Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

MILOSLC

Shopify is on the right track but the app is still very limiting. I do like that they are trying! One thing that would be a game changer is if the barcode app would allow us to print labels from the transfer or import windows. Way too hard to go and find the labels you need to print each time inventory is received. If Shopify would use the POS portion of the inventory as a true 'source of truth' then the philosophy would be much more effective!!

June 6, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback! We’re always looking to improve apps with this kind of information, and we are working to improve the way our apps work with stores and what they can offer merchants such as yourself. I’ve also followed up with you via email to log your feedback for our development team and if there are any other recommendations you would like to make, you can reply to that email. I would like to help you voice your concerns and forward them to our developers. Thanks!

Niall, Shopify Support

Lavender & Lace Boutique

The app changed about 3 months ago. It is not consistent and often does not scan with the hardware.

June 3, 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We work hard to improve our app functionality and the Retail Barcode Labels app is supported so you can reach out to us for assistance! I’ve sent an email to you, hope to connect soon!

- Alex, Shopify Support

ZoiDru

I was loving this app until the print alignment messed up on me I could not figure it out I tried everything! Such a big disapointment because the labels made my product look professional.

May 28, 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We work hard to improve our app functionality and the Retail Barcode Labels app is supported so you can reach out to us for assistance! I’ve sent an email to you and so we can get this app working! - JP, Shopify Support

Santa Fe Clay

We do not like the new app. The printer and label default changes each time the app is open. The old application was far better.

May 27, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! Our team works hard to improve the Retail Barcode Labels app functionality so we’d like to look into this further for you. I’ve reached out to you via email, hope to hear from you soon! -Lauren, Shopify Support

bluebird

I like the functionality of this app, however it would receive 5 stars if there were more options for setting up the labels. Currently only two lines are allowed for the size label I use, however there room for more lines but no functionality to support it.

Concession Road Mercantile

Good app, but a little buggy. Sometimes have to run "create barcodes" two times to get it to create the barcodes. Could be some functionality improvements such as when going from within a product to create barcode, would be good to then be back at the product to choose to print those barcodes, or an option for most recent products.

Radix Boutique

Too many extra steps with this new app, I hoped it would get easier with time but it still frustrates me daily! Now I can only use it on one of my computers and not the other, reading reviews I'm guessing it's because I'm using Safari on the one that it won't work on???? Wish they'd work the bugs out.

May 21, 2019

Hey there,

Thank you for this feedback. Thank you for the feedback regarding this. I understand that the additional clicks can be quiet frustrating. When you go to print the labels, you may experience missing label types from their print selection settings, you can checkout this screenshot https://screenshot.click/06-05-7krc4-gjgy2.png. To get around this, you can select Print using System Dialogue (see screenshot https://screenshot.click/06-07-t1ub2-jxx6e.png) and then select the appropriate SKU from the list there instead.

I have also sent on this via email, please do get back to me if you require any additional feedback.

All the Best,
Bo

MrMuffin'sTrains

This app has made printing and generating barcodes for products a lot easier for us.

We previously where manually making the barcode labels for the products which would take more time than needed. Typos and mistakes where often made. As well as having to save every single label...which isn't at all helpful when you have over 1000+ products!

The file is generated into a pdf file, which allows us to use are Zebra label printer to print out this labels.

This app is a game changer for us and hope to see some improvements down the line.

Things that I would wish to see this app implement in the future are:
- to allow custom label sizes to be entered and saved.
- to allow the transfer page to have a print label button available. this way as the product has been approved. hitting print labels for those items and the quantity shown would help get those labels placed on the product right away.
- To allow the title as a 2nd sub to become "..." if to long instead of being removed completely.
- For it to be able to display the compared price if the price is different. That way it displays a sale or price reduction instead of just showing the sale price. Example: $15.00 was $20.00 (I would recommend making this a separate option to allow the seller to choose the old version or this version)
- Add a setting menu to allow us to choose for it to auto generate barcodes as products are made or to leave it turned off to how it currently is now. This would allow sellers that make their own product or just need the barcodes for internal use to get them made right away.

SOLO gluten free

Tolle App die Ihren Zweck perfekt erfüllt und sehr hilfreich ist, Danke Shopify.
Grüße vom SOLO gluten free Team
www.sologlutenfree.com

Chance Vintage

Would love compatibility with Numerous other Labels... pretty frustrating to only be able to chose from such a limited amount of options.
There should also be an option where Barcodes are created automatically.
Having to Manually Create Barcodes every time a new product is added is extremely frustrating and counteractive towards efficiency and productivity.

Nevertheless it is understood that Shopify is an Online Sales platform and not POS, but the option to have Barcodes and a tagging system is defiently in the right direction.
It should just be way more user friendly, offer plenty more options as far as Barcode templates, and the processing flow of getting the barcodes to print should be a whole lot more simpler than it is right now.

Just an Honest review from someone who's been on SHopify for quiet a while now. Thanks.

May 16, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we value your honest feedback and appreciate you taking the time to share it with us here so that we can continue to improve. I’ve followed up with you via email so that we can discuss this further and I can share your feedback to our development team. Hope to hear from you soon! - Jason, Shopify Support