like to look into this issue further with you, so we can work to improve the the Retail Barcode Labels app's workflow and efficiency. I’ve reached out to you via email, hope to hear from you soon! -Lauren, Shopify Support

Bare Arms Gear

Very handy App, however, would be more useful if you were given the option of when receiving product, you could simply click to print labels for the items you're receiving in one easy step. The way the App is currently set up, it can be cumbersome to go back and forth and select items, edit number of labels needed, etc. Could be more streamlined and more efficient, but glad the App is available.

Blue Whale Trading Company

App works perfectly! We had 1,500 barcode labels across many different products loaded in 2 days in a new location.

Was concerned based on previous reviews, but running Dynmo printer with Mac computer was simple and efficient.

We did NOT use Dynmo software, just make template in Shopify, choose product (or variant) and print!

BK8 Outfitters

This app keeps stuffing up on me, half the time it won't even print and ends up just sitting there in the printer app?? Also feels like so many more steps to actually print barcodes compared to the old app. Not user friendly

May 28, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to offer this feedback about the Retail Barcode Labels app! The apps team at Shopify is always looking for ways to improve the functionality and workflow of our apps, so I’ve reached out to you via email to get more context and to look into this further. I hope to hear from you soon! -Lauren, Shopify Support

Bijou Lovely

This new app is the worst. Doesn't support all Dymo label sizes but won't let you export barcodes to print different sizes in the Dymo software. Won't print labels correctly in Safari either. Label designs look terrible compared to the old app. Please bring back the old app or let us choose which app we want to use rather than forcing stores to change to an app that doesn't work for their use case. I am very disappointed in this new app and frustrated that my employees and I are forced to use it. Shopify needs to start testing their "improvements" with actual brick and mortar stores prior to launching them. As someone who actually likes change when it useful and improves things, this is not that. You have taken away functionality with this app, not improved it.

May 29, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us about the Retail Barcode Labels app-- I'm sorry to hear the app hasn't met your expectations! We introduced this new version of the app to be easier to use and more reliable, but we're always looking into ways to improve its functionality.

When it comes to the inability to print via Safari, this is a known problem that can be resolved by using the Chrome browser instead. You will also be able to export your barcodes to the Dymo software via a product CSV. Once you export this file from your products page in the admin, you can import it into your Dymo desktop software to create any templates that aren't currently available in the app.

That said, I've reached out to you via email so that we can log your feedback with our developers, and to investigate these issues further. I look forward to hearing back from you! - Lauren, Shopify Support