Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

Over The Edge Apparel

this app doesn't work
i am a 2 store operation..i can't get barcodes done....this is ridiculous
why are u getting rid of the old app

April 25, 2019

Your feedback is valuable and will help us improve the platform so we thank you for taking the time to share it with us. I’ve followed up with you via email to log your experience for our development team. Hope to hear back from you! -Emma, Shopify Support

Honeybee Flea

This app is trash. Doesn't print labels correctly on 1x1 size. Does anyone know another free app I can use? "Barcode Printer" worked perfectly.. why did it get replaced with this?

April 24, 2019

Hey there, thank you for this feedback. I understand that this app has not lived up to your expectations. I did some digging into this for you and I have reached out to you via email with my findings. I look forward to hearing from you. -Bo, Shopify Support

Ari South

THIS IS THE REPLACEMENT?!?! ITS HORRIBLE!! Please please please please please bring back the original barcode app. There was NOTHING wrong with it!

April 24, 2019

We really appreciate your feedback for this app. We understand that you are not currently satisfied with this app and so I have reached out to you privately to provide support and give you the opportunity to give any more specific feedback. I look forward to hearing from you. -Bo, Shopify Support

Eleven Peaks Trading Co.

ANOTHER UPDATE! Why can we no longer print end to end labels? The only choices are side by side. I have tons of rolls of end to end because that is what I use to print. Now those won't work AT ALL!!!

UPDATE----It's STILL terrible! I went to print barcodes after having not printed any in quite a few months and it won't print all the lines even though it shows correctly in the print preview. And I've checked all the print settings. Seems I'm not the only one with this issue!!!! PLEASE FIX IT!!!!!

Terrible! It is NOT user friendly! PLEASE bring back the previous Barcode Printer app!!! I am NOT happy that something that worked great was replaced with garbage!

April 24, 2019

Hey there. We really appreciate your feedback. I have gone ahead and followed up with you via email to provide support and gather any further feedback may have for this app. I look forward to hearing from you. -Bo, Shopify Support

Veranda 804

Export your products to an excel spreadsheet and use the DYMO label making program. Way easier than using shopify's garbage excuse for a bar code app. if I could rate this a zero I would.

Hey there,
Thank you so much for this feedback. I am sorry that your experience with this app has been less than satisfactory. I have followed up with you via email if you would like any support or to give any more feedback please do get back to me there. -Bo, Shopify Support

Small Town Chic

This app is completely worthless. It is NOT user friendly!! WAY too many steps to print a barcode. The app you had before you took it away in Feb was way better than this one!

April 23, 2019

Thank you for the feedback, we are constantly trying to improve and so feedback such as this is always appreciated. I understand that this app does take more clicks than the previous version. I did some further digging into this and found that when merchants go to print the labels, they often experience missing label types from their print selection settings. To get around this, you will need to select 'Print using System Dialogue' and then select the appropriate SKU from the list there instead.

I have followed up with you via email to provide further support and receive any additional feedback. I look forward to hearing back from you! -Bo, Shopify Support

XTRINSIC

I printed a TON of barcodes using this app. These barcodes don't scan with my barcode scanner so now ALL those barcode stickers are worthless.

April 23, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us, it is always appreciated. I am very sorry to hear that you could not use those labels that you printed. I did some digging into this for you and found that you can adjust the print quality by selecting Layout > Print Features > Increase DPI to 300 x 600 which will render a better quality print-off. This works especially well for smaller labels.

I’ve reached out to you via email regarding this and any further feedback you may have for us, I hope to hear from you soon! -Bo, Shopify Support

Stroll

NO NO NO! THis App is NOT user friendly! I mean does shopify test these apps before they make changes! This App takes WAY to many steps to print a barcode.....AND what labels print sideways?? How do we change the setting to print on our DYMO barcodes? IT doesnt save the settings! TOO many steps to print one barcode! IT DOES not PRINT sideways! Shopify PLEASE FIX this before getting rid of the other printing APP! WE pay WAy too much $ for this service to have crappy plug in apps!

April 23, 2019

Thank you for this feedback! I did some digging into this and found that the additional clicks that you mentioned in your review were a known issue. To get around this, merchants must select Print using System Dialogue and then select the appropriate SKU from the list there instead.

Please do let me know if the labels are still printing sideways, I would love to help you out if so.

We’re always working to improve the way our apps work, so I’ve followed up with you via email to log your feedback for our development/platform team. -Bo, Shopify Support

The Carson House

I just read all the reviews...is Shopify ready to do something NOW? I hope so...

My Review: I used the Barcode Printer many times a day and was quite happy with it's functionality...in particular the fact you could see all the products you recently updated/loaded and assign barcodes for all at the same time. The new Retail Barcode takes way longer, requiring that you go into each product, assign barcode and print. When you ask to assign barcodes it says 'When all barcodes have been created, you’ll see an update on this page.', yet that does not appear, instead you need to go into each individual product and print... Why not test these updates with actual customers to ensure your clients will benefit, versus removing functionality that they actual need in order to be productive??? Call it a pilot... Not happy at all.

March 8, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we truly value your opinion and appreciate you taking the time to share it with us here so that we can make any necessary improvements.

I’ve followed up with you via email so that we can discuss this further and I can then share your feedback to our development team. Hope to hear from you soon! - Emma, Shopify Support

Layer Boutique

This is the worst app there is. I don't know why the previous app we used no longer exists. This just complicates the entire process.

June 14, 2019

Hello Layer Boutique, Firstly, thank you for sharing this feedback. We’re always looking to improve apps with feedback like this, and we are working to improve the way our apps work with stores and what they can offer merchants such as you. I’ve also followed up with you by email and I will log your feedback and recommendations to our development team. Thank you.

Niall, Shopify Support