Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

SWEAT Active Fashion

This app is awful. The other app worked just fine for my business. This app cuts off words and just adds a "..." to the end. Are my customers supposed to guess what the rest of the words say? This app is terrible. Way to make our jobs harder guys!

Earrings by Emma

It seems like Shopify's trying their best to make improvements, but this app is not very helpful yet.

Pro...
#1 I can now use it in Chrome on my PC! Woo hoo! Before in the old app you could only use it on a PC. I have an iPad, but there's no way to hook the printer up to an iPad.

Here are my issues with it...
#1 - I use the 30332 label and that paper size is not available for me when I go to actually print.
#2 - Instead of auto reducing the size of the product title text, it just cuts it off which is frustrating.
#3 - Creating Barcodes doesn't allow me to pick the size of the barcode from what I can tell in the directions. I'm too afraid to try it otherwise as we have over a thousand variants.
#4 - It's great to save time at the checkout with barcodes, but it sure would be nice to have some sort of inventory update process. EX: Enter Inventory Mode... Scan a label and update how many you have on stock.
#5 - Not sure how to fix this one, but if I just want to quickly print a few of one variant it's click intensive.

Example: 1, Select All Products, type "product name" in search, select product, select more actions, select print barcode labels, find desired variant and enter 3 barcode labels to print, click inside and change the other 5-16 variants to 0, select print, select send to printer, select print again if your print options are correct.

Total time: 53 seconds going as fast as I can.... I have to wait for many screens to load. Total Clicks: 10 including one click as typing in the product name.

Dymo Software: 25 seconds and 6 clicks... clicks including typing the actual product name out.

Conclusion... if the app assigns the correct style of barcode for the dymo printer, then I think creating barcodes for all your products would be awesome with this app. (The old app wouldn't assign the correct style of barcode for me to use the small LW barcodes)

I won't be using it unfortunately to print my barcodes though until they get it to work with the 30332 paper size and work with less clicks.

BTW... I'd be happy to be a tester if you guys need a client to test things out.

Florida Jean Company

Disappointed with app no adjust-ability, cuts off titles without shrinking, lacking on title adjustments.

Pippettes dispensary

Half baked. The old barcode printer app was due for some improvements but it worked and this isn't an improvement. defaults to the total number of items in stock regardless of location. Loads of printer selection and print preview steps. When It actually printed for me the barcodes are unreadable by the scanner. Back to the drawing board.

CritFitArmy

I had the original "Barcode Printer" app and it worked well, but this one is juts bad.
Cannot export labels to the DYMO app, and the preset sizes suck!
When it does print its cut off or not proportionate. Gone through 5-10 labels trying to get sizing right.

Mag Park Topanga

This app is terrible. This app is terrible. This app is terrible. This app is terrible. Bring back the old one.

Lillypaws Designs

Been unable to print with my Dymo label printer, contacted support but getting nowhere. Basically the app is all setup, when I press print the labels come out but are completely blank! No information on them at all. Printer works fine when printing labels outside of Shopify!

EastWestNovelty

The older app allowed me to print directly off the products page, I could click "Print Barcodes" and it would open a new page where you could enter how many Barcodes you needed printed for each variation of your item. Once you selected the amount, you clicked print, and the Dymo printer would start to print.

This app is UNUSABLE. After selecting to print Barcodes for an item, it brings you to a page that has you select the template size of the barcode you are printing and Qty. This would be amazing if once you clicked "Print" on this screen it would allow you to print. But no, it opens up another page, for a "print preview" and asks you to click another time, "Send to Printer". Once you
select that, it brings you to ANOTHER entire Tab/Page, where it prompts your printing settings, and doesn't even recognize the Template that you just choose, then on top of that, once you go thru the list of the paper size, the two codes we use 30332 and 30336 are not existent. If you now click "Print using System Dialog" it'll prompt ANOTHER print screen, where you can choose paper size again, and you can finally find the correct size template that you choose 4 pages back and 10 clicks ago. Now I hit print thinking I've finally acquired the tags I need. Nope, the Tops are cut off, hmm lets shrink it to 75% , nope the bottom is cut off.

PLEASE LET ME DOWNLOAD THE OLD APP AGAIN!

Joslynn's French Home

Update-
So it's now working decently in the Edge browser, but still not working in Chrome so no longer a 1 star review, but until it works in Chrome, I am not giving it a 5 star review.

I see that Shopify is rolling out this as a replacement for it's current label app, but you cannot scan the barcode that prints out on a Dymo Small label, so that had better be fixed.

Roulette Clothing

THIS - This app is almost perfect...

It's only flaw is the character limit assigned to the first line of the label. If you are over the character limit, it cuts off your title and adds in "..." at the end, instead of shrinking the title size to fit to the barcode like EVERY other app out there. Simply not usable until that is changed.