Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

yeehawcowboy

love this app!! helps me scan in inventory when a shipment comes in..... i prefer to get bar codes then just print them using this app with the " quick scan " app

RC's For Life

The barcode app is great for adding barcodes to items that didn't come with any. It works well and searching for items to print barcode works fine. I do wish that I could more quickly print a single barcode from the shopify products page without having to load the barcode page and then be able to click on File Print. Other than that extended step it works great.

Earth Mart

Everything seems to work find except there is no price appeared on the label even though I select the price section. Therefore, we could use this app.

June 9, 2020

Thank you for sharing your experience and letting us know that the price isn't appearing, despite selecting this field to be included on your labels. This can sometimes happen for businesses who are using a language, or currency, that isn't currently available on Shopify (https://bit.ly/3hdaSaI). However, this can also happen when product titles are too long, and the label doesn't have enough space to include the pricing.

I'd like to help determine which of these factors are causing the price to not display on your labels, so I'm going to send you an email shortly. I look forward to discussing this with you soon! - Rae, Shopify Support

iShop A La Mode

This app sucks. It does not work. After you create barcodes and go to print barcodes, it ALWAYS gives you an error message of missing one barcode so you have to repeat the entire process twice every time. So frustrating! It is wasting valuable time!!!

June 3, 2020

Thank you for leaving this review, and outlining the troubles you're encountering with Retail Barcode Labels. I'd really like to help look into this error message further and ensure this is investigated on our end, so I'm going to send you an email shortly with more information. Please reply directly to my email if you still need assistance with this. Speak soon! - Rae, Shopify Support

Kiekebooh!

The app works, but could work faster. Also why is it not possible to print all labels for items received on a purchase order. Does not make sense you need to go one by one even though you already have all items and quantities in the purchase order.

June 2, 2020

Thank you for writing your review and for providing your feedback on the Retail Barcode Labels app and how it can be improved. I'd like to discuss this with you in more detail, so I'll be sending you an email shortly to touch base on this matter. Please look out for my correspondence and get back to me there if you'd like me to take a closer look at this. -Victor, Shopify Support

Simple Life Trends LLC

Was able to create bar codes for my products and print.
NEED ability to pick starting label position on sheet of Avery 5160 labels. If I printed 10 labels on sheet, then next time I print, I would like to start printing at label position 11, not 1.

May 29, 2020

Hi, there! I believe you're referring to being able to start printing anywhere on an Avery page. In this case, some people have been able to flip the page around to print starting on the other end, in order to reduce that waste.

However, this doesn't always line up well depending on your printer. I'll follow up with you via email to confirm if that's what you're referring to, and we can discuss further. Thanks for the feedback! - Brie, Shopify Support

Papeterie du Dôme

The App seems to be doing what it's made for and quiet easily.
Only down side is not having the option to add blank labels at the beginning of an Avery page.
If I have already used half an Avery page for printing, I can't use the other half anymore :(

May 28, 2020

Hi, there! You're correct that there wouldn't currently be a way to add blank labels at the beginning, in order to only use a half page. Barcode labels by default are meant to fill the page, so your best bet here will be use smaller label sizes that will fit your labels correctly.

I'd like to find out more about why you're wanting to do this, so that I can pass your feedback on to our developers. I'll follow up with you via email shortly for more information. Thanks! - Brie, Shopify Support

Guadalupe Design

I think it would be great if you could also allow Dymo Medium Multipurpose Labels 30334 templates on a horizontal option

Amye's Traveling Boutique

I really do like this app and for me, so far it's been user friendly and easy to use. Down side? I wish it was compatible with Zebra label printers. I like that printer because it has a continuous retail tag option that's not an adhesive label. With this, I need to print my price tag on an adhesive label and then stick it to a tag that I then secure to my clothing items using a retail gun. Maybe Dymo will get on board with a continuous feed, non adhesive retail tag. I can only hope...and write a review ;-)

Stranger Games BST

Haven't had too many problems as far as ease of use. It's pretty simple and easy to work with.

I do wish it had more label options for Dymo printers. I use 1.5"x1" labels. I'm able to print them still but because there's a size difference it cuts some of the wording off if it's too long, even I choose fit to label when printing.

Another problem I had was not being able to now post my products to Google Shopping because of Google's length requirement. I didn't know this until after I had already barcoded over 1500 of my products. I haven't decided yet whether or not to redo all the barcodes because of this.

Something I also wish was an option was to add a date.

May 18, 2020

Thank you for leaving this review. I'm glad to hear that the app has been simple and easy to use in your experience!

At the moment, Retail Barcode Labels supports these labels sizes: https://bit.ly/2Zdw49M. However, I understand you'd prefer to work with 1.5" x 1" labels instead, so I'm happy to pass along your feedback regarding these sizes to our teams directly. I'll also share your note about including the date on the labels as well, as I can understand how this would be helpful.

In terms of the barcode requirements for Google Shopping, we have more details on what Google requires for this here: https://bit.ly/2AFXjQh. If you decide to edit the barcodes to fit Google's requirements, I recommend using the bulk editor (https://bit.ly/2Ti93ic) to make this process faster and easier.

I'll send you an email directly to confirm that we've logged your feedback on our end. I look forward to speaking with you soon! - Rae, Shopify Support