Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

Love on Haight

So you get barcodes, but sadly, they don't work for Google or Amazon...so only for shopify. Wish it was different.

November 4, 2020

Thank you for this feedback. Retail Barcode Labels creates 8-digit product barcodes that can be scanned and used in retail locations. Whereas the UPC codes required by Google and Amazon operate slightly differently. To learn more about how these codes are used on Google, please check out this document: https://bit.ly/3oVwf4c. Equally, this Amazon resource: https://amzn.to/3621odn is helpful, too.

I also recommend looking over this document (https://bit.ly/3mNmSl9) for more details on adding UPC codes to products in Google Shopping, as well as this document (https://bit.ly/364nCLM) that refers to this same process on Amazon.

I'll follow up with you via email so we can discuss this further! - Rae

Lake Superior Linen

It creates barcodes that are not allowed by Google, so if you plan to sell there you need a different way to get barcodes.

November 1, 2020

Hey, there! To provide some context here, the Retail Barcode Labels app creates 8 digit barcodes intended for scanning during retail sales. In contrast, Google requires 10, 12, or 14 digit UPC codes that must be valid barcodes (typically provided by your supplier). Every product has its own unique code that is created by the manufacturer.

In Google you will want to replace the Retail Barcode Labels app barcodes with the valid UPC codes for your products. If you aren't getting your products from a supplier (ie: they are made by yourself), then you can set your products to "custom" which allows Google to override the UPC/barcode section of the product. Feel free to reach out to us any time if you have more questions about this: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions. - Brie, Shopify Support

JMan Photography

Once Set Up it works good. Works on brother label system as well. Would like to be able to set one label as default setting, thus eliminating one step to print. Would also be nice to be able to print right from product listing with filter as I have alot of catching up to do with inventory and is tedious to have so many steps to print one label.

Trendyz Boutique and More

This app is terrible! The only reason I use it is because it is free. I have reached out many times to get help on why the price won't fit on the 1x1 labels as well as many other people and no response! So frustrating!

October 30, 2020

Hi, there. I'm sorry to hear that you're having a negative experience with the app and that you weren't able to get ahold of our support team. We are experiencing a high volume of support at the moment, so if you've reached out via email it may take our team a little longer than normal to get back to you. That said, in the future if your issue is urgent I'd recommend reaching out via live chat, or messaging us privately on Facebook or Twitter.

I'd like to take a closer look at this with you and make sure you get the support you need, so I'll reach out to you via email shortly. We can do some troubleshooting together there. Thank you. - Brie, Shopify Support

Clothing by Desiree

I have a clothing retail store and being able to create retail barcodes for all my items makes check out much easier. I can just scan the barcode and it pops right up, I also know I've selected the right item which means less issues at stocktake time.

Giana Rose Couture

Really not user friendly at all. Takes so long to create barcodes for each product and is very time consuming. I used to use shopkeep which created the barcodes automatically and didn't add any time to my day. You really need to work on this feature.

October 27, 2020

I'm sorry to hear that you've not found the Retail Barcode Labels app to be user-friendly but we appreciate you providing us with your feedback here nonetheless. I will be sure to pass your comments onto our development team for them to consider as we build and develop the app in future. Thank you. -Victor, Shopify Support

Hooray Children's Shoppe

My store has had no issues with this app. Sometimes it can take awhile for the barcodes to load but nothing too serious!

Jagged Lily Clothing Co.

I used to really love this app. However, it automatically changed my label printing settings, and now I can't print on any labels other than square. I wish it would also print on Dymo medium labels, but it's currently not an option.

October 27, 2020

Thank you for writing your review and for providing us with this feedback, it's much appreciated. I'd like to learn more about what your printing settings were before and if it's possible to revert back to them, so I will be sending an email to you shortly to discuss this in more detail. Please look out for that and get back to me there. -Victor, Shopify Support

Gold Apple Boutique

I use this app for my retail shop. In general it's been a life saver to be able to code and tag products. However recently it has been glitchy and not creating barcodes for all items - some are missing barcodes when generated. It may be an update issue. Overall I would recommend using this app for retail.

The Preppy Bunny

I works till you have a problem and then zero support. I have a few items that no matter what I do it will not create a barcode. I contacted support and nothing. I will be changing to a different barcode app.

October 22, 2020

Hi, there! Thank you for providing us with this feedback on your experience. I'd love to try and work through any issues with the application you might have encountered and will be following up with you via email shortly! We can continue our dialogue on this there. Thank you! -Oliver, Shopify Support