Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

Lumison Lighting Design

I nearly didn't download this app having read all the reviews but I'm SO glad I did. I'm not sure if I'm doing anything differently but it's working brilliantly for me. I found the app very easy to use and I like the ability to print directly from a product page or you can easily select different products/variants and number of labels to print from the products home screen. The labels print really well and its nice to have the functionality to personalise the look of the labels by creating a template. For future improvements I would suggest the ability to upload a logo and perhaps the option of custom spacing the text within a label if you decide not to print the barcode (otherwise the text is all at the top of the label). Other than that think its great. For people struggling I would suggest you take a look at https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-in-person/hardware/barcode-printer/retail-barcode-labels. Hope this helps.

The Carson House

I just read all the reviews...is Shopify ready to do something NOW? I hope so...

My Review: I used the Barcode Printer many times a day and was quite happy with it's functionality...in particular the fact you could see all the products you recently updated/loaded and assign barcodes for all at the same time. The new Retail Barcode takes way longer, requiring that you go into each product, assign barcode and print. When you ask to assign barcodes it says 'When all barcodes have been created, you’ll see an update on this page.', yet that does not appear, instead you need to go into each individual product and print... Why not test these updates with actual customers to ensure your clients will benefit, versus removing functionality that they actual need in order to be productive??? Call it a pilot... Not happy at all.

March 8, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we truly value your opinion and appreciate you taking the time to share it with us here so that we can make any necessary improvements.

I’ve followed up with you via email so that we can discuss this further and I can then share your feedback to our development team. Hope to hear from you soon! - Emma, Shopify Support

Layer Boutique

This is the worst app there is. I don't know why the previous app we used no longer exists. This just complicates the entire process.

June 14, 2019

Hello Layer Boutique, Firstly, thank you for sharing this feedback. We’re always looking to improve apps with feedback like this, and we are working to improve the way our apps work with stores and what they can offer merchants such as you. I’ve also followed up with you by email and I will log your feedback and recommendations to our development team. Thank you.

Niall, Shopify Support

Harper Home Design

Terrible barcode app. There are only a few options for Dymo labels, and the ones that are available do not print the right orientation. Would like more variety of labels to choose from so I can utilize this app.

June 14, 2019

Hello Harper Home Design. Thank you very much for taking the time to share this feedback. There is a current limitation on what labels can be printed. These are the ones that are supported:

> Small (1" x 1"), maximum of 6-8 digits
> Medium (1" x 2 1/8"), maximum of 22 digits
> Large (1 1/8" x 2 1/8"), maximum of 40 digits
> Butterfly/Barbell (3/8" x 3/4"), maximum of 8 digits (not available in the United Kingdom)

We’re always looking to improve apps with feedback, and we are working to improve the way our apps work with stores and what they can offer merchants like you. I’ve followed up with an email to you to log your feedback and give it to our development team. Thank you very much!

Niall, Shopify Support.

BuyMT.com

We use the bar code system on a daily basis to price product and get it on the shelves. We use the Dymo 30332 1" X 1" label and can't find it as an option in the list of labels. This also takes to many steps to print them out after you put in how many of each label you want. There are an additional 3 or more steps just to print 1 label. This is not cost effective when you are paying employees and it takes 5 minute to generate 1 label. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE BEFORE YOU TAKE THE OTHER APP DOWN!

I DID AFTER SEVERAL HOURS OF WORKING ON THIS FIND A WORK AROUND FOR THE 1 x 1 LABELS. I CHOSE LABEL SIZE 30335 AND IT WILL PRINT CORRECTLY AND STAY IN ALIGNMENT IF PRINTING MULTIPLE BAR CODES.

STILL NOT HAPPY WITH ALL THE STEPS THIS PROGRAM TAKES TO PRINT. NOW TO TRAIN ALL MY EMPLOYEES TO USE THIS PROGRAM AND WHICH LABELS TO USE. :(

June 17, 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback! Anytime you're struggling with a Shopify app you can reach out to us at Support for assistance. We work hard to improve our app functionality, so I’ve sent out to an email to you and hope to hear more of your thoughts soon. - JP, Shopify Support

BLACKBARN Shop

This is not working for me and the old app is days away from being discontinued. We use 1" x 1" Dymo labels and I cannot get them to print correctly. You can't even read the price when they print out... not good

June 17, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with the Retail Barcode Labels app! If information is printing outside of the designated space, it could be something in the printer settings that is affecting it. You can try using Chrome and following the recommended print settings here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-in-person/hardware/barcode-printer/retail-barcode-labels#recommended-print-settings-for-barcode-labels

Our development team is always looking at ways to improve the functionality of our apps, so I’ve followed up with you via email so we can take a closer look at the issue you are having as well as document any additional feedback you may have. Looking forward to connecting soon!

NashvilleSpiceCompany

The old app was ok but very slow. This app takes way too many steps to print barcode labels. We print a lot of labels for thousands of products and you now have to click 3 more times to just print a label. When you are doing many, this is not better - it's worse for productivity.

Additionally, the labels don't allow any adjustment so the product name and barcode get cut off on the left side of the label. There's no option to adjust that. When Shopify requires you to go to another app, it should at least meet what was good about the prior app and I would hope be more efficient and easier than less efficient. I'm not saying it's hard because you can figure it out easily but there are too many clicks that are unnecessary in an app.

The development team should sit and produce a few hundred labels of various products and then they'll see the opportunity to streamline the steps.

Our use: Dymo LabelWriter 450 Turbo with Dymo small labels 1"-2-1/8"
Everything worked fine on the prior app except the speed. Now it cuts off the name and sku on the left side and takes too many steps to simply print.

June 17, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with the Retail Barcode Labels app! We're always working to make sure our apps function properly for our merchants, so I’ve followed up with you via email so we can take a closer look at the issue you are having as well as document any additional feedback you may have. Looking forward to connecting soon!

Park & Province

I hope the devs or anyone who made this app actually read these reviews. The first app was bad but eventually functional from a workflow perspective. This new app has completely halted operations during one of our busiest times for printing barcodes. It's absolute garbage, the hoops you need to jump through from setup to print and simply not have it properly function (pages margins, etc) just go to show how overlooked the creation of this was. This is a very classic Shopify move, mindless development, never listening to your customers (it took 4+ years for customers to complain about the lack of a cost-of-goods section before any efforts of change), and releasing a product that actually destroys any productivity. I'm always amazed at how we're still paying for this platform, however it's difficult to move a whole shop's system. Must be why my two new shops are now on Squarespace...You gotta start helping your customers, Shopify.

June 17, 2019

Thank you for your feedback on the Retail Barcode Labels app! I have gone ahead and reached out to you via email to offer additional support as I would love to get more context from you so that we can get the app working to it's potential. I apologize that your experience has been less than ideal and I look forward to connecting with you!

shop218

Just go back to the old app, this one is terrible. Extremely difficult to use. Please re-instate the old app.

June 17, 2019

Hello Shop218, firstly, thank you very for sharing this feedback. We’re always looking to improve apps with feedback like this, and we are working to improve the way our apps work with stores and what they can offer merchants such as you. I’ve will be following up to you with an email. I will also log any feedback and recommendations to our development team that you have. Thank you very much.

Niall, Shopify Support

Linen and Cake

This app is very limited. It doesn't have an option to print on 3/4x2" DYMO labels that we have been using forever. I also want to print our logo on the label but there is no option for that. I may have to spend an extra $10/mo to get what I need, but I feel that as a product-based platform, Shopify needs to offer a solution to this problem.

Hey there,
Thank you so much for this feedback, is as always, is valued. I have gone ahead and reached out to you directly via email to offer any additional support you may need.
-Bo, Shopify Support